• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Initial 53 Roster predictions

Let me put Connor Heyward in proper perspective

- he is entering his 3rd year
- he mostly plays ST
- as a rookie, he barely played on offense: he had 8 games with 7 or fewer snaps, another 6 under 14... the remaining games were 17, 25, and 30... he never played in more than 50% of the teams offensive snaps.. he caught 12 passes

Last year he caught 23 passes... his snap counts improved, but not greatly... the majority of the year he played fewer than 30% of the snaps.. the only 5 games in 2023 (and in his career) where he topped 50% of snaps on O, he caught 15 of those 23 passes

He almost exclusively is used as a blocker... either at Fullback, Hback or on the line at TE... so most of the snaps he is in, he isnt in a route

Now Id bet a lot of you are saying .. 12 and 23 catches... that aint ****...

As a 3 te or a Fb/hback.. that's really good..

Again, perspective... there are 32 teams in the league

Among TEs in 2022, 12 catches put Heyward at 61st in the league.... if youd rather think of him as a FB, among all RBs( most HBs) he would have been 70th

Virtually everyone ahead of him creamed him in snap counts at either position

Last season he caught 23 passes.. good for 42nd in the league among Tes ... thats TE2 production with TE3 snap counts... he was 53rd in yardage

Among Rbs, he would have finished 45th

So this guy is producing solid backup numbers in role player level snaps.. if we cut him tomorrow, he would definitely get claimed...
Didn’t look to see who posted this until after I read it. So giving you props (like DIC does to everyone)for this post and others. One of the top posters here.

I love when people in-depth a subject.👏

I don't understand only keeping 3 OLBs while keeping 5 ILBs. It's someone gets hurt we won't even have an extra OLB to spell someone. Plus there are more times we have 2 OLBs on the field vs 2 ILBs

Let me put Connor Heyward in proper perspective

- he is entering his 3rd year
- he mostly plays ST
- as a rookie, he barely played on offense: he had 8 games with 7 or fewer snaps, another 6 under 14... the remaining games were 17, 25, and 30... he never played in more than 50% of the teams offensive snaps.. he caught 12 passes

Last year he caught 23 passes... his snap counts improved, but not greatly... the majority of the year he played fewer than 30% of the snaps.. the only 5 games in 2023 (and in his career) where he topped 50% of snaps on O, he caught 15 of those 23 passes

He almost exclusively is used as a blocker... either at Fullback, Hback or on the line at TE... so most of the snaps he is in, he isnt in a route

Now Id bet a lot of you are saying .. 12 and 23 catches... that aint ****...

As a 3 te or a Fb/hback.. that's really good..

Again, perspective... there are 32 teams in the league

Among TEs in 2022, 12 catches put Heyward at 61st in the league.... if youd rather think of him as a FB, among all RBs( most HBs) he would have been 70th

Virtually everyone ahead of him creamed him in snap counts at either position

Last season he caught 23 passes.. good for 42nd in the league among Tes ... thats TE2 production with TE3 snap counts... he was 53rd in yardage

Among Rbs, he would have finished 45th

So this guy is producing solid backup numbers in role player level snaps.. if we cut him tomorrow, he would definitely get claimed...
But size, Legit!

I don't understand only keeping 3 OLBs while keeping 5 ILBs. It's someone gets hurt we won't even have an extra OLB to spell someone. Plus there are more times we have 2 OLBs on the field vs 2 ILBs

Its because in a lot of sets, the olb is basically a DE, and Leal can easily fill that role.

In tomlins era we have carried lots of ILBs... six one year... but at olb its usually 3 plus one special teamer... we are carrying two ilb special teamers in TM and Robinson...

He's an HBack.. he is the size of many H backs.. you are wayyyy too hung up on that.. and I just went to a bunch of draft scouting report sites... he measured slightly over 5'11 at the combine. Some round down to 5'11, some up to 6'.. none list him at 5'10"... and all of them called him a Te/ fullback.. and 5'11 fullbacks arent uncommon at all..
It's just like the rest of Steeler lies we are made to consume; they know damn WELL HE ISN'T 6-2 or whatever they list him. They also list him as a TE from time to time, depending on the day. Tomlin is built on a throne of lies. When have you seen Connor line up at FB? I can't recall a single time. I'm not kidding. Yet, they still list him at FB, or TE. NO OTHER NFL TE is under 6-0. He is. I don't know if any NFL TEs are even under 6-2. Or 6-3. Only our super meatball brother is. Thanks Mediocre Mike. Another brother makes the team, along with Watt (worst FB in the NFL), Edmunds (did he actually ever touch the ball?), Johnson, Herbig and soon to come another inferior brother who doesn't deserve to make the NFL. If it wasn't for Mediocre Mike and his ways of nepotism (I thought nepotism had been mostly wiped out during the 1970's), Connor would be selling insurance.

It's just like the rest of Steeler lies we are made to consume; they know damn WELL HE ISN'T 6-2 or whatever they list him. They also list him as a TE from time to time, depending on the day. Tomlin is built on a throne of lies. When have you seen Connor line up at FB? I can't recall a single time. I'm not kidding. Yet, they still list him at FB, or TE. NO OTHER NFL TE is under 6-0. He is. I don't know if any NFL TEs are even under 6-2. Or 6-3. Only our super meatball brother is. Thanks Mediocre Mike. Another brother makes the team, along with Watt (worst FB in the NFL), Edmunds (did he actually ever touch the ball?), Johnson, Herbig and soon to come another inferior brother who doesn't deserve to make the NFL. If it wasn't for Mediocre Mike and his ways of nepotism (I thought nepotism had been mostly wiped out during the 1970's), Connor would be selling insurance.

Yeah Ok Holden Caufield.

I dont give a damn who is family is nor if he is 5'1 and they list him as 7'8".... if he is used as a TE, hback and fullback, and he produces at an acceptable amount for his snap count, why in the **** does anything else matter? He has value both in the O and on ST... at this point he has already returned value for his draft position, so you will have to find another actually bad pick to harp on... lol

I dont give a damn who is family is nor if he is 5'1 and they list him as 7'8".... if he is used as a TE, hback and fullback, and he produces at an acceptable amount for his snap count, why in the **** does anything else matter? He has value both in the O and on ST... at this point he has already returned value for his draft position, so you will have to find another actually bad pick to harp on... lol
The only reason he even was drafted and made this team is Cam, flat out, fact. He would not be in the NFL sans his brother and Tomlin. Period, no question.

The only reason he even was drafted and made this team is Cam, flat out, fact. He would not be in the NFL sans his brother and Tomlin. Period, no question.

Without Tomlin he wouldnt be in the Cockadoodie league!!!

I’m sure he will stick to his usual, cut and dry…………. Manic mike symposium.

Salute the nation

Yeah Ok Holden Caufield.
If you look at Cooch2’s posting style. The use of excessive periods, commas, RANDOM capitalization it fits Cooch1s posting style exactly. That with the fact Cooch2 started posting right after Cooch1 stopped should tell you all you need to know.

And he threw in his love for players sizes, speed to boot.

Lloyd 100% positive despite his lying about it is in fact cooch. Just in case anyone had any doubts.

If you look at Cooch2’s posting style. The use of excessive periods, commas, RANDOM capitalization it fits Cooch1s posting style exactly. That with the fact Cooch2 started posting right after Cooch1 stopped should tell you all you need to know.

And he threw in his love for players sizes, speed to boot.

Lloyd 100% positive despite his lying about it is in fact cooch. Just in case anyone had any doubts.
I just wish that his therapy from a bit ago had held better.....he was doing a bit better when he started as Greg Lloyd, but then has regressed....the narcissism is hard to mask.

I just wish that his therapy from a bit ago had held better.....he was doing a bit better when he started as Greg Lloyd, but then has regressed....the narcissism is hard to mask.
Yeah he definitely is a creature of habit. I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.😁

Yeah he definitely is a creature of habit. I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.😁

I never wish bad on anyone, ever.

He is like that guy at the party who talks and talks without ever taking a breath.

I do want him to get help if he needs it and this whole Schlick isn’t just an act.

I’ve jump started his Luxury sedan many times trying to help him, but he just keeps running the battery down.

Salute the nation

I never wish bad on anyone, ever.

He is like that guy at the party who talks and talks without ever taking a breath.

I do want him to get help if he needs it and this whole Schlick isn’t just an act.

I’ve jump started his Luxury sedan many times trying to help him, but he just keeps running the battery down.

Salute the nation
Of course never wish bad on anyone definitely.👊

He did that with no QB's and a terrible OC while playing spot duty. Your analysis skills are terrible Coach2.0
Yep
Must compare the usage vs production for a more accurate evaluation

His production per snap is actually pretty impressive even before considering the Tomlin/Canada factor that weighs him down…actually that Tomlin/Canada factor and 90% of plays must be within 5 yards of the LOS may play into the production for an H back…not sure