• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers interviewing Hue Jackson for OC

So you can't discuss coaching differences as it comes to developing a run game during the offseason and training camp on a message board? Got it.

You know nothing of what the Steelers practice during the season....pass or run. You are speculating. Then you bring up a coach from 15 years ago. Really? Cowher quit. Let him go. The sooner the better. Don't live in the past. Move on.

think about it for a second. Hue comes in, We get a great running game going, Ben comes back.... some how we win number 7. Hue gets a head coaching job somewhere.... we get 2 3rd round picks. it could happen

Last edited:
Did you happen to see that two of those teams beat us this season and yes, one of those two beat us twice.

If Jackson were to come in here and get results, which I'm sure he is fully capable, that stench would be a NON-factor.

Jackson hasn't coached since 2018, not sure what that has to do with any teams that beat us this year.

You know nothing of what the Steelers practice during the season....pass or run. You are speculating. Then you bring up a coach from 15 years ago. Really? Cowher quit. Let him go. The sooner the better. Don't live in the past. Move on.

I know that they rarely threw the ball deep and our offensive coordinator said they weren't allocating much time to the deep ball in practice. Heck, later in the season they were barely even practicing so they weren't dedicating practice to the ground game--particularly the principles from Matt Canada's scheme. Fichtner said so himself.

Then there is this from Jerome Bettis, which you would apparently completely dismiss because he played 15 years ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/12/can-the-steelers-rediscover-their-running-game/

“The only solution in fixing the running game is the commitment,” Steeler Hall of Famers Jerome Bettis recently told Ed Bouchette of TheAthletic.com. “You got to be committed to it because once you commit to it then the offensive linemen, they have a different attitude about it, the running backs look at it differently, just the whole offense changes. You can’t just fix the running game with Xs and Os. It doesn’t happen that way.

“The running game is a mentality, so if you’re going to be a physical running team, you have to commit to it, and that’s the problem the Steelers have, they didn’t commit to it coming out of training camp. And when you don’t commit to it then, you struggle when you have teams that have very dominant defensive lines because you can’t move people out of the way.”

That's exactly what I was saying about training camp. It had absolutely nothing to do with Bill Cowher and everything to do with the tone set in training camp. You set the mentality of being a running team at the start of the season. You can't just flip a switch. You really think I want a guy back who's been out of the league for 15 years lol. Come on.

Jackson hasn't coached since 2018, not sure what that has to do with any teams that beat us this year.

That arguement AIDS in my synopsis. As you say he hasn't coached since 218 should also tell us that stench is no longer there. Can't have it both ways but hey, bottom line is if he can help us get better then wouldn't you want that to happen.I hear your concern but still looking on bettering the team. Maybe they find a whole different candidate as they are not through interviewing.ALL GOOD. PeAce

I know that they rarely threw the ball deep and our offensive coordinator said they weren't allocating much time to the deep ball in practice. Heck, later in the season they were barely even practicing so they weren't dedicating practice to the ground game--particularly the principles from Matt Canada's scheme. Fichtner said so himself.

Then there is this from Jerome Bettis, which you would apparently completely dismiss because he played 15 years ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/12/can-the-steelers-rediscover-their-running-game/

That's exactly what I was saying about training camp. It had absolutely nothing to do with Bill Cowher and everything to do with the tone set in training camp. You set the mentality of being a running team at the start of the season. You can't just flip a switch. You really think I want a guy back who's been out of the league for 15 years lol. Come on.

Salute the nation