• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Najee Harris Absolutely Disrespected By Cringeworthy Running Back Power Rankings

We all hope you're right!

I hear yaz !!!

The FO greatly improved so as to make the ”rushing” offense to work dominantly. Najee should greatly improve as well.

Salute the nation

Harris nowhere to be found on Sports Illustrated Top 10 list either.

I will look at the rankings. After I post. I don’t need to look at the power rankings. Because what I’ve seen in the time he’s been in the NFL is he has been in the bottom 2/3. His production with that atrocios Line reflects that.

I expect his ranking to change drastically by game 4

I think Harris is not the back fans are looking for. That is unless you are happy with his low YPR and YPC. Warren may be the better of the two.

I think Harris is not the back fans are looking for. That is unless you are happy with his low YPR and YPC. Warren may be the better of the two.
I think Warren is a better back. Hopefully they give us a great 1-2 punch this year.

I think Warren is a better back. Hopefully they give us a great 1-2 punch this year.
Stats aside, look at the tape. Warren had that look, It was very apparent but when you draft a guy in the first round you are forced to start him even if he isn't the better guy. If Warren outplays him to such an obvious level this year he will get more playing time so the Steelers can start building a case not to give Harris any kind of big second contract.

With the OL moves we've made & as a heavily featured back, Najee is gonna produce respectable numbers...I think he will fend off Warren for now...But....He better not sputter cause Warren has shown he can definitely be a feature back...

We do need to bring in a big bruiser as RB3 as we want to be known as a Smashmouth Running Team...My hope has faded for Anthony McFarland...

I'm thinking Najee & Warren push each other & BOTH avg. above 4.5 this year...

Stats aside, look at the tape. Warren had that look, It was very apparent but when you draft a guy in the first round you are forced to start him even if he isn't the better guy. If Warren outplays him to such an obvious level this year he will get more playing time so the Steelers can start building a case not to give Harris any kind of big second contract.
If Warren proves again he is the better back, they simply won't pickup the 5th year option. And next year they will platoon him with Warren for about 10-12 carries a game.

They can start be playing Warren more. He was a rookie last year. Harris was the veteran with a 1st rounds pick label. I think Warren has a chance to take Harris job.

They can start be playing Warren more. He was a rookie last year. Harris was the veteran with a 1st rounds pick label. I think Warren has a chance to take Harris job.
I'm not trying to compare Harris to Barry Sanders, but I think Harris is the more shiftier, elusive type of back that can awe you with his moves, whereas Warren is more a Bettis type of power back that will either beat off defenders or take them for a 4 yard ride. Am I off base here?

Which type back is better suited for this team do you think? I'm no expert. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not trying to compare Harris to Barry Sanders, but I think Harris is the more shiftier, elusive type of back that can awe you with his moves, whereas Warren is more a Bettis type of power back that will either beat off defenders or take them for a 4 yard ride. Am I off base here?

Which type back is better suited for this team do you think? I'm no expert. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Stewey, when Najee Harris is healthy, he is the BEST running-back on the tea… BAR none.

with the help that the OL has gotten, Najee should be dominant. Time will tell and you must realize that the Back up is always the best because there is no huge load to test them by.

I have nothing against Warren and I want him to be successful as hell as thast would be helping our beloved STEELERS, but I also realize his success is as relief RB.

Keeping the midget RB is a waste of time as anything gadget play he could possibly do and be successful (about 50% of the time), Najee or Jaylen could give better odds or we have other skill positions looking for that “Anthony” touch Play. A more seasoned OC wouldn’t need the Anthony shuffle as that just takes plays away from the real play-makers.

Salute the nation

The only real knock I have on Najee is that for as big as he is, he sure goes down easy. I think that if the additions to offensive line pan out, he should be top 5 in the NFL. He has that capability.

The only real knock I have on Najee is that for as big as he is, he sure goes down easy. I think that if the additions to offensive line pan out, he should be top 5 in the NFL. He has that capability.

With all the bolstering of the trenches and run dominant, I sure hope we can get Offensive Play calling that doesn’t telegraph our plays, causing 8-9 in the box. We still have to have that fine line mixture to help keep the defense from knowing what the play is.

I thin k we will be run first, but we have that capability to pass, we will NEED that pass ability to exploit the rush.

Salute the nation

He's got to get better at big plays. He only had ONE 20+ yard run last year. This was the worst among the top 39 rushers in the league (yards gained). I just can't see using a R1 pick on a guy who can't get you 8-10 20+ yard gains a year.

He's got to get better at big plays. He only had ONE 20+ yard run last year. This was the worst among the top 39 rushers in the league (yards gained). I just can't see using a R1 pick on a guy who can't get you 8-10 20+ yard gains a year.

We should have never spent a 1st round pick on a RB, any running back. Too much draft capital for a RB. Imagine had we used that or close to that to take Creed Humphrey (Who was available twice in that draft)

Salute the nation

We should have never spent a 1st round pick on a RB, any running back. Too much draft capital for a RB. Imagine had we used that or close to that to take Creed Humphrey (Who was available twice in that draft)

Salute the nation

People keep clamoring for is to bring in an experienced 3rd rb because there are big names still out there… but you just don’t need that at RB.. maybe that Alfonzo Graham kid has something… maybe one of the other unknowns do.. RB is still pretty easy to find… it seems like every year there are udfas in the leaderboards … lasy year i think four 1st round rbs were in the top 20 in qualified yards per carry and about the same amount or maybe more were seventh round or udfas guys…

I like Harris, but yeah it was a waste of a first taking him there… you could have traded down, gotten humphrey and Muth and used whatever extra pick on a rb and probably gotten reasonable results…

People keep clamoring for is to bring in an experienced 3rd rb because there are big names still out there… but you just don’t need that at RB.. maybe that Alfonzo Graham kid has something… maybe one of the other unknowns do.. RB is still pretty easy to find… it seems like every year there are udfas in the leaderboards … lasy year i think four 1st round rbs were in the top 20 in qualified yards per carry and about the same amount or maybe more were seventh round or udfas guys…

I like Harris, but yeah it was a waste of a first taking him there… you could have traded down, gotten humphrey and Muth and used whatever extra pick on a rb and probably gotten reasonable results…

That’s How I see it to madinsomniac.

I don’t have anything against NAJEE and sure as hell hope him to perform above and beyond.

But look at Warren and Najee, what is the performance difference in the two, and what would be the performance difference in our current center vs Creed?

Maybe with better OC production, Najee may be better statistically speaking.

My biggest concern is the O’Canada factor. Did he take a step up in the off-season ????????

Salute the nation

Two problems are his vision seems so-so in the NFL and he doesn't have game-breaking speed.

Two problems are his vision seems so-so in the NFL and he doesn't have game-breaking speed.

Can't run outside the tackle well

Lacks acceleration and speed

Low YPR and YAC. Lowest projected back to start in 2023 of YPR and YPC

Produces few big plays over 15+ yards

# Play Warren more.

That and the fact that he has a great game every once in a while. People have a short memory. He was close to losing his job last year, even the talking heads were questioning his talent.
Warren is much more reliable, 30 pounds lighter and runs harder. and over a full yard more per carry for his career.
I think Warren breaks out this year.

That and the fact that he has a great game every once in a while. People have a short memory. He was close to losing his job last year, even the talking heads were questioning his talent.
Warren is much more reliable, 30 pounds lighter and runs harder. and over a full yard more per carry for his career.
I think Warren breaks out this year.
Yep. Only 12 games averaging at least 4.0 YPC and ranks near the bottom among qualifiers in yards over expected per Next Generation Stats.
I've been yelling those two things on the other forum I was on since his rookie year.
It's one of the reasons I didn't want him in the first. At least Etienne has the explosive play ability. Same thing with Robinson this year. If you're going to draft a RB early, they need to be a home run threat.

I almost forgot how old Najee is. He’ll be 27 on a 5th year if he gets it. No way they sign him to a second contract with him being 28 in the first year of the deal. That’s (forced) retirement age for a RB.

I almost forgot how old Najee is. He’ll be 27 on a 5th year if he gets it. No way they sign him to a second contract with him being 28 in the first year of the deal. That’s (forced) retirement age for a RB.
maybe he takes a friendly deal

I'm expecting things to go 70-30 for Najee this year. If they use him in the pass game like they did his rookie season and finally late last year, I see him getting a very nice 1,500 yards from scrimmage. If Tomlin does decide to keep more tread on his tires, he could go 60-40 but I'm still thinking Najee gets 70% of the snaps if he's healthy. He was a beast as a rookie and once he took the steel plate out of his shoe and got healthy after the bye last year. With finally what should be a good OL this year, I fully expect him to average well north of 4 yards per carry and probably 4.5+. The dude will run over guys and make things easier for Warren when he comes in and does he quick hit runs like last year. It should be a very good 1-2 punch with some plays having both on the field at the same time.