• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Announce Release Of Big 2023 Disappointments Mitch Trubisky, Pressley Harvin, And Chuks Okorafor

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have begun to make roster moves just one day after the NFL season wrapped up. With the team reportedly $16 million over the 2024 salary cap, they were going to be forced to make moves and they've decided to start with them sooner rather than later.

READ MORE

I think the Steelers are about 4 million under the cap with the moves.

Well Chukes a little not trying trade him. But I think the roster bonus and being cap compliant factored in...
Yeah.. Roster bonuses come in two forms... one that hits in march and one that hits in june iirc.. my guess is Chuks had the former and they needed to move quick on him... guess they figured trying to pry a late rounder at the draft wasnt worth the cap space they would eat...

Harvin was likely just a move to give the guy time to catch on to a teams offseason program... they were moving on from him

Mitch leaving signals whatever vet they are targeting that at least the backup role is a surefire thing...

Yeah.. Roster bonuses come in two forms... one that hits in march and one that hits in june iirc.. my guess is Chuks had the former and they needed to move quick on him... guess they figured trying to pry a late rounder at the draft wasn't worth the cap space they would eat...

Harvin was likely just a move to give the guy time to catch on to a teams offseason program... they were moving on from him

Mitch leaving signals whatever vet they are targeting that at least the backup role is a surefire thing...

Yep a March hit plus trying to get cap compliant plus Chunks running his flap didn't help a trade idea with a decent cap hit for a team as well. Really only good move was to cut him with all things considered.

About stinking time. How Tomlin got a pass on them is beyond me. Chuks has the best chance of getting picked up. The other two, maybe the UFL.

I think the Steelers are about 4 million under the cap with the moves.
I seen conflicting all the way to 9 million over. Anywho if over they will easily be able to get under. With work they can free up a significant amount to bring in free agents...

Patrick Peterson
I would definitely cut bait with him. Robinson, Peterson, and then tweaking TJ, Highsmith, and Minkah and of course Cam.

Lot of money can be freed up...

I'm surprised they eat dead money hit on mitch. Very non- rooney.
Sometimes it is just necessary. You don't want a free agent second guessing coming in. They clearly will be bringing in a vet IMO.

Interesting mitch was released so soon without the Mason thing being settled unless it is internally. To me this means they are looking at keeping Mason and bringing in a vet or drafting a QB3. I don't think they would leave Pickett as the only qb on the roster with team experience

Harvin will probably sign with a new team and be a pro bowl punter next year. The curse of Tomlin

What if I told you he was one of the better punters in regards to putting the ball inside the 20?

Dotson and KG (although in a limited sample) did better elsewhere. Dobbs had his moments. 2 ex Steelers corners had their moments.

The days of a free Steelers free agent going somewhere else and not being as good seems to be days of the past. For the most part...

Anyone leaving this team and shining shouldn't be much of a surprise at this point.

To continue early statements, I don't think this team is coached up to their best of abilities. Players in wrong positions, others who act inappropriately, others who take an extended time before seeing the field, others who take an extended time before being benched.

It is no wonder that seasons end badly with such a laundry list of notables.

I seen conflicting all the way to 9 million over. Anywho if over they will easily be able to get under. With work they can free up a significant amount to bring in free agents...
Some cap sites just list the actual money that is currently tied up in contracts

Some account for that plus the draft spots ypu currently have and what they will cost

And some idiotic ones try to factor in your free agents and what they think it will cost to resign or replace them..

Interesting mitch was released so soon without the Mason thing being settled unless it is internally. To me this means they are looking at keeping Mason and bringing in a vet or drafting a QB3. I don't think they would leave Pickett as the only qb on the roster with team experience
I think it's the first step in trying to keep Mason. No way he was coming back with the same dynamic to the QB room.

I'm surprised they eat dead money hit on mitch. Very non- rooney.
My guess would be Rooney, Tomlin or a combination of the two were behind last year’s blunder of extending him…extending him stinks of Rooney as he does appear to be a solid teammate and citizen which are both higher on the list than football skills.

Maybe Khan is asserting himself more and told someone to step the hell back and let me work…at least that is the dream scenario as he appears to be the competent guy in the room (along with Weidl).

Just get the clowns outta the kitchen and they can come have some cookies once Khan and Weidl are done baking em.

Speaking of cooking, how the hell does Robinson escape that round of cuts. Is he hiding at a darkness retreat in a hole with Rodgers?

I think it was more of a symbolic event to made Mason and his agent pay attention.