• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Reportedly Now "Have Looked Into" 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk After His Big Season

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers General Manager Omar Khan has been blowing minds this offseason as he has filled in gaps on the roster and strengthened weak areas. That included a surprise restructuring of the entire quarterback room with Kenny Pickett being traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, the signing of Russell Wilson, and the trade for Justin Fields.

READ MORE

The kid can play. Great routes and hands. Probably cost us our 1st and more, however.

49rs want at least a first round pick for him and Aiyuk wants 20 million plus a year. This isn't happening. I like how every big name person is now being linked to the Steelers in the media. The Steelers made some big moves, but the cost to the team was almost nothing.

I could see them bring in a good free agent or two and pay them well for a year or two if they think with the addition of Wilson we are a player or two away and they decide to go all in for a short window. I don't see them trading high draft picks plus paying a lot at the WR position. This is all off-season fan service and wishful thinking.

cost for Aiyuk, per spotrac:

BRANDON AIYUK (49ERS, 26)​

Quick Details
4 years, $96,000,000
$24,000,000 AAV
$40M guaranteed at signing
$57.6M practically guaranteed​

VCD-LtOtLwN9bQjl4dwb394potAmY7S8dphOVOGCAmGXfeUniwu8E6WcUHdnpb9ttItPjUqngwcllrPiXfCPN1YdY9a_HMbGyM0MzzZroTt1MLq-HFc0r47ur9vrdj6cerdIxgeWo0SXcVDPbSStH2w

Aiyuk’s status in San Francisco is very much in question, but it’s nothing a few (dozen) million guaranteed can’t fix. The 26-year-old showed his worth in 2023, and enters 2024 on a $14.1M fully guaranteed 5th-year-option. Spotrac is projecting a 4 year, $96M tack on extension, including $40M fully guaranteed at signing, and nearly $58M fully locked in by next March. It’s a 1A version of Deebo Samuel’s deal with the Niners, so if Aiyuk is traded to a team that will increase his role to a true WR1, this projection likely becomes a floor, not a ceiling.

The Dolphins, Bills, and Eagles all went out and got big-time receivers and it paid off for all those teams. I have no problem making this move if it happens. You shouldn't need five 1st-round picks to start on the offensive line.

Quick Details​

4 years, $96,000,000​

$24,000,000 AAV​

$40M guaranteed at signing​

VCD-LtOtLwN9bQjl4dwb394potAmY7S8dphOVOGCAmGXfeUniwu8E6WcUHdnpb9ttItPjUqngwcllrPiXfCPN1YdY9a_HMbGyM0MzzZroTt1MLq-HFc0r47ur9vrdj6cerdIxgeWo0SXcVDPbSStH2w

Aiyuk’s status in San Francisco is very much in question, but it’s nothing a few (dozen) million guaranteed can’t fix. The 26-year-old showed his worth in 2023, and enters 2024 on a $14.1M fully guaranteed 5th-year-option. Spotrac is projecting a 4 year, $96M tack on extension, including $40M fully guaranteed at signing, and nearly $58M fully locked in by next March. It’s a 1A version of Deebo Samuel’s deal with the Niners, so if Aiyuk is traded to a team that will increase his role to a true WR1, this projection likely becomes a floor, not a ceiling.

GREAT post Supe and thanks for all the great & the humor along the way.

That is a lot of dough, makes me wonder if we could even sniff that ?

Salute the nation

Quick Details​

4 years, $96,000,000​

$24,000,000 AAV​

$40M guaranteed at signing​

Well---one thing's for sure..

If the Steelers do acquire him and sign him to a long term deal that even comes close to those numbers....
George Pickens will probably not see us pick up his 5th year option ...In fact, they might even deal him before then.

The Jags inquired about him, and the 49ers wanted the Jags #17 overall and a WR in return. No way in hell I'm giving up #20 and a player for him. He's very good, but he's in an offense, that alot here seem to think would make Pickett some how look good, and his best year is 78 catches and 8 TD's. Isn't his contract up, how much is he going to cost to sign, I heard close to 25 per.

If the Steelers do acquire him and sign him to a long term deal that even comes close to those numbers....
George Pickens will probably not see us pick up his 5th year option ...In fact, they might even deal him before then.
He was a second round pick so doesn’t have a 5th year option

Aiyuk 24 million a year? LOL Hell no. Not worth that kind of money. If Steelers are breaking the bank its Jefferson or nothing. You could get an Aiyuk in the draft, you aren't getting a Jefferson.
One could make the argument for Aiyuk being the #2 to Deebo in san fran. I would see a guy like Deebo being a better fit for this team than Brandon.
This is all fun to listen to but the cheapskate Rooneys will never spend that kind of dough, they don't even pay their own guys that kind of guaranteed money, best in the league or not. Never gonna happen.

Omar does not need to be giving up premium draft picks. We need a center and OT so please hold on to these picks.
Besides, we’re not a Brandon Aiyuk or Justin Jefferson away from a SB. We have too many holes to fill.
I'm with you, much more of this FA action and we will turn into one of those "dream teams" like Philly and the old Redskins of a few years ago: They turned out to be crap. Too many new players at once. We've done a ton now slow down, baby. We need those draft picks to fill holes. Adding an Aiyuk ain't gonna do it.

Thats right...thanks

That still will probably put Pickens out of a 2nd contract with the Steelers IMO... in fact, if he continues to act unprofessionally, he might get dealt sooner..
Word is he has been "put on notice" to tighten his sh-- up or else be shipped out. Time will tell quickly.

That's too much, not worth it. We have holes to fill in the draft.
Meh Aiyuk or jefferson would cost a mint but both are very young stars... its not brilliant in a deep draft year, but its not as idiotic as targeting a past their prime guy either

Meh Aiyuk or jefferson would cost a mint but both are very young stars... its not brilliant in a deep draft year, but its not as idiotic as targeting a past their prime guy either
Just saying teams who add too many new players in FA end up sucking, trying to avoid that.

Just saying teams who add too many new players in FA end up sucking, trying to avoid that.
I totally agree, but like i said elsewhere.. Pickens is due a new deal next season and if he wants a ridiculous deal, may as well go get the guy who deserves that deal..

Mostly i think they are totally blowing up the O... it wouldnt surprise me to see them deal Muth for a TE that can block and catch passes next... though I agree with you... this much change rarely yields good results

I totally agree, but like i said elsewhere.. Pickens is due a new deal next season and if he wants a ridiculous deal, may as well go get the guy who deserves that deal..

Mostly i think they are totally blowing up the O... it wouldnt surprise me to see them deal Muth for a TE that can block and catch passes next... though I agree with you... this much change rarely yields good results
Agreed on JJ & Pickens...George could be Jettisoned quickly in a deal for JJ..

I dont think their moving Muth thsi year....they will stick with the 2 headed monster of Muth (passing game) and Washington (running game), for at least one more season..

I’d be inclined to wait it out and see if the 49ers are willing to take less.

This will not come to pass! No way Art signs off on giving up our first round pick plus a player and then having to sign this guy for 24 million a season.
That dog simply don’t hunt in Pittsburgh!
This is simple… Sign Tyler Boyd to a reasonable contract without giving anything up as our #3 and draft a WR in round two. Take your OT in round one and draft the center in round three.
Maybe Omar can somehow maneuver a way to get us back into the second round.

I'm not inclined to give up draft picks either.

Dan Moore originally beat out Oakorafor at right tackle as a rookie. After final pre-season game, Coach genius moved Moore over to LT and he's played there since. I'm just saying Moore will be good depth, or acceptable depth.

OC is our greatest need on the OL, high draft pick who starts right out of the gate. NO ****-ing projects.!!!

This draft is deep, 3rd round will get a good WR.

Salute the nation

That's the problem with having two big name receivers you can't hold on to both. Pickens aint that guy yet, but you bring in someone that pushes Trippin Pickens and they both ball out....Pickens is going to want what the other guy is getting.