• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Combine Meetings

All right, for many Addison is a consensus mid 1st, let's make that clear.
I agree I would go other way if there's no possible trade back. I'd probably go with Edge Van Ness and trade Highsmith or maybe CB Cam Smith or DL Breese
I make no argument that he is a consensus mid first round pick. But if the BPA available at 17 is a Q. You aren't picking him either. To me the term has always been BPAPN best player avaiable at a position of need. Also, to me 175 pound good receivers are a dime a dozen in the first round. He would be at best 3 on the depth chart. Pass.

3 QB
1 DL
3 EDGE
3 OT : Jones, Johnson and Skor
3 CB: Spoonman, Gonzo, Porter JR
1 S: Branch
1 TE: Mayer

Those are 15 picks and it's very, very possible that happens that way and still are 2 more picks ahead of us.

I don't know what ILB you have with a mid 1st round grade? Simpson and Sanders? One looks good but not great (late 1st for me), the other hasn't even played the position and wouldn't pick him so early.

What other DL besides Carter are you seeing there to grab? Breese has a few question marks for a top pick.

Is Torrence a mid 1st in your board? If so then he definitely is an option but I'm not completely sold unless trading back a few spots
After his showing today, is there a chance someone falls in love with Richardson and reaches high in the first? Also, average his disappointing showing, I'm not sure Mayer is a top-15 pick. He's a classic TE, so late in the first would be a better spot for his value. You can always count on a head scratcher being drafted too early.

After his showing today, is there a chance someone falls in love with Richardson and reaches high in the first? Also, average his disappointing showing, I'm not sure Mayer is a top-15 pick. He's a classic TE, so late in the first would be a better spot for his value. You can always count on a head scratcher being drafted too early.
You know there is always QB starving teams that will pull the trigger on a risk sure. Especially the teams with a history of head scratching moves. Will it happen this year? If I was throwing those 🎲 I think I would get lucky. We'll see.

You know there is always QB starving teams that will pull the trigger on a risk sure. Especially the teams with a history of head scratching moves. Will it happen this year? If I was throwing those 🎲 I think I would get lucky. We'll see.
Talking about the Gators kid? Run was impressive, deep ball was good. He didn't look like he could hit water falling out of a boat on the out cut.

Talking about the Gators kid? Run was impressive, deep ball was good. He didn't look like he could hit water falling out of a boat on the out cut.

All right, for many Addison is a consensus mid 1st, let's make that clear.
I agree I would go other way if there's no possible trade back. I'd probably go with Edge Van Ness and trade Highsmith or maybe CB Cam Smith or DL Breese
I don't get the love

he is only 8 pounds heavier than Dell and at 3 inches taller that seems like a more slender framework.

not sure why he is considered a 1st round WR

I have clearly stated already why I think Dell is a 3rd rounder....and I would rather spend a 3rd on Dell than a 1st or second on Addison

Well true but teams don't seem to care, just look at action Jackson. No way have I ever thought that he would be a pure passer. He isn't and won't be. But didn't stop the rats from grabbing that cheese. All we need now is a new rat in the 7-14 range. (around where I see him going)

C'mon Speedy here is some sweet smelling cheese for you , dinner timeeee.

Well true but teams don't seem to care, just look at action Jackson. No way have I ever thought that he would be a pure passer. He isn't and won't be. But didn't stop the rats from grabbing that cheese. All we need now is a new rat in the 7-14 range. (around where I see him going)

C'mon Speedy here is some sweet smelling cheese for you , dinner timeeee.
I agree. Every fool move ahead of the Steelers brings a player down one notch. Or I think like Jackson there is no bite in the first but someone pays up dearly for 32 knowing they got a sure thing in the first and hoping they strike gold with this guy.

So I looked it up. The Eagles gave up the 32 (Jackson). Got the 52nd, got a 4th. Got a second year after. No thanks. If it's not an extra third and a fourth now and no more than 10 spots. Not interested.

I don't get the love

he is only 8 pounds heavier than Dell and at 3 inches taller that seems like a more slender framework.

not sure why he is considered a 1st round WR

I have clearly stated already why I think Dell is a 3rd rounder....and I would rather spend a 3rd on Dell than a 1st or second on Addison
After the combine I think Johnston and Hyatt are moving a step ahead of Addison. Addison will probably be an early 2nd

After the combine I think Johnston and Hyatt are moving a step ahead of Addison. Addison will probably be an early 2nd
Still high on Hyatt would love him at 32.

Why addison is always going to be drafted higher than his measurables seem to dictate is because he is so damn polished in the route running and all the intangibles he has in getting separation… again he is a better version of DJ…

Now I am on the record of saying that I don’t think we should be drafting him unless we trade DJ first… but we know this team loves drafting wrs… I’m pretty sure that if he falls to 32 we are definitely taking him there… but fortunately he likely won’t be there because teams love the route runners that use pro style techniques these days… i just hope we don’t grab him at 17 if there are better options along either line available…

Why addison is always going to be drafted higher than his measurables seem to dictate is because he is so damn polished in the route running and all the intangibles he has in getting separation… again he is a better version of DJ…

Now I am on the record of saying that I don’t think we should be drafting him unless we trade DJ first… but we know this team loves drafting wrs… I’m pretty sure that if he falls to 32 we are definitely taking him there… but fortunately he likely won’t be there because teams love the route runners that use pro style techniques these days… i just hope we don’t grab him at 17 if there are better options along either line available…
Dell runs beautiful routes and is very good at setting up the defender before making his breaks

plus he is an excellent PR prospect.

no chance at all I spend a 1st or 2nd on a guy just 8 pounds heavier just because he had success with Kenny two years ago. As I posted in another thread 10 of his 17 TDs that season were against West Michigan, New Hampshire and Virginia....not exactly powerhouses

Dell runs beautiful routes and is very good at setting up the defender before making his breaks

plus he is an excellent PR prospect.

no chance at all I spend a 1st or 2nd on a guy just 8 pounds heavier just because he had success with Kenny two years ago. As I posted in another thread 10 of his 17 TDs that season were against West Michigan, New Hampshire and Virginia....not exactly powerhouses

Right but addison is in that 5’11 size that teams think of as average for a wr… Dell is 5’8… ….remember with nfl scouts, they cant tell the difference between an inch and a foot… in their minds Dell is basically a hobbit, production be damned…

There are several guys,Dell included, that I wouldn’t mind us drafting, if we move some of the redundant guys off of our roster first … only muth and Pickens have any real size to them… we can’t go all smurfs and dwarves…

Right but addison is in that 5’11 size that teams think of as average for a wr… Dell is 5’8… ….remember with nfl scouts, they cant tell the difference between an inch and a foot… in their minds Dell is basically a hobbit, production be damned…

There are several guys,Dell included, that I wouldn’t mind us drafting, if we move some of the redundant guys off of our roster first … only muth and Pickens have any real size to them… we can’t go all smurfs and dwarves…
I don't care what size the WRs are as long as they get open and actually catch the ball

Coolie if you want to try to argue against Addison, trying to question his size isn’t the right move… bring up the fact that the two biletnikoff winners we have drafted ended up being utter losers then steer the conversation away from the fact that the last two guys from Pitt to win it ended up as pretty good pros…

Coolie if you want to try to argue against Addison, trying to question his size isn’t the right move… bring up the fact that the two biletnikoff winners we have drafted ended up being utter losers then steer the conversation away from the fact that the last two guys from Pitt to win it ended up as pretty good pros…
can't do that

nothing in his game sets him apart from Dell. Dell had 1300 yards the last two seasons and improved his TDs from 2021 to 2022. He has not been injured and is better as a PR than addison.

Addison's 3 inches and 8 pounds don't mean a hell of a lot IMO

The only real difference in their testing at the combine was Dell's10 yard split was a bit better

If he had not played with Kenny before I don't think he would be getting pimped as much here

Gonna be tough to camouflage their love for Joey Porter Jr. or Jordan Addison.

I just don't see Witherspoon or Gonzalez being there and round 2 will probably be the target for an offensive lineman. That really doesn't leave too many playmakers available at premium positions at 1.17. I picked Addison in my last mock, though I did think Tomlin could go Banks that high.
If smart, they wouldn't even be considering Addison or any WR in the top 2 rounds. WR is our No. 6 need, at best, behind OL, DL, CB, OLB, and ILB.

can't do that

nothing in his game sets him apart from Dell. Dell had 1300 yards the last two seasons and improved his TDs from 2021 to 2022. He has not been injured and is better as a PR than addison.

Addison's 3 inches and 8 pounds don't mean a hell of a lot IMO

The only real difference in their testing at the combine was Dell's10 yard split was a bit better

If he had not played with Kenny before I don't think he would be getting pimped as much here
Pickett connection is definitely a factor