• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

Yeah but they said last night multiple places that he's trending toward signing with the 9ers. With all their injuries, they will keep him. Wish this never started.

Hey, you dont get to write that Poni from the Fan was right very often... his source was right... the Steelers and 9rs agreed to a trade if Aiyuk didnt resign a while back... the 9rs are just trying hard to resign him cheap

Hey, you dont get to write that Poni from the Fan was right very often... his source was right... the Steelers and 9rs agreed to a trade if Aiyuk didnt resign a while back... the 9rs are just trying hard to resign him cheap

They can do a shorter term deal and pay him what he wants, get past the cap and do a longer deal after that. I don't know why he'd take that, but he very well might as a Superbowl chance would sweaten the pot for him I'd imagine. This is still a longshot for us.

This thing with Aiyuk reminds me of why teams don’t attempt to sign restricted free agents - likely all you’re doing is negotiating a contract for their current team.

The "significant player" Groundhog Day continues...how many weeks now?
another day when it will be by end of day??? Maybe the 9ers just cough up the extra 2M per...errr maybe they are actually finally getting close???
No worries the groundhog coach knows how to work through this groundhog's day, he's been practicing it for years

News reports say he is nearing a deal with SF.
He ain’t coming here. He’s a California boy and wants to stay there.
He’s using Pittsburgh.
That is my hunch.

The SF reporter fails to mention they are way off on guaranteed money and he wants 5 years, they want 4

The hang up wasn't ever AAV ... they were like 2 million apart, it was he wanted a lot longer contract with lots more money guaranteed... SF wanted more wiggle room if they had to get out from it

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is the 49ers will extend his contract, IMO. It makes the most sense for both sides.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is the 49ers will extend his contract, IMO. It makes the most sense for both sides.

I think it ultimately comes down to how greedy he wants to be, and how much the Steelers are willing to pay.

If the money is close, it would definitely be sensible for him to stay where he is, with a much better long-term QB situation and shot at a ring.

I had a triple post. Happened when I posted from my Ipad instead of my desktop.
that's why they charge you triple for the same product, triple production lol

I think it ultimately comes down to how greedy he wants to be, and how much the Steelers are willing to pay.

If the money is close, it would definitely be sensible for him to stay where he is, with a much better long-term QB situation and shot at a ring.
To an extent, I don't think he's being that greedy because there's no way the Steelers had the highest contract offer from the teams rumored to be involved. It still must've been far enough away in pay per season or contract structure and it seems like the 49ers are starting to bend. This isn't a full-blown Le'Veon Bell situation, but Bell would've ended up making more and probably having a longer career if he stayed in Pittsburgh. Aiyuk would be successful in Pittsburgh, however, the next at least 2 years he'd be on a legit title contender in San Francisco. As you said, it's way more sensible for him to stay if it's close.

I really don't think he had much intent on coming here, Aiyuk needed leverage and he got it by using us. he didn't sign with the Browns when they afford everything the 9rs wanted plus the salary he wanted. I am under the opinion that he always wanted to stay in San Fran. his lawyer wasn't stupid I am sure they told him to stick to the steelers because they would never give the 49rs what they wanted.

I really don't think he had much intent on coming here, Aiyuk needed leverage and he got it by using us. he didn't sign with the Browns when they afford everything the 9rs wanted plus the salary he wanted. I am under the opinion that he always wanted to stay in San Fran. his lawyer wasn't stupid I am sure they told him to stick to the steelers because they would never give the 49rs what they wanted.

Yep, he is a dirtbag that used us.

Let the guy sign wit SF and give California half of his money.