• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation War Room NFL Draft: Day Two!

Who was he talking about Coolie? Why isn’t he pimping his DT, Hamilton for pick 49?

It’s funny I couldn’t get on the board during the draft as it was probably overloaded, but I saw a “Tag, sign and trade Dupree” topic, then disappeared later after the draft? Coach wasting bandwidth again?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Same here. So I got drunk and passed out...

He was talking about Josh Jones, I merged his "look at me" thread with this one

the site had some issues last night, but the powers that be say they have fixed them and we should be good to go tonight

Last night really didn't matter anyway - thanks to all that helped and are helping!

unless there is someone the Steelers absolutely love, I wouldn't move up, there is a lot of talent left and a real quality player should be available at our spot

You're absolutely correct - no need to move up. We could potentially, and I stress potentially, drop back 3-5 spots and still get a quality starter. JMHO...

DJ did punts only. Hamler can do punts and kickoffs. Plus the steelers tend to not want their top WR doing returns. That’s why AB only did it occasionally despite the fact he may have been great at it.

Yay, we're actually going to pick somebody today!!

I updated Ford's big board. Click Here! Everyone taken I removed the color coding.

I also have been following along with our top 115 from Matt and CJ, our draft writers for the site. Click here to see the updated slotting of talent and who is left.

Also we still have the draft needs sheet by Litos. Click here to view

I'm going to run a video on Twitter and FB Live right before the draft. I'll embed it here after it rolls. Also planning to go live right before we pick, to capture the excitement. Can't wait!

GO STEELERS!!! :towel2:

Isaiah Simmons hope we grab him since he’s still on fords board!

Coach, why would you give up the 3rd round pick for a guy who at best is going to be your 3rd string RB?

That just makes no sense.

Coach, why would you give up the 3rd round pick for a guy who at best is going to be your 3rd string RB?

That just makes no sense.

While I wouldn’t move up for him no way Taylor would be 3rd string. He’d be behind Conner then starting by week 5

While I wouldn’t move up for him no way Taylor would be 3rd string. He’d be behind Conner then starting by week 5
Not buying he would be starting by week 5 . With his fumbleruskies he could very well be in the doghouse by then too. Like the other speedy 40 guy.. CB cooch liked last year I have no want for Taylor.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

We don't need a ******* Running Back. Grab the BPA between DL/OL/S/WR in the next few rounds.

RB is definitely a position of need to give the Steelers better balance in that offense. Despite Conner's 4.0 & Snell's 3.9 YPC it just seemed to me the Steelers couldn't move the ball on the ground when they needed to. With LeVeon back there teams couldn't cheat and had to keep more guys in the box which helped to provide single coverage downfield in the passing game which is why Schuster & Brown had big games. Last season I really didn't see any team stack the box against us all season. Even though we were definitely a run first team...no one stacked the box.

Putting an explosive kid like Johnathan Taylor back there would make Defenses think twice about stacking the box because he's a dual threat and his big play capabilities would make him a focus for opposing defenses. I don't know if you've seen Taylor run in college but the kid has breakaway speed that gives you butterflies. Something we haven't had since Willie Parker.

We don't need a ******* Running Back. Grab the BPA between DL/OL/S/WR in the next few rounds.

I disagree, we don't need a one dimensional RB, but we need a dual threat, someone that can run and be a threat out of the backfield, preferable with some speed, we are a slow offense right now.

DJ did punts only. Hamler can do punts and kickoffs. Plus the steelers tend to not want their top WR doing returns. That’s why AB only did it occasionally despite the fact he may have been great at it.

AB was our punt returner for 8 years...

I know it isn't the sexy pick but we should probs go oline with 49th. if the right one is there.

I disagree, we don't need a one dimensional RB, but we need a dual threat, someone that can run and be a threat out of the backfield, preferable with some speed, we are a slow offense right now.

The RB's in the Steeler's stable aren't one dimensional. Don't mistake ****** play design for a lack of RB receiving yards. We have a stable of capable running backs on the roster that was grinding out yards against stacked fronts the best they could. The Steelers have more glaring issues to address with this 2nd and 3rd picks.

I'll say this, If Colbert and Tomlin draft Jake Fromm in the 3rd round...you'll ******* hear me lose my **** from inside your living rooms. Ben 2.0 - maybe he'll prove me wrong like Ben did. :)

The RB's in the Steeler's stable aren't one dimensional. Don't mistake ****** play design for a lack of RB receiving yards. We have a stable of capable running backs on the roster that was grinding out yards against stacked fronts the best they could. The Steelers have more glaring issues to address with this 2nd and 3rd picks.

I'll say this, If Colbert and Tomlin draft Jake Fromm in the 3rd round...you'll ******* hear me lose my **** from inside your living rooms. Ben 2.0 - maybe he'll prove me wrong like Ben did. :)

I will destroy my laptop...

Hamler is Dri Archer 2.0...hard pass. Higgins has to be a target but not sure he lasts. However many teams that needed a WR got one in round 1 so it's possible he falls. Probably will see a run on RB's in the 2nd round like we saw with WR's yesterday.

AB was our punt returner for 8 years...

AB only did kickoffs his first 2 years. His last few years AB was not doing punts all the time after he establish himself as an expensive star. He did about half the punts in 17 and none in 18 despite him still clearly being the best return option. Tomlin also seems to refuse to let his main starters return kicks as he’s content to trot out backup RBs to do it over the years. Hamler can do kicks and he can preserve DJ from having to do punts which is something I think Tomlin would like.

Hamler is Dri Archer 2.0...hard pass. Higgins has to be a target but not sure he lasts. However many teams that needed a WR got one in round 1 so it's possible he falls. Probably will see a run on RB's in the 2nd round like we saw with WR's yesterday.
Hamler little too much question marks for my taste especially for a round 2 pick.

Look what came today I am ready for our pick , Cush,Dobbins, or Higgins come on down!

IMG_20200424_164554576.jpg

Last edited:
AB only did kickoffs his first 2 years. His last few years AB was not doing punts all the time after he establish himself as an expensive star. He did about half the punts in 17 and none in 18 despite him still clearly being the best return option. Tomlin also seems to refuse to let his main starters return kicks as he’s content to trot out backup RBs to do it over the years. Hamler can do kicks and he can preserve DJ from having to do punts which is something I think Tomlin would like.

Correct. Brown was used for kicks inside the 20 with a low return rate for his sure hands. Eli returned 7 punts in 16' then the majority in 17. Still a long time for a WR1 to return punts, but AB was that good. Keep in mind with Tomlin, the #1 job of a PR is to retain possession. Anything outside of that is a bonus.

I'm all for increasing return potential, I just don't see it as a position of need, especially since the league has hamstrung KRs with rule changes that started last year. Personally, I'd rather have a punt returner on KR now, since the rules now make it seem more like a PR than a KR, but our team has been slow to adopt this philosophy.

Going to be hard for them to **** this up. Lots of good players still available at positions of need and depth, more concerned about them doing something like drafting hurts in the second.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Is the NFL bringing back kickoff returns?