• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Twelve years ago today ...

Deebo's play before half was certainly a game changer. but plays before half change the course of a game. Last minute TD's WIN them. If the Cardinals score there it changes the entire complexion of the second half. You can't just add 7 to their score and minus seven from the Steelers. The Steelers might well have lost, but they also might have become more aggressive and it wouldn't have come down tot he final play. Remember, they had competent assistant coaches then without Tomlin overstepping his knowledge.

LOL, were you drinking? You're right, that OL was awful basically from Tomlin's first season until 11 or 12?

I put it out of my head so much that I just wanted to revisit it. Kemo just dominated on Ben's pick 6 to Wallace. I don't know what Collins does on the play if Ben isn't hit, but Wallace had his guy beat. Then the embarrassment of Legursky with a poor block and Johnson not even going after Matthews. SMH.

I put it out of my head so much that I just wanted to revisit it. Kemo just dominated on Ben's pick 6 to Wallace. I don't know what Collins does on the play if Ben isn't hit, but Wallace had his guy beat. Then the embarrassment of Legursky with a poor block and Johnson not even going after Matthews. SMH.

ugh...almost can't even believe that we had a J.A.G. like legursky playing in the Superbowl for us.

You just put a side note on that pass catch, saying there was still time on the clock, but the Deebo INT was at halftime, no matter what happens, even if Arizona scores a TD, there's still a half of football to be played.

The pass/catch was the most clutch, great play because it basically won the game and it was put over/around 3 people.

Trailing with 35 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the super bowl, making that play, I'll put that over the Deebo INT. You never hear anyone talk about there being time left when Montana hit Taylor on a simple slant route, or that there was time left and the game was only tied when Elway and Denver went on "the drive"

1) The Drive wasn't even in a SuperBowl. It was the AFC Championship game between Clowns & Donkeys.
2) There was no time on the clock in the first half when Deebo scores. Remember, the Cardinals won the coin toss and deferred, receiving the 2nd half kickoff. So if there's no pick six, the score goes into halftime either tied 10-10 or Cards leading 14-10. Not to mention BIG MO, momentum, swung completely to the Cardinals after the Steelers dominated them in the 1st quarter. Their drive started with a pick of Ben and set up the Cards at the Steelers' 34 yard line with under 2 minutes to go in the half.
3) NOT arguing it's NOT a clutch catch. It absolutely was. It was an insane clutch throw and insane clutch catch. ZERO disputing those FACTS. Was it the "greatest throw in Super Bowl history" which was how this thread was started with? That's debatable. My contention was somebody remembering the anniversary of that particular SuperBowl, and tagging it with the moniker they did, just makes me **** my head to the side a bit and say, "What about the actual greatest play in SuperBowl history"? That's all.

1) The Drive wasn't even in a SuperBowl. It was the AFC Championship game between Clowns & Donkeys.
2) There was no time on the clock in the first half when Deebo scores. Remember, the Cardinals won the coin toss and deferred, receiving the 2nd half kickoff. So if there's no pick six, the score goes into halftime either tied 10-10 or Cards leading 14-10. Not to mention BIG MO, momentum, swung completely to the Cardinals after the Steelers dominated them in the 1st quarter. Their drive started with a pick of Ben and set up the Cards at the Steelers' 34 yard line with under 2 minutes to go in the half.
3) NOT arguing it's NOT a clutch catch. It absolutely was. It was an insane clutch throw and insane clutch catch. ZERO disputing those FACTS. Was it the "greatest throw in Super Bowl history" which was how this thread was started with? That's debatable. My contention was somebody remembering the anniversary of that particular SuperBowl, and tagging it with the moniker they did, just makes me **** my head to the side a bit and say, "What about the actual greatest play in SuperBowl history"? That's all.

That's my point about "The Drive" in wasn't even the Super Bowl and I've heard more about that, than i have the final drive in Super Bowl 43, hell it even has it's own name.

I guess it's just your definition of greatest.

The only bad thing was replay kinda killed Holmes TD. After the joy of the TD the stadium had to wait a few minutes til they reviewed it which stalled the pure joy.

Completely agree. And remember that Harrison's interception return had a 5-minute replay joy-dampening as well.

I was never a replay fan, but those two great plays being interrupted by commercials and shots of a guy with his face under a hood cemented my hatred of replay.

That J.A.G is a super bowl champion

lol, dude was on the practice squad in 2008, if i remember correctly. he was never called up once during that season.

This catch was great, NOT disputing that in the least.
But Deebo's pick six before the 1/2 is THE UNDISPUTED GREATEST PLAY IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY.
It should be the anniversary of that pick six.
IF, IF there was no time on the clock, and the game was over when SanQuentin Holmes made that catch, MAYBE it's in contention.
But there was still time for AZ to make plays, and our D had to come in and cement it.
The pick six was a 10 - 14 point swing ( depending if AZ scores TD or settles for FG if not picked ) and ALL the momentum in the world.

"SanQuentin" Holmes?

Really, guy?

San Quentin is California's oldest prison, where they send convicts like child killers and serial rapists. Santonio Holmes had a couple minor domestic violence incidents and marijuana charges in his early and mid-twenties, several of which were dropped.

Get a grip.

lol, dude was on the practice squad in 2008, if i remember correctly. he was never called up once during that season.

Just think though, he was there durring the "grind" week, supporting the main clan.! It was his pride of comrodary along the way.......... I thin k he still got a ring though.

Salute the nation

"SanQuentin" Holmes?

Really, guy?

San Quentin is California's oldest prison, where they send convicts like child killers and serial rapists. Santonio Holmes had a couple minor domestic violence incidents and marijuana charges in his early and mid-twenties, several of which were dropped.

Get a grip.

Don't have a sense of humor?
Not into jokes?
He's too pure of a human to cast any aspersions about?
He's untouchable because he helped get a Lombardi for the Steelers?
Are you an easily offended relative of his?

This grip you speak of.................

Don't have a sense of humor?
Not into jokes?
He's too pure of a human to cast any aspersions about?
He's untouchable because he helped get a Lombardi for the Steelers?
Are you an easily offended relative of his?

This grip you speak of.................

"SanQuentin" Holmes. Instead of Santonio. Good one. Hilarious, bro.

1) I have a good sense of humor...for **** that's actually funny.
2) I'm into jokes...amusing ones.
3) No, Santonio is not too pure of a human, but he's nowhere close to high security prison material, either.
4) He's not untouchable, but his name shouldn't be smeared by some dipshit on a message board for no good reason.
5) No, I'm not a relative, but I have met him several times. And he was nothing but friendly and gracious to me, my father, and both of my sons.

Have you ever met the guy?

"SanQuentin" Holmes. Instead of Santonio. Good one. Hilarious, bro.

1) I have a good sense of humor...for **** that's actually funny.
2) I'm into jokes...amusing ones.
3) No, Santonio is not too pure of a human, but he's nowhere close to high security prison material, either.
4) He's not untouchable, but his name shouldn't be smeared by some dipshit on a message board for no good reason.
5) No, I'm not a relative, but I have met him several times. And he was nothing but friendly and gracious to me, my father, and both of my sons.

Have you ever met the guy?

No, I've never had the chance to meet him.
Glad you were able to and that it was a positive encounter for you and your family.

My humor isn't for everyone.
It was meant to be a passing pun playing on his unique first name and his publicized dust ups with the law.
I've used this moniker on this board since he played for us and had his first publicized "offense", and all subsequent ones.
Offenses the Rooney's thought enough of to jettison him to the Jets one year after being SB MVP for a 5th round pick, and offenses the No Fun League thought enough of to suspend him for 4 games.

I smeared his name?
Congratulations. You're officially funnier than me.

Last edited:
I'm not a master chef but do like trying different things.

I made a from scratch hand tossed (near disaster but great save) Pizza crust / pizza. It was hilarious about the tossing but point being I added garlic juice to the dough. It tuned out amazingly GREAT.

Point being some things are funny as hell to some yet not as funny to others. But in the context of humor all things can be funny.

BACON breakfast of comedians / plumbers / encryptionists / exibitionists / accountants / farmers / painters / morticians / chiropractors / etc...etc....etc.......

Look for the Beacon to find the BACON.

Salute the nation

I've been eating healthy so I can attempt to keep up with the College players in my indoor soccer league. I used ground chicken, chili seasoning, mushrooms and made stuffed peppers and brown rice, so good.

No, I've never had the chance to meet him.
Glad you were able to and that it was a positive encounter for you and your family.

Nice of you to say.

fedderone said:
My humor isn't for everyone.
It was meant to be a passing pun playing on his unique first name and his publicized dust ups with the law.
I've used this moniker on this board since he played for us and had his first publicized "offense", and all subsequent ones.
Offenses the Rooney's thought enough of to jettison him to the Jets one year after being SB MVP for a 5th round pick, and offenses the No Fun League thought enough of to suspend him for 4 games.

I smeared his name?
Congratulations. You're officially funnier than me.

Yeah, offenses that came up just a bit short of having Santonio jettisoned off to San Quentin. Or any prison, for that matter. Did you come up with "Rapelisberger," too?

Don't quit your day job.

Did you come up with "Rapelisberger," too?

Nope, didn't coin that one.
I always tagged him as Big Biker, cause, you know, the lil' ol' lady who clipped him back in the day?

But I suppose you see those as also smearing Ben's name?
Like either Ben or Santonio (better?) give three drops of camel cum what any person on the internet refer to them as.

Big Biker?

Nah, that's not smearing Ben's name. It's just stupid.