• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Assistant Coaching Hires

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers have several openings on staff. It looks like the first one is hired per Dulac.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steelers hiring Alfredo Robert’s as tight ends coach, replacing James Daniel.</p>— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) <a href="https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1353787105370058752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know nothing about the guy, but he's coached tight ends with the Jaguars, Browns, Bucs, Colts, Carmel High School, and Chargers. It appears he hasn't spent more than 4 years with any team.

ironically,, his last stint was with the Chargers.. Pep hamilton whom the steelers are interviewing,, is most recently with the Chargers.

Maybe just a coincidence.

ironically,, his last stint was with the Chargers.. Pep hamilton whom the steelers are interviewing,, is most recently with the Chargers.

Maybe just a coincidence.

I was thinking this as well. It could mean that Pep is heading to Pittsburgh or he may have simply given Roberts an endorsement during his interview.

Don’t know who he is so have to hold off my opinion on him.

Just like the OL assistant, why would you hire this guy without having your O coordinator hired so he would be included in the process of hiring someone who will be reporting to him. Just makes zero sense. I guess it truly goes to show our OC and DC are nothing but puppets for Tomlin. And, all the more reason Tomlin should get all the blame for the bad **** that happens on the team.

Just like the OL assistant, why would you hire this guy without having your O coordinator hired so he would be included in the process of hiring someone who will be reporting to him. Just makes zero sense. I guess it truly goes to show our OC and DC are nothing but puppets for Tomlin. And, all the more reason Tomlin should get all the blame for the bad **** that happens on the team.
Our coordinators are just sacrificial lambs to deflect Tomlins inability to coach. I wouldn’t take a steelers coordinator position if I had other options.

I played ball with his 2 sons in high school at Carmel. Can’t speak on Mr. Robert’s coaching ability, but he’s a real good guy. Somebody mentioned above he doesn’t stick around teams long... he May be looking at move to Pittsburgh for the stability it clearly offers over other organizations. I know Indianapolis let him go with a change in staff.

Dulac reporting that the Steelers will hire a QB coach to replace Canada.

Pep Hamilton has been removed from the Chargers website along with white a few other coaches. May be a whole new regime there before Peps interview in Pittsburgh. Pep as QB coach is another move I’d be on board with.