• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Vidcast: Draft Discussion

Thanks Buster. I try to be different. Entertaining and not a know it all.

At what clock time in the vid-cast does this all take place………… ???

J / K

Stryker, you do a GREAT job all the way around. All those involved too !!!

THANK YOU

Salute the nation

Hi Guys,

We're starting the Draft Discussion tonight with 4 writers Matt Papiernik, LeeAnn Lowman, Ben Michaelian, and Zac Francias tonight at 7pm.

Jump on youtube if you want to start discussing picks!

www.youtube.com/SteelerNation
show would be much, much better without that aging hipster douchebag with the beard who starts the show.

So Espn was throwing out rando trades for every team and suggested that the Minny Hornheads might want to trade up to 17 to grab a qb… lets say that the typical targets we are interested in are all there at 17… would you trade down to 21 for an extra third round pick?

When you say "typical targets we are interested in are there at #17", I would have to ask "who are they" and "are their 4 equally desirable prospects left at #17 so that at least 1 of them is still there at #21, otherwise, you have to take the pick at #17.

I love the idea of moving down and getting extra picks IF one of the two (Jones and PJ) are not available (means we can pick up an upgrade at RT later or say CBs (Gonzo, Porter) are gone at #17, then the CB room starts to equalize where any of the next 5 picks could be ok to great depending. If Branch is there with LVN, Banks, JSN and the aforementioned are gone, I still stick to #17 and pick one of either Branch or LVN (if Highsmith future is not going to be with us in 2024).

I think we have a good chance to score a year-one starter at #17 as the consensus mocks have at least a few guys that will make it to #17 BUT if the mocks are wrong about the QBs (which they were last year), we might be better to trade down and get another 2nd or 3rd rounder as the draft has some potential up to round #4 to grab an impact player depending on the "runs at position" that seemingly happen every year.

Hi Guys,

We're starting the Draft Discussion tonight with 4 writers Matt Papiernik, LeeAnn Lowman, Ben Michaelian, and Zac Francias tonight at 7pm.

Jump on youtube if you want to start discussing picks!

www.youtube.com/SteelerNation
I have to catch that episode. Ben and Matt are good draftniks.

So Espn was throwing out rando trades for every team and suggested that the Minny Hornheads might want to trade up to 17 to grab a qb… lets say that the typical targets we are interested in are all there at 17… would you trade down to 21 for an extra third round pick?

For an EXTRA 2nd, for sure, but a 3rd would make me really have to look.

salute the nation

it would take more than an extra 3rd

Yeah i think thats where I am at… especially if one of those teams are gunning for a qb… make em pay…

Definitely and I’d have to look real hard at who was available and what I felt the ones in front of me (at 21) would pick.

We are going to find out in one week,

A lot of Scenarios out there but I truly hope we UP-GRADE our OL with a day one starter. Could also use a VERY good DL as well. ( I know we have other needs but just want the trenches re-Inforced )

Salutye the nation

Definitely and I’d have to look real hard at who was available and what I felt the ones in front of me (at 21) would pick.

We are going to find out in one week,

A lot of Scenarios out there but I truly hope we UP-GRADE our OL with a day one starter. Could also use a VERY good DL as well. ( I know we have other needs but just want the trenches re-Inforced )

Salutye the nation
If Broderick Jones is there at 17, it would take a hell of a lot to get me to trade down… if Paris Johnson was there I still would want a good amount to move…
If Jalen Carter fell it would be probably worth taking him over trading down, and if they felt a cb was there who was going to be a true top shutdown guy that would be great… but if its like darnell wright and antwon Harrison and joey porter jr… yeah move down a couple spots, pick up that extra pick and get a guy who might be an upgrade or just a good player, then you get another lottery pick to shore up depth later

For me it would have to be a 2nd in this thick draft, and I take it in a heartbeat.

you don't already follow cope on youtube?

shamefull

I don’t do any social media of any kind, even YouTube.

I just go there when I’m actually going to watch……. Sort of like a spot watcher and done.

This is the ONLY website I’m signed on to, BUT I do catch a lot of his vid / pod cast(s) from link(s) posted here or “home” page.