• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Kenny Pickett Detailed That He Will Be "Good To Go" For Sunday

I think this is what's regressed his pocket presence, because the pressure has been even higher than last year he's gotten happy feet and he's looking to extend the play just expecting the OLine to breakdown. What he needs is a QB coach to work with him on trusting his pocket even though it's not always good. Because it's better to expect a clean pocket and maintain your mechanics rather than always expecting the pocket to breakdown which leads to sometimes bailing on clean pockets. He needs coaching, unfortunately he won't be getting that here, unless a change is made they could destroy this man's ability to progress in pocket awareness
Bingo!!! Hopefully it does take him 5 years to get it like at Pitt…

Bingo!!! Hopefully it does take him 5 years to get it like at Pitt…
It just might. Often a QB gets to that third year and the light 🚨 comes on. It might take him until that 4th season. Regardless he needs to make progress. Doesn't have to all at once. It can be baby steps but whatever it is... it needs to be improvement.

We were told constantly that red nosed third string ****** was fantastic not given a fair shake and all that bullshit. Give him a whirl. It would be entertaining in a plane crash sort of way.
In fairness, how much different would it be than the weekly plane crash we’re watching now?

I keep digging within the Texan film and I am wondering on each individual play how much freedom Kenny has. I know there is some questions about audibles but the game tape is showing some tendencies besides Kenny's happy feet and drifting into pressure. On the run roll out plays his ball placement isn't the best, certain plays seem predetermined with Kenny not changing the play to a more favorable and sometimes not even looking in that direction.

Dan Moore should either return to the right or ride the bench when he is healthy.

It is obvious Kenny isn't being coached up and or being coached incorrectly. Lot of these plays look schematic issues involved, but I also wonder if some of it is vision related.

Hard to tell without knowing what Kenny is told but I continue to see 4 areas of concern. Coaching, patterns, O-line, and QB play. O-line misses obvious crap, Kenny isn't accurate right now to do the reasons mentioned.

If they aren't going to can Canada they should bring him in some help, because that side of the ball is a hot mess.

Kenny needs to audible from sucking to not sucking.
Some of the things I am seeing is basic math. If you have one side of the field three route possibles and three defenders or two defenders, on the other side you have two route possibles and three defenders. Why isn't the OC teaching and playcalling option A?

This team isn't smart and again isn't scheming or teaching the basic fundamentals to these players.

Men j j just try harder. Get the **** out of our town, enough.