• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Combine Meetings

Also, Christian Gonzalez spoke about meeting Tomlin, so I'm guessing they had a meeting with him as well (not sure if formal or informal), Depot hasn't put him on their meeting list though
Rumor has it he has let it be know to all the GM’s that he won’t play for anyone but the Steelers. 😁😁😁

More meetings for the Steelers

OL:

Andrew Vorhees (USC)
Dalton Wagner (Ark)/Informal
Carter Warren (Pitt)/Informal
Tyler Steen (Ala)/Informal
Joe Tippmann (Wisc)
Peter Skoronski (Northwestern)
Waya Morris (OK)/Informal
Jordon McFadden (Clem)/Informal
Olu Oluwatimi (Mich)/Informal
Brett Laing (Minnesota-Duouth)/Informal
Ricky Stromberg (Ark)

RB:

Chase Brown (Illinois)/Informal
Travis Dye (USC)/Informal
Tank Bigsby (Aub)/Informal
Keaton Mitchell (ECU)/Informal
Cameron Peoples (App St)/Informal
Deuce Vaughn (Kan St)/Informal

It appears the Steelers are meeting with every invite to the combine.
Have to camouflage. Or try to. I look to see who they have eats with. Then you know the interest is strong...

There should be a list about who the Steelers haven’t met with. It would be quite small
Well they crossed off big heads and small hands.So that upped the tally.

Very curious if they are going to venture away from the power 5 philosophy in the early rounds...

I find it hard to understand why they did not meet with Campbell. With his combine performance he is going to be possibly available around all of their first three picks. To me he is exactly what they need though 17 is too early. But drop back or possibly 32. One thing we know the Steelers do not hide courtship.

I find it hard to understand why they did not meet with Campbell. With his combine performance he is going to be possibly available around all of their first three picks. To me he is exactly what they need though 17 might be too early. But drop back or possibly 32. One thing we know the Steelers do not hide courtship.
True but they have picked outside of it before...

Have to camouflage. Or try to. I look to see who they have eats with. Then you know the interest is strong...
Gonna be tough to camouflage their love for Joey Porter Jr. or Jordan Addison.

I just don't see Witherspoon or Gonzalez being there and round 2 will probably be the target for an offensive lineman. That really doesn't leave too many playmakers available at premium positions at 1.17. I picked Addison in my last mock, though I did think Tomlin could go Banks that high.

I find it hard to understand why they did not meet with Campbell. With his combine performance he is going to be possibly available around all of their first three picks. To me he is exactly what they need though 17 is too early. But drop back or possibly 32. One thing we know the Steelers do not hide courtship.
They have 30 in house visits, and the pro days to meet with him, there will plenty of opportunities for them to meet with him and others they haven't met with. I'm sure they've planned ahead of time who they want to focus on outside of the 15 min meetings the combine offers.

Gonna be tough to camouflage their love for Joey Porter Jr. or Jordan Addison.

I just don't see Witherspoon or Gonzalez being there and round 2 will probably be the target for an offensive lineman. That really doesn't leave too many playmakers available at premium positions at 1.17. I picked Addison in my last mock, though I did think Tomlin could go Banks that high.
If that was their two decides I know I would lean Addison. For them to pick the only right thing to do is have Joey drag Rayray's arse off the bus and let the winner decide.

More meetings

OL:

Broderick Jones (GA)
Paris Johnson (Oh St)
Henry Bainivalu (Wash)/Informal
TJ Bass (Ore)/Informal
Ryan Hayes (Mich)/Informal
Anton Harrison (Ok)/Informal
Jake Andrews (Troy)/Informal

RB:

Kendre Miller (TCU)/Informal
Chris Rodriguez (Kentucky)/Informal
Roschon Johnson (Tex)/Informal

Addison is the one guy I just don't want. I don't know that much I just don't see need that bad. Get a front seven monster or giant oline.

Addison is the one guy I just don't want. I don't know that much I just don't see need that bad. Get a front seven monster or giant oline.
Even if it's a reach? I'm all for BPA

If that was their two decides I know I would lean Addison. For them to pick the only right thing to do is have Joey drag Rayray's arse off the bus and let the winner decide.

The YOUNGer Joey would win, hands down. Older Joey would win the mouthing off-manship award though………

Salute the nation

More meetings

OL:

Broderick Jones (GA)
Paris Johnson (Oh St)
Henry Bainivalu (Wash)/Informal
TJ Bass (Ore)/Informal
Ryan Hayes (Mich)/Informal
Anton Harrison (Ok)/Informal
Jake Andrews (Troy)/Informal

RB:

Kendre Miller (TCU)/Informal
Chris Rodriguez (Kentucky)/Informal
Roschon Johnson (Tex)/Informal

Now we are talking, OL.

Very late round, 7th for RB. Don’t actually need a RB this draft.

Salute the nation

Even if it's a reach? I'm all for BPA
They can go OT, G, DL, Linebacker, Corner. I don't see any way at 17 you are reaching for anything. 3 of the picks will be Q's by then. So that is top 14 at non Q position. So why would you take a guy who would be three on the chart? And if they are doubling up talent I choose Michael Mayer over Addison all day.

They can go OT, G, DL, Linebacker, Corner. I don't see any way at 17 you are reaching for anything. 3 of the picks will be Q's by then. So that is top 14 at non Q position. So why would you take a guy who would be three on the chart? And if they are doubling up talent I choose Michael Mayer over Addison all day.
what if BPA is WR or Edge then you have a bunch of late 1st / early 2nd at different positions? You still pass on both and reach?

Add to the list today (per Depot, still updating today's list, I'm sure they haven't only met with 3 CBs)

S:

JL Skinner (Boise St)/Informal
Antonio Johnson (Texas A&M)/Informal
Ji'Ayir Brown (Penn St)
Jordan Battle (Ala)
Jammie Robinson (FL St)
Trey Dean (FL)/Informal
Brandon Joseph (Notre Dame)/Informal

CB:

Emmanuel Forbes (Miss St)
Clark Phillips III (Utah)
Jaylon Jones (Texas A&M)
Berm is happy...

Hopefully this is the year we break the cycle of picking receivers in the 1st 3 rounds. just give us 1 year break of it please

what if BPA is WR or Edge then you have a bunch of late 1st / early 2nd at different positions? You still pass on both and reach?
Well unless they sign Edmunds you can throw in SS. So if you can explain to me how by pick 17 with three Qs taken there is no one left at Oline, Dline, Corner, LB, Safety, and LB with a mid 1st round grade let's talk. And all that is left is receiver and edge. Well then I take Michael Mayer.

Coolie's boy put on no weight and ran the minimum 4.5. When you look at those safeties in shorts and shirts they are gonna break that kid in half.

Well unless they sign Edmunds you can throw in SS. So if you can explain to me how by pick 17 with three Qs taken there is no one left at Oline, Dline, Corner, LB, Safety, and LB with a mid 1st round grade let's talk. And all that is left is receiver and edge. Well then I take Michael Mayer.
3 QB
1 DL
3 EDGE
3 OT : Jones, Johnson and Skor
3 CB: Spoonman, Gonzo, Porter JR
1 S: Branch
1 TE: Mayer

Those are 15 picks and it's very, very possible that happens that way and still are 2 more picks ahead of us.

I don't know what ILB you have with a mid 1st round grade? Simpson and Sanders? One looks good but not great (late 1st for me), the other hasn't even played the position and wouldn't pick him so early.

What other DL besides Carter are you seeing there to grab? Breese has a few question marks for a top pick.

Is Torrence a mid 1st in your board? If so then he definitely is an option but I'm not completely sold unless trading back a few spots

3 QB
1 DL
3 EDGE
3 OT : Jones, Johnson and Skor
3 CB: Spoonman, Gonzo, Porter JR
1 S: Branch
1 TE: Mayer

Those are 15 picks and it's very, very possible that happens that way and still are 2 more picks ahead of us.

I don't know what ILB you have with a mid 1st round grade? Simpson and Sanders? One looks good but not great (late 1st for me), the other hasn't even played the position and wouldn't pick him so early.

What other DL besides Carter are you seeing there to grab? Breese has a few question marks for a top pick.

Is Torrence a mid 1st in your board? If so then he definitely is an option but I'm not completely sold unless trading back a few spots
So let's pretend that all happens. And we are talking about Addison correct? This team has absolutely killed it with third round and later receivers. So then I look to drop back for someone who needs 173 lb receiver more than the Steelers. And if I cannot do that yes I take someone from Guard, Tackle, Interior Dline, linebacker, Safety or Corner with a slightly lower arbitrary grade then Addison who I can find next year no problem in the draft. Hell straight up I take Jack Campbell before Addison if my hands are tied. He fills one hell of a bigger need and after it's all put aside you cannot tell me Addisen is a better prospect.

So let's pretend that all happens. And we are talking about Addison correct? This team has absolutely killed it with third round and later receivers. So then I look to drop back for someone who needs 173 lb receiver more than the Steelers. And if I cannot do that yes I take someone from Guard, Tackle, Interior Dline, linebacker, Safety or Corner with a slightly lower arbitrary grade then Addison who I can find next year no problem in the draft. Hell straight up I take Jack Campbell before Addison if my hands are tied. He fills one hell of a bigger need and after it's all put aside you cannot tell me Addisen is a better prospect.
All right, for many Addison is a consensus mid 1st, let's make that clear.
I agree I would go other way if there's no possible trade back. I'd probably go with Edge Van Ness and trade Highsmith or maybe CB Cam Smith or DL Breese