• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation War Room NFL Draft: Day Three

Another Maryland player Tomlin drafting all his kids mates? Lol

Can come in compete with Dangerfield and Allen. Decent depth/value pick.

He's a box safety.

He may be listed as that but I see him used much like Barron was. He started out as a LB and it shows up with how he plays. Physical downhill, solid tackler type. I believe this is Barron's replacement and I like the pick...

Lucky to make the team with no depth at safety? You're talking about beating out Marcus Allen and Jordan Dangerfield. He has the size for a hybrid S/LB.

No reason to think he can't beat out both of them. Tomlin ran up to the computer the second the Steelers were on the clock. Colbert is doing laps around his bedroom as we speak.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsteelernation1933%2Fvideos%2F821635328359031%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

The pick is in!

He's 5'-11" and pretty slow. I wouldn't call that prototypical hybrid type at all. He is good tackling in the box and that's about it. He's too short and slow to cover TE's. Assessments say he's not a ball hawk by any stretch. I'll wait and see but I think there were better options and definitely better players still left to pick from. He sounds like a very good option against the run but not so much against the pass happy NFL these days.

He's a special teams demon hopeful. I really don't think Tombert consider round 6 at all for starter potential. Antonio Brown was the one great exception.

He's a tweener without a real position. Can't play deep safety so everything is in front of him. Can't play box safety because his turn and cover skills just aren't NFL caliber. But covering punts? Could be an A+ player and no matter how I and many here like to think of the back end of the roster, Tombert make a team every year of 5-8 guys that are not even on the roster to ever play an offensive or defensive snap (and if they do they suck). Just like Colbert has said many times. Come 6th round, I'm looking for special teams contibutions.

No reason to think he can't beat out both of them. Tomlin ran up to the computer the second the Steelers were on the clock. Colbert is doing laps around his bedroom as we speak.

Hope he don’t beat out JD
This is just a selfish thing as my buddy is dating his mom,He’s a great kid

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Were there medical concerns on Trey Adams the OT out of Washington? ESPN's 73 ranked player and he's still on the board

Going live I will answer live questions on Twitter.