• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Place Banner, McFarland and Tuitt on IR

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers continued to make roster moves today. The team announced minutes ago that Stephon Tuitt, Anthony McFarland, and Zach Banner will all begin the season on Injured Reserve. The Steelers will be able to bring them back after week 3 if they’re all healed by then.

Tuitt has missed all of training camp while he’s dealt with a knee injury. He will be the biggest loss for the Steelers out of the three. Today defensive coordinator Keith Butler noted that along with a knee injury Tuitt may be a little overweight.

McFarland, and Banner both stayed in Pittsburgh and didn’t travel to Carolina for the Steelers final preseason game. Both were kept in Pittsburgh to receive medical treatment.

The loss of McFarland hurts new offensive coordinator Matt Canada’s offensive game plan. It was figured that McFarland would have lots of plays designed for him due to his quickness and speed. Receiver Ray Ray McCloud figures to take his place in those situations.

With Banner out that means Dan Moore Jr will make his first career start at left tackle in his first career game. He only needs to protect Ben Roethlisberger’s blind side.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

WTF happened to McFarland? Did he get injured today? I heard nothing about an injury to him. Sucks Banner had a set back. Hope he doesn't miss the season. And, sucks for Tuitt but apparently yet another major injury for him in his career. I believe that is No. 3 or 4 now.

He was injured the one game and they mentioned afterwards he would be evaluated. I don't 🤔 think any of the three injuries is season ending. I do wonder if Banner can hold up even after he returns.

The Steelers are lucky a fourth-round rookie left tackle has flashed potential because their offseason approach to fixing the OL, particularly the tackle position, was not good at all.

Thanks Justin, good read and info !!!

That explains Benny Sell to a degree. Tuitt was headed somewhere but I'm glad it's short term IR and hopefully injury / weight / head can get it all together in that short time.

I've been pimpiN and it is a big order for the rookie to come in and protect BEN but at this point there are few options. As said the FO took a lackadaizacal approach to the OL in general so Dan Moore Jr. rose above and will get his shot. It's understandable for growing pains but I don't think Dan will disapoint and if he can hold that fort LT down how big would that be.????

Good LUCK to Mr. Moore and the rest of the STEELERS team !!!

Salute the nation

Wait banner’s out so Dan Moore jr is gonna start at LT? Thought banner was RT? They keeping him at left now Wow

Last edited: