• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Reportedly Now "Have Looked Into" 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk After His Big Season

Not correct. He was a first round pick and Niners have the 5th year option. Niners want to hold onto him but worried he will hold out. Aiyuk had a fantastic year but wants to be the featured WR. With CMC, Deebo and Kittle, sometimes it’s tough to get Aiyuk the ball as much as he prefers. Niners prefer not to trade him. He’s a great receiver! Regarding high salary? WR market is exploding. 25-27MM is the market for this tier WR.
The talk was about PICKENS

maybe we will shock the world and move up to get Marvin Harrison JR. he should still be there at 7 or 8. Harrison and Pickens would be a nightmare for any defense.
Only if you have a HC with some balls that actually allows you to throw it downfield.

The Johnson trade is looking a bit premature if you ask me. I was no DJ fan but he was a stable piece at WR, a solid #2 to Pickens. Even with subpar QB Play. Would have been smart to hold him atleast until you get the other glaring holes filled versus digging another hole at WR. Khan got conned on the DJ Trade.
Problem with Johnson and more the point our WR room is the culture Tomlin has a loud to grow in there. A few years ago Hines was almost our WR coach.

We have had a bunch of talented WRs over Tomlin's tenure but most get traded away at some point it seems.

Thats right...thanks

That still will probably put Pickens out of a 2nd contract with the Steelers IMO... in fact, if he continues to act unprofessionally, he might get dealt sooner..

I was thinking after DJ got dealt that he would be next.

I was thinking after DJ got dealt that he would be next.
Why get rid of both? Pickens thinks he is WR1, let him now run with it. If I was GP, I would be spending as much time with Wilson an Fields as they would commit. This is his year to explode.

I don't think they need that out of the gate. They need a reliable veteran and a 600 yard 5 td guy out of the gate. There are so many targets, yards and scores left on the table for Friermuth, the backs, Heyward and even CA3 in a properly structured offense and I will say it.... a veteran Q.
That does nothing, and is a big downgrade from Dionte. I have hope for Friermuth as he's shown some promise but has a long way to go to being a top tight end, hopefully the QB situation helps him. Austin has done next to nothing, High hopes for Austin but if he was that promising he would have seen alot more opportunity and production especially with Johnson hurt last year. Heyward looked like a good football player in limited action in 2022, 2023 he was terrible. Tough to bank on either guy.
I say draft 2 WR hope 1 works out? There is more potential upside in the draft, rather than signing a mediocre WR 3 like Boyd. Boyd has a very low ceiling. We need an upside guy and this is the perfect draft to get a WR.

brandon aiyuk <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< quez watkins

i guess

That does nothing, and is a big downgrade from Dionte. I have hope for Friermuth as he's shown some promise but has a long way to go to being a top tight end, hopefully the QB situation helps him. Austin has done next to nothing, High hopes for Austin but if he was that promising he would have seen alot more opportunity and production especially with Johnson hurt last year. Heyward looked like a good football player in limited action in 2022, 2023 he was terrible. Tough to bank on either guy.
I say draft 2 WR hope 1 works out? There is more potential upside in the draft, rather than signing a mediocre WR 3 like Boyd. Boyd has a very low ceiling. We need an upside guy and this is the perfect draft to get a WR.
Johnson had 700 and change and 5 scores in a hopeless offense. Hope would be Pickens is star and rest is well spread out with great run game.

I think the Aiyuk ship has sailed.
Guy isn't happy and is still posting as today added to his Instagram indicating as such. I would say it is doubtful but not necessarily sailed...yet.

I think the plan will be 12 heavy lessening the need for WR depth. More 2 back sets possibly or hybrid 2 back sets with lil Heyward.
I agree. With Arthur Smith as the OC, the Titans used 12 personnel a lot. They were #5 in the NFL in 2019 (30% of all plays) and #2 in 2020 (34%). And with Freiermuth and Washington, the Steelers should have an effective duo.

The draft is deep with quality wide receivers this year. They don't need to trade for and overpay Aiyuk.