• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Complete Big Trade With Panthers Sending CB Diontae Johnson For CB Donte Jackson

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I would liked to have moved him last year, but this years draft is deep too... and honestly, if we go into the season with two mercurial wrs both playing for new contracts... it was gonna get ugly lol
I would think this will give Pat a few more looks this year. Move on from last season anyways.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
I know that was mean! That play or non play in Cincy when he watched the fumble by Warren just took me out of his corner. That’s not Steeler football and he should have been ******* benched right there, not hugged by shades.

Poobah

Reaction score
What is his contract situation. Looks like he is in last year of deal. As was Johnson.
Per Overthecap.com, he will hit us for 10.6M. This is the last year of his current deal. Basically a one year rental and we swap our 7th round pick for CAR's 6th. If he works out, we can extend him perhaps. Guy has 14 picks for CAR but zero last year. Going to have to do some more reading on him.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
I know that was mean! That play or non play in Cincy when he watched the fumble by Warren just took me out of his corner. That’s not Steeler football and he should have been ******* benched right there, not hugged by shades.
Maybe this is Tomlins new way of discipline.
If so I like it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They consistently take first round talent in the 2nd to 4th round. Character is the cost. Take McConkey in the first unless you can get better with similar character.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortuneately the Steelers you are referring to are long gone at this point.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
Unfortuneately the Steelers you are referring to are long gone at this point.
I know and it makes me very sad like most here. Been a lifer and that’s a loooong time for me and these days just make me pine for the old days.
I suppose I need to get with the program.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
They consistently take first round talent in the 2nd to 4th round. Character is the cost. Take McConkey in the first unless you can get better with similar character.
If McConkey, or any other 1st round WR, is there and one of the top CBs, C or OT is also there, I'd break my TV if they picked the WR.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
Have a feeling we sign Tyler Boyd. Hope we do that and sign a gem with our 2nd pick after we get a RT.

Any good centers in FA that we are targeting?
I would love to sign Tyler as our slot guy. Been pushing for that!

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Of course Boyd might want to come home and play for Tomlin as so many players preach about....

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Have a feeling we sign Tyler Boyd. Hope we do that and sign a gem with our 2nd pick after we get a RT.

Any good centers in FA that we are targeting?
Most of the top, and a couple of the middle tier, Centers have been signed. The exception at the top is the Dolphins Center from last year who is still recuperating from a knee injury (ACL?).

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Per Overthecap.com, he will hit us for 10.6M. This is the last year of his current deal. Basically a one year rental and we swap our 7th round pick for CAR's 6th. If he works out, we can extend him perhaps. Guy has 14 picks for CAR but zero last year. Going to have to do some more reading on him.
I dont know if those numbers are right...

Edit nevermind... he has two roster bonuses this year... i thought we would clear a million but we lose 500k because tge second is 1.6 million... still its basically an even exchange either way

Chicoman

Reaction score
Dionte Johnson is being traded to the Carolina Panthers in excahnge for Dionte Jackson (CB). Teams will also exchange picks...Steelers get Panthers 6th Round pick while Caolina gets the Steelers 7th Round pick.

So now we have 1 WR on the roster in George Pickens....I guess we will look to draft WR.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
This is "NEW" news. Tell more. Please!!!! :)

Chicoman

Reaction score
This is "NEW" news. Tell more. Please!!!! :)
I just saw it come across my news feed......So I'm not sure of the Free Agent WR's out there or any via the NFL Draft but I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers try and pickup Tyler Boyd in Free Agency....I know he's out there. Tee Higgins might be a bit too expensive to go after. I really don't want to see Allen Robinson back but we need WR's.