• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

That was likely part of the original bit of the sarcasm - I guess the ones who don't get it never drove long distances with antsy kids in the back seat.
I am guessing you don't have kids.

Its going on day 150 of #Aiyukwatch... the natives are getting restless...
The anticlimatic eerie silence from the Bay area is driving them mad with anticipation... the hype for a maybe top ten WR has riled the great yinzer unwashed into a renegade frenzy... if this all breaks with him not in Pittsburgh, I fear for us all... well at least we who listen to sports radio... lol... the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic

Yes, although it does make you look "***-ish" it really doesn't bother me. It's all up to you how you want to look, big guy. Shamadman, long bong.
Yeah but

Are we there yet?

Yes, although it does make you look "***-ish" it really doesn't bother me. It's all up to you how you want to look, big guy. Shamadman, long bong.

Do you have any un-broken mirrors. Maybe on that mountain of yours, you should take a peak at what you will see……..

Salute the nation

If I am Khan, I contact the 49rs and Ayiuk and set a deadline that I am pulling my offer to both. this **** has gone on long enough. either force san fran to give him what he wants right now or force Ayiuk to make a damn decision. I would be sick of being played in this whole thing by both of them.

If I am Khan, I contact the 49rs and Ayiuk and set a deadline that I am pulling my offer to both. this **** has gone on long enough. either force san fran to give him what he wants right now or force Ayiuk to make a damn decision. I would be sick of being played in this whole thing by both of them.
I somehow think the fans are far more worried about this than Omar Khan.

I am 100% sure you're right but being the leverage for both sides is getting old. San Fran is using us as a safety net and Aiyuk is using us as a bargaining tool.

it's total bull crap and every time I look at my news feed get on Facebook or turn on my computer it's the first thing that pops up. I say screw it pull the plug and to hell with both of them. I was never a big fan of bringing him here anyway and now I am even more so in that camp.

Mark Madden wrote an article saying this exact thing.

At some point you just have to say....**** it. We ride with who we have. Remember. Tomlin wants volunteers......BA doesn't seem like a volunteer at the moment. Just an opportunist.

Last edited:
As has been pointed out before, there really isn't any urgency for either team to do anything... the most likely outcome is that nothing at all happens.
Aiyuk can do the soft holdout as long as the 9ers let him, but he really is at their mercy. The CBA is brutal on holdouts under contract... especially for first contracts... they could force him to play under the 5th year option and his only other option is to retire...

The 9ers want him playing for them. They are SB contenders and have little use for picks unless they can flip them for other players. They are trying to keep him pacified until he decides to play for them.

The Steelers aren't by any report, desperate for WR help. They believe they will be ok if everything holds the way it is, but they are open to a long term upgrade if its not outlandish in cost. Since they didn't blow the 9ers away with an offer, there isn't going to be any quick resolution... if Aiyuk decides not to sign an extension, this could linger until the deadline.

They only three ways this goes through..
Aiyuk burns bridges in SF,
A third team is willing to flip the compensation the Steelers are giving up into players the 9ers need now.
An injury to a steelers wr creates a bigger need and they up their offer...

As has been pointed out before, there really isn't any urgency for either team to do anything... the most likely outcome is that nothing at all happens.
Aiyuk can do the soft holdout as long as the 9ers let him, but he really is at their mercy. The CBA is brutal on holdouts under contract... especially for first contracts... they could force him to play under the 5th year option and his only other option is to retire...

The 9ers want him playing for them. They are SB contenders and have little use for picks unless they can flip them for other players. They are trying to keep him pacified until he decides to play for them.

The Steelers aren't by any report, desperate for WR help. They believe they will be ok if everything holds the way it is, but they are open to a long term upgrade if its not outlandish in cost. Since they didn't blow the 9ers away with an offer, there isn't going to be any quick resolution... if Aiyuk decides not to sign an extension, this could linger until the deadline.

They only three ways this goes through..
Aiyuk burns bridges in SF,
A third team is willing to flip the compensation the Steelers are giving up into players the 9ers need now.
An injury to a steelers wr creates a bigger need and they up their offer...
I would like them to increase their offer just enough to put some additional pressure on the Niners. Just my personal want.

I would like them to increase their offer just enough to put some additional pressure on the Niners. Just my personal want.
I’d tell 9’ers the offer is gonna decrease as time passes, as the longer he goes unsigned, the less leverage THEY have, being there’s already been an apparent trade agreed upon and a Steelers/Aiyuk contract worked out? Each hour that goes by, the Steelers should be showing less interest, as the 9’ers would be forced to meet Aiyuk’s contract demands, they clearly don’t want to buck up for!

I doubt that any other NFL team is appreciative of the publicity surrounding Aiyuk/9ers and Steelers. Does not help anyone deal with contract demands in non contract years.....

I doubt that any other NFL team is appreciative of the publicity surrounding Aiyuk/9ers and Steelers. Does not help anyone deal with contract demands in non contract years.....
There were some very questionable sources for the reports when they originally coming out in recent weeks. Once the actual team leaks started to happen, it was coming from the 49ers so they are team generated leaks. There is an interesting one in Dallas with CeeDee Lamb.

I’d tell 9’ers the offer is gonna decrease as time passes, as the longer he goes unsigned, the less leverage THEY have, being there’s already been an apparent trade agreed upon and a Steelers/Aiyuk contract worked out? Each hour that goes by, the Steelers should be showing less interest, as the 9’ers would be forced to meet Aiyuk’s contract demands, they clearly don’t want to buck up for!

But see they dont really have to meet his demands at all... he literally cannot sit out into the season without massive financial penalties and worse, losing his UFA status next season.... so if he doesn't sign a long term contract, he has to play for 14 million for the 49ers... and he cant dog it without hurting his potential UFA contract...
moreover, after the season, the 9ers can tag and trade him... so its not like they really have to do something now...

Boggles the mind.
In my entire life Im just a smidge under 2,000,000 in earnings... 14 in one year for playing a game is insane money... every NFL'r should come do my work for a week.. they would never gripe about million dollar pkus deals again... a guy who plays like 3 or 4 seasons at minimum will outearn 99% of the populations career earnings

In my entire life Im just a smidge under 2,000,000 in earnings... 14 in one year for playing a game is insane money... every NFL'r should come do my work for a week.. they would never gripe about million dollar pkus deals again... a guy who plays like 3 or 4 seasons at minimum will outearn 99% of the populations career earnings
Yes they will.

we the fans make it all possible

if fans stop coming, stop spending on the product and stop consuming the product woila...the contract prices come down with the lost revenue

but fans are willing to pay whatever the fare costs for an ever-diminishing quality of product, so salaries just continue to skyrocket along with the revenue being generated

all hail Lord Goodell