• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Legendary QB Ben Roethlisberger Trolls Browns And Bengals Fans On 20th Anniversary Of 2004 NFL Draft

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers were lucky enough for future Hall of Fame quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to fall to the franchise in the 2004 NFL Draft. The then-prospect from Miami of Ohio was selected with the 11th overall pick and never wore anything other than the black and gold. The draft cursed the Cleveland Browns for years as Roethlisberger dominated the organization from his home state. The other NFL franchise out of Ohio, the Cincinnati Bengals, weren't in a position to select the future two-time Super Bowl champion, but the retired signal-caller recently talked about how satisfying it was beating teams from his home state.

READ MORE

My boy bought tickets for he and I to go see Ben's last game, played in Baltimore.

He won, and went to the playoffs.

It wasn't his last game. But it was a golden memory. One final smack down on the ratbirds. Delicious.

The only Game I have ever got to attend was a Thursday night game against the rats. Ben was hurt so I had to watch the dog killer and a kicker that couldn't hit from the one yard line. I did get to see the game with my son and daughter and got to hang out with Justin and Cheryl at Justins tailgate so that was very cool. bettis was also there for half time HOF induction.

My daughter in law bought us the tickets and hotel room for fathers day. 40 yard line about 12 rows up from the field on the steelers sideline. even though Ben didn't play and we lost it is still something my kids and I talk about.

BTW Justin was awesome helping us find the parking and his tailgate plus helping us to find other things to do.

My boy bought tickets for he and I to go see Ben's last game, played in Baltimore.

He won, and went to the playoffs.

It wasn't his last game. But it was a golden memory. One final smack down on the ratbirds. Delicious.
my son got us tickets to his last home game. I still hear the entire stadium in my head chanting "Thank You Ben" over and over. was an amazing evening for us. We could see the stadium from our hotel right there at point park - they left the TY Ben sign up on the big board till like 3am. loved it.

my son got us tickets to his last home game. I still hear the entire stadium in my head chanting "Thank You Ben" over and over. was an amazing evening for us. We could see the stadium from our hotel right there at point park - they left the TY Ben sign up on the big board till like 3am. loved it.
We raised them right, brother.

The only Game I have ever got to attend was a Thursday night game against the rats. Ben was hurt so I had to watch the dog killer and a kicker that couldn't hit from the one yard line. I did get to see the game with my son and daughter and got to hang out with Justin and Cheryl at Justins tailgate so that was very cool. bettis was also there for half time HOF induction.

My daughter in law bought us the tickets and hotel room for fathers day. 40 yard line about 12 rows up from the field on the steelers sideline. even though Ben didn't play and we lost it is still something my kids and I talk about.

BTW Justin was awesome helping us find the parking and his tailgate plus helping us to find other things to do.

I have previously noted that I have been to 5 Steelers games and they are 5-0 with me in attendance, under the guidance of five different starting QB's: Mark Malone, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Duck Hodges and Kenny Pickett. The Duck Hodges game met up with Zona and his Mrs., both awesome, and a really pretty blonde girl who for some reason was hanging out with some giraffe-looking creature. Steelers should pay me to attend their games.

I've never been more excited for a draft pick. We really got to watch a special talent for nearly two decades.
My son and I jumping up and down when he was selected….the high-fives. The big *******-EH!
Seems like yesterday.
We both hated Manning and Rivers.

26-2 and 1 against the Browns. Now that is Legendary!