• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Not Old and Slow

torsteel

Registered
Reaction score
On Offense we have have some serious speed @ WR. With Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown, Marcus Wheaton, Darrius Heyward-Bey and now Dri Archer we can field a 4x100 relay team. If teams stack the box to stop L. Bell and LaGarette Blount we can easily go over the top of the defense.

Defensively, Ryan Shazier, Mike Mitchell, Timmons, Shamarko, Cortez Allen, Ike and old man Polamalu provide superior speed in the middle. With all the "beef" on the defensive front we need the speed to cover the middle and the secondary. the secondary is still a MAJOR concern.Hopefully we can snag Marcus Roberson or Loucheiz Purifoy as UDFA's.

Warren Sapp just tweeted that the average Steelers defender is 74 years old and runs a 9.4 40

The only age is in the secondary with Troy and Ike.However, McCullers might be close to running a 9.4. But, he doesn't need to run.......just clog the gaps and allow the LB's to make plays.

Our D has the potential to be a force again if the secondary holds up.

We do not even know if the Steelers are going to have a pass rush or not.

Jones and, to a slightly lesser extent, Worlids are big question marks.

We do not even know if the Steelers are going to have a pass rush or not.

Jones and, to a slightly lesser extent, Worlids are big question marks.

Strengthening the front 3 allows the LB's to make plays. The problem the last few years was we didn't have the production from the likes of Big Snack, Aaron Smith and to a lesser degree Keisel. With the emergence of Heyward and a yr of experience from McLendon I think we will see a huge improvement. Adding Tuitt, Cam Thomas and McCullers is huge not to mention the other youngsters Nick Williams and Brian Arnfeldt.

Keep the faith.

You know Torsteel there must be an off-field issue with Purifoy and Roberson. I don't get why neither got drafted and even if there was Purifoy is so immensely talented it just doesn't add up.

You know Torsteel there must be an off-field issue with Purifoy and Roberson. I don't get why neither got drafted and even if there was Purifoy is so immensely talented it just doesn't add up.

I agree. Both Florida CB's go undrafted....hmmmmm. They are at least 5th rd talents.

Does the O-line gel, and do our first to picks make the starting lineup?

If those two things happen, we're coming after the division title.

They sure showed Sapp with this draft.

Hopefully next year Sapp will say that the Steelers have terrible CBs

We have slow pass rushers, especially Jarvis and a secondary that lacks ballhawks

Warren Sapp just tweeted that the average Steelers defender is 74 years old and runs a 9.4 40

And if you add all that up you get to his waist line in inches, and if you take the square root of the answer you get his IQ. Sapp has not been a source of anything close to relevant in his entire career as a commentator, sport reporter or what ever you want to call him.

Purifoy was caught with drugs, Roberson was slow, suspended and injury prone:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...voided-arrest-by-agreeing-to-be-an-informant/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...n-purifoy-still-slow-at-soggy-florida-workout

"Cornerbacks Marcus Roberson and Loucheiz Purifoy failed to better their disappointing Combine 40-yard dash times, coming in the mid-4.5s to low 4.6s on most watches. One scout had Roberson at 4.71."

Strengthening the front 3 allows the LB's to make plays. The problem the last few years was we didn't have the production from the likes of Big Snack, Aaron Smith and to a lesser degree Keisel. With the emergence of Heyward and a yr of experience from McLendon I think we will see a huge improvement. Adding Tuitt, Cam Thomas and McCullers is huge not to mention the other youngsters Nick Williams and Brian Arnfeldt.

Keep the faith.
I saw Jones and worilds get handled one on one alot last season, that has nothing to do with the Dline.