• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Kenny Pickett Detailed That He Will Be "Good To Go" For Sunday

We should have a drinking game Sunday. For every bad play Canada calls we take a shot.
I'd be goofy by the second drive. 6 drinks after two runs up the stacked middle, two misses on short outs, one 3rd down draw to Warren and one 2yd gain on a surprise jet sweep on 3rd and long.

If KP plays, Canaduh better have something planned to get the ball out quickly. The Rats bring the pressure like the 9ers and Clowns did. If he has a brace on, he won't be very mobile.

Man I would take this opportunity to sit this one game out for Kenny.
First off rest the knee and get it fully healed.
Second, let Kenny watch this week, I think it would do him good.
Third and maybe most importantly, see how Mitch functions in Canada’s HS offense. If he struggles to put up points like Kenny then 100% Art, you have your answer now make the move with the bye week coming up.
Also, just a side note. Read something where Texans Steven Nelson made the comment that on his int to Cal Austin, he knew that play was coming based on the formation. From watching tape he said the play was predictable and knew to help out the other defensive back. Just sayin’

We've already seen Mitch struggle to put up points. Hell, I flew from Frisco, TX to the burgh last year and got to see him throw the Baltimore game away with 3 interceptions. Mitch is doing nothing for us. Kenny is playing like **** now, but we need to ride him out. Just my 2 cents, which is only worth about 1/2 a cent due to Bidenflation.

Limited motion will force better decisions in the pocket and quicker throws.
"We're going to fit Kenny with the same shoes that Redd Foxx wore in Sanford & Son"
/Canadafucius

There’s more to this than that. I’d like to see what Mitch does in this same offense if he succeeds or it’s the same ole same ole. Low total yards, low points scored, predictability. If it’s the same with Mitch that sends a clear message to Art II.
Personally I think it’s mostly Canada and his offensive scheme and playcalling with a combination of bad mechanics and bad habits Kenny’s displaying and no one is doing anything to help him address it.
This is year 3 of Canada's offense. Since he took over we are in the bottom 2 or 3 i n everything offensively. Art2 doesn't need to see anything more. He is just to cheap to get rid of Canada. Canada will be here and then after the season simply retire like Lebeau and Arians did. 🙄

His issue is a terrible offensive line that can't protect him.
I think this is what's regressed his pocket presence, because the pressure has been even higher than last year he's gotten happy feet and he's looking to extend the play just expecting the OLine to breakdown. What he needs is a QB coach to work with him on trusting his pocket even though it's not always good. Because it's better to expect a clean pocket and maintain your mechanics rather than always expecting the pocket to breakdown which leads to sometimes bailing on clean pockets. He needs coaching, unfortunately he won't be getting that here, unless a change is made they could destroy this man's ability to progress in pocket awareness

I'd sit KP and let him heal. I don't think his presence will make any difference with the way this team is performing, and Tomlin's BIG changes will be as effective as taking away the ping pong tables before unleashing hell.

Hope I'm wrong but I see most of us having lots of spare time on Sunday.

I think this is what's regressed his pocket presence, because the pressure has been even higher than last year he's gotten happy feet and he's looking to extend the play just expecting the OLine to breakdown. What he needs is a QB coach to work with him on trusting his pocket even though it's not always good. Because it's better to expect a clean pocket and maintain your mechanics rather than always expecting the pocket to breakdown which leads to sometimes bailing on clean pockets. He needs coaching, unfortunately he won't be getting that here, unless a change is made they could destroy this man's ability to progress in pocket awareness

I’m pretty sure he was talking about Joe Burrow, but who knows… offensive lines across the league are in pretty bad shape…

Sarge's response was in regard to Burrow but does parallel the situation with KP. Did Burrow suddenly become a bad QB?

Sarge's response was in regard to Burrow but does parallel the situation with KP. Did Burrow suddenly become a bad QB?
No I didn't realize it was in relation to burrow, so my bad, but I feel it's the same problem with our OLine, I still think my point stands

I’m pretty sure he was talking about Joe Burrow, but who knows… offensive lines across the league are in pretty bad shape…
I forget where I was listening, but they were discussing how it seems as though DLineman and pass rushers are getting so big and fast that DLine has ran past OLine in terms of ability and talent, Olines on average are starting to struggle matching up with most Dlines now. I don't think that's far off tbh

I would not start kenny this game i do not see the point. The offense stinks, we are playing a good D and the bye week is coming up. Let Kenny rest and watch a week. I can see him getting sacked 3-4x at least. Playing on a compromised leg is a bad idea.

I would not start kenny this game i do not see the point. The offense stinks, we are playing a good D and the bye week is coming up. Let Kenny rest and watch a week. I can see him getting sacked 3-4x at least. Playing on a compromised leg is a bad idea.
We were told constantly that red nosed third string ****** was fantastic not given a fair shake and all that bullshit. Give him a whirl. It would be entertaining in a plane crash sort of way.

Reactions: xjx
One thing is for sure. This should be a game you'll should see whatever the Steelers have. It's a big division rival at home and things look all around bad.

This should be their best all around effort if it holds true to the normal script.

This is year 3 of Canada's offense. Since he took over we are in the bottom 2 or 3 i n everything offensively. Art2 doesn't need to see anything more. He is just to cheap to get rid of Canada. Canada will be here and then after the season simply retire like Lebeau and Arians did. 🙄
Nah it’s not Art being cheap here.Your not talking much to buy out the rest of Canada’s contract. Not for a billionaire owner. With the money these owners make the salary of one Matt Canada is pure chump change.
Steelers simply do not like to fire any coaches in season. It’s not what they do.
I think they kept Canada because in their minds they felt like he was a stable presence for Kenny and they didn’t want to disrupt and second half progress from last season. Don’t think it was money which is chump change for Rooney.

We've already seen Mitch struggle to put up points. Hell, I flew from Frisco, TX to the burgh last year and got to see him throw the Baltimore game away with 3 interceptions. Mitch is doing nothing for us. Kenny is playing like **** now, but we need to ride him out. Just my 2 cents, which is only worth about 1/2 a cent due to Bidenflation.
I see your point but I think if Mitch and this offense struggles it will be the final nail and they relieve Canada at the bye week. That’s what I think,

Nah it’s not Art being cheap here.Your not talking much to buy out the rest of Canada’s contract. Not for a billionaire owner. With the money these owners make the salary of one Matt Canada is pure chump change.
Steelers simply do not like to fire any coaches in season. It’s not what they do.
I think they kept Canada because in their minds they felt like he was a stable presence for Kenny and they didn’t want to disrupt and second half progress from last season. Don’t think it was money which is chump change for Rooney.
Meh. Your opinion. Fine. We have not fired anyone under contract for years.....there is a reason for that. Cheapness. Canada should bever have been brought back for this year. The reason he was you ask? I will give a hint. It starts with cheap and ends in ness.

Was anyone actually stressing out that Kenny might be out for a while? I remember those situations with Ben. There was such a flood of relief when the news broke that he was okay and would play. With KP, it's meh.
No, not really. I think it would be smart to sit him out this game. In my original comment above, I was just glad his knee isn't completely trashed - I hate seeing that for anyone. And yeah, those situations with Ben were nail biters because it lessened the probability of a playoff. Today, yeah not much of a concern/hope of getting there.