• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation War Room NFL Draft: Day Two!

Higgins, Pittman, Baun, Jones, Harrison or Winfield would be noice.

Correct. Brown was used for kicks inside the 20 with a low return rate for his sure hands. Eli returned 7 punts in 16' then the majority in 17. Still a long time for a WR1 to return punts, but AB was that good. Keep in mind with Tomlin, the #1 job of a PR is to retain possession. Anything outside of that is a bonus.

I'm all for increasing return potential, I just don't see it as a position of need, especially since the league has hamstrung KRs with rule changes that started last year. Personally, I'd rather have a punt returner on KR now, since the rules now make it seem more like a PR than a KR, but our team has been slow to adopt this philosophy.

i’m not saying you take Hamler primarily as a return man but it’s another box he checks. Hamler is one of the top remaining deep threats and that is why you draft him. Also, he can do some of the things DJ can do as a receiver with the short passes and screen game. JuJu and Washington are not great at that.

Some may worry about Hamler’s size. He’s short but pretty solidly built. He did 15 reps of 225 which is damn good for a guy who is abou 5’9 and 180. He also has hand on 9 and 3/8 which are big for his size. I’m not claiming he’s a beast like Steve Smith but he’s not frail. He does have the speed to take the top off the defense.

Going to be hard for them to **** this up. Lots of good players still available at positions of need and depth, more concerned about them doing something like drafting hurts in the second.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

If we draft Jalen Hurts at #49 (I wouldn't mind) the board will go NUCLEAR!!!

Going to be hard for them to **** this up. Lots of good players still available at positions of need and depth, more concerned about them doing something like drafting hurts in the second.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I have faith in their incompetence

i’m not saying you take Hamler primarily as a return man but it’s another box he checks. Hamler is one of the top remaining deep threats and that is why you draft him. Also, he can do some of the things DJ can do as a receiver with the short passes and screen game. JuJu and Washington are not great at that.

Some may worry about Hamler’s size. He’s short but pretty solidly built. He did 15 reps of 225 which is damn good for a guy who is abou 5’9 and 180. He also has hand on 9 and 3/8 which are big for his size. I’m not claiming he’s a beast like Steve Smith but he’s not frail. He does have the speed to take the top off the defense.

from what I saw of Hamler, he's lightning fast. Good hands and just incredible after the catch.
that said, i just don't see his size as helping him make it in the NFL. He is, however, similar in size to Tyreek Hill (5'10", 185) - whereas Hamler is 5'9", 178.

I can't see it...

9471259607070.png

**** that garbage. no. Hurts does nothing to help us now.

Trust me, even though I'm a homer - I've seen several notable draftniks make the claim. The most popular being Walt, from Walterfootball.com, he believes Jalen will be the pick (I don't see it but I won't be mad like you). Now, Charlie Campbell's pick is more realistic w/ JK Dobbins.

I have no idea which direction we go but here are my final decision: JK Dobbins

Video is up!

HERE WE GO!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsteelernation1933%2Fvideos%2F632888487558586%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

And guys, I'm doing like 20 things at once when I simulcast. Give me time to update he sheets when I get off of the live simulcasts, and help me out if I'm updating and missed something. It takes all of us!

Thanks Paul for helping me update Ford's color coded big board!

Dammit, he's going to be a monster paired with AJ Green and Auden Tate. All size and speed. WOW!