• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Najee Harris Absolutely Disrespected By Cringeworthy Running Back Power Rankings

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Two seasons into his career, things haven't been easy for Pittsburgh Steelers running back, Najee Harris. With several other needs throughout the roster, the front office opted to select a game-changing playmaker with the 24th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Harris was just that coming out of Alabama, including some ridiculous testing numbers at the Combine.

READ MORE

I will look at the rankings. After I post. I don’t need to look at the power rankings. Because what I’ve seen in the time he’s been in the NFL is he has been in the bottom 2/3. His production with that atrocios Line reflects that.

I expect his ranking to change drastically by game 4

Cringeworthy click bait titles

Meh..... 2000 yards or bust this year for Harris. Make it happen Tomlin. Run those wheels off of Harris.

I expect to be laughing at this thread this time next year. I mean if we even have a next year. That part is more debatable,

PS I cant click on home page on either broswer I use on this computer. Comes up blank. Just **** I deal with.
If you want me to read them, post a copy here. thx.

Started a few moths ago, IFRC.. Or is ti IIRC. Whattever..

You guys updating ****. thinking we will all go along. sorry not happening.

Last edited:
Najee / the offense had a terrible first half, but najee was hardly the main problem. 1st of all he was nursing an injury that was made worse by playing him in the preseason. You combine that with the line playing terrible and basically all defenders being crowded at the line, there was just nowhere for Najee to go. When we switched from the 2yrd pass offense to go run heavy and take more shots downfield Najee looked much better.
With this coaching staff and some new lineman its hard to say what we will see this year. I am hoping they just continue building on what they did at the end of last year. In theory the offense should be much better, but I still don't trust Canada / Tomlin.

Najee put up beast numbers as a rookie in both rushing and receiving even behind the worst OL in the league and with the worst OC in the league. The OL improved late in the year to be OK and Najee was wearing a metal plate in his shoe and nowhere close to 100% until after the bye. He was still dealing with the worst OC in the league. If he's healthy, the OL should be much better so he should put up very good numbers. But, Canaduh is still the moron in the room. Go run, run, pass and they will stack the box. Hopefully, Canaduh magically learned how to game plan, call plays, adjust during a game and allow KP to audible. I know, I'm asking too much.

I can't find anything to disagree with in this quote:

"He’s rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons, but did so with a sub-4.0 yards-per-carry average. So far, he’s been a product of his volume more than efficiency."

I'm not a huge Najee fan, but I'd put him higher than #19. Maybe 12-13.

Seems Naj is a beast and busts his ***. Not one to take off a play, even if he is not involved...blocks, etc. With a hopefully better line, he can showcase his skills... I think we saw what he is capable of in the second half of last year. Not that he needs bb material, but hope this article pisses him off.

He will be leading the NFL in rushing through week 4. He will be a feature back that NOW has a much improved line and possibly a slightly improved OC. (The O’Canada Factor) is by far the biggest concern for this team and Najee Harris production.

Salute the nation

Meh..... 2000 yards or bust this year for Harris. Make it happen Tomlin. Run those wheels off of Harris.
I am expecting 1600-1800 all purpose. 1200 yards rushing and 8-10 TDs and I'm a supporter. If he is healthy and doesn't get super close to those projections I would pick up his option and that season will be his last.
Problem being it's hard to picture a power back playing in all the games over three seasons and not having a 4 plus game injury which makes the season speculation.

I am expecting 1600-1800 all purpose. 1200 yards rushing and 8-10 TDs and I'm a supporter. If he is healthy and doesn't get super close to those projections I would pick up his option and that season will be his last.
Problem being it's hard to picture a power back playing in all the games over three seasons and not having a 4 plus game injury which makes the season speculation.

ADD in that “run the wheels off” mentality possessed by our HC, and you have injury. Najee doesn’t need more than 22-28 carries a game, add in 5 receiving touches at most.

We have enough quality depth to off-set the onset of touches.

Our OC needs to be able to hide / mix / not telegraph plays in order for this to happen. When a different personal package enters the game, the defense shouldn’t know what the play is going to be. THIS has been a problem in the3 past with our current OC.

Salute the nationb

Najee has been Jekyl and hyde since he has been a Steeler. A handfull of games he looks like a 1st round Rb and what the Steelers were drafting.
Most of the time he looks pedestrian. Slow with no burst or vision and the numbers show him being outplayed by warren 95% of last season.
If he doesn't make the jump this year with all the upgrades its never gonna happen.
I can see Harris having a 3rd year coming out party, i can just as easily see Warren outplaying him again, it was clear watching both guys last year maybe just a fluke but it didn't appear to be.

Najee doesn’t need more than 22-28 carries a game, add in 5 receiving touches at most.
You do realize that if he hits your numbers, it will be an NFL record for most carries in a season? The current record is 416. If he carries the ball right in the middle of your 22-28 (25), he will have 425. I'm sure they'd rather keep it to about 300, which would be 18 carries a game.

You do realize that if he hits your numbers, it will be an NFL record for most carries in a season? The current record is 416. If he carries the ball right in the middle of your 22-28 (25), he will have 425. I'm sure they'd rather keep it to about 300, which would be 18 carries a game.

Good math, but when you take out the injury gam or 6, then you maybe .

I hear yaz and maybe my head and hands didn’t work in unison. Maybe the 22-28 were total touches, either way he will NOT average the 24 per.

Salute the nation

The guy had a lis franc injury and missed zero time.
Let him show up healthy this year, and then talk to me about a second contract.
Great guy, has had zero help thusfar in his nfl career from the organization.

I could see 1300 yards with another 600 through the air.
I hope he doesn't get the standard Tomlin running back treatment

Not sure where I heard this quote from, but the only thing we have to fear is....... fear itself.

Harris finally has a line to run behind. let him loose.

He averaged 3.9 yards per carry. how many of those were short yardage, pick up a yard for a td or 1st down? how many carries did he get hit in the backfield while just getting the ball?
all will be good this year. I say he averages 4.5 yards per carry this year. Minim um.

Najee put up beast numbers as a rookie in both rushing and receiving even behind the worst OL in the league and with the worst OC in the league. The OL improved late in the year to be OK and Najee was wearing a metal plate in his shoe and nowhere close to 100% until after the bye. He was still dealing with the worst OC in the league. If he's healthy, the OL should be much better so he should put up very good numbers. But, Canaduh is still the moron in the room. Go run, run, pass and they will stack the box. Hopefully, Canaduh magically learned how to game plan, call plays, adjust during a game and allow KP to audible. I know, I'm asking too much.
I concur...

I think that offensive line finished 23rd in the league. OK would be 16 and OK-good would be 15 - 1, where as OK-bad would be 17 - 32.

This Year Najee will have the best OL he has had this far in his short career. Unfortunately, he will still have the worst OC in the league, similar to his first two years in the league.

I think we have a great set of players, it’s the O’Canada factor that I’m worried about.

Salute the nation

I hope he doesn't get the standard Tomlin running back treatment
You mean running the wheels off? I think Tomlin showed some bend last year with Warren's carries. But also, if Najee is producing there's no need to save him because the worst contract ever given is to a RB on his second deal. If he's good, use the 5th year option. If he's still good, use the franchise. After 6 years, move on.