• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Reportedly Now "Have Looked Into" 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk After His Big Season

I mean,Jerry Jeudy signs with the browns. 3 years 58 million. 41 million guaranteed.
Crazy.

Wrs are definitely overpriced right now, we could have gouged a contender for DJ if we had traded him at the draft... 7 million for him would have been a steal and most could fit it in their cap. Instead we traded him out of conference for a lowball package

We don't know what Pickens looks like with a solid QB and competent OC. We saw it briefly with Mason and he put up league best numbers for that stretch.
People are underestimating George. Steelers would be crazy to deal him. Guy put up 200 less yards and 13 less catches than Aiyuk with Kenny Pickett and Mason!
Pickens would have easily put up better numbers than Aiyuk if he was in that offense.

He was a second round pick so doesn’t have a 5th year option
Not correct. He was a first round pick and Niners have the 5th year option. Niners want to hold onto him but worried he will hold out. Aiyuk had a fantastic year but wants to be the featured WR. With CMC, Deebo and Kittle, sometimes it’s tough to get Aiyuk the ball as much as he prefers. Niners prefer not to trade him. He’s a great receiver! Regarding high salary? WR market is exploding. 25-27MM is the market for this tier WR.

Need to draft a C and OT. Stay the course. They can draft a wr as well. I can see Najee,Muth and Heyward getting a lot more work in the offense this year.

I hope Pickens takes a step forward in route running and maturity.

There's no way I'd give up the line for an overpriced wr toy. Save that for next year if all goes well.

Haslam has lots of $$$$$...

He will learn that money doesn't' buy you championships..

Haslam’s Salary Cap is the same as anybody elses’. Individual High pay, once past a certain point, the team becomes less skillful of the lowered paid players.

I get what you are saying though, Watson is a case in point.

Salute the nation

Need to draft a C and OT. Stay the course. They can draft a wr as well. I can see Najee,Muth and Heyward getting a lot more work in the offense this year.

I hope Pickens takes a step forward in route running and maturity.

There's no way I'd give up the line for an overpriced wr toy. Save that for next year if all goes well.

Very deep class of WRs coming in the draft. I’d bet we can get quality in the 3rd, but C & RT will be gone.

If JPJ is there in the first, you’d have to take him, UNLESS there was an absolute coveted player you deem worthy.

I definately think BPA, but that very well could be JPJ at 1.20

Salute the nation

Very deep class of WRs coming in the draft. I’d bet we can get quality in the 3rd, but C & RT will be gone.

If JPJ is there in the first, you’d have to take him, UNLESS there was an absolute coveted player you deem worthy.

I definately think BPA, but that very well could be JPJ at 1.20

Salute the nation
Exactly. They need that first and second pick.

I'm actually surprised the 49ers aren't looking to move Samuels and resigning Aiyuk. Aiyuk has been more dependable than Samuels over the last two years due to Samuels list of injuries. Samuels is more versatile but they haven't used him to carry the ball nearly the same since they picked up McCaffery. He's three years older than Aiyuk, I'm surprised they extended him although the 41 mill that's guaranteed will be paid up after 2025, years 26 and 27 could be voided if he suffers a serious injury. He's probably going to be cheaper than signing Aiyuk.

3rd this year and a 2nd next year I’m all over it. Probably not enough though.

I was thinking a 3rd and two 7ths———— this year. Provided they can get the contract signed and

be with-in reason $$$.

Salute the nation

The Johnson trade is looking a bit premature if you ask me. I was no DJ fan but he was a stable piece at WR, a solid #2 to Pickens. Even with subpar QB Play. Would have been smart to hold him atleast until you get the other glaring holes filled versus digging another hole at WR. Khan got conned on the DJ Trade.

The Johnson trade is looking a bit premature if you ask me. I was no DJ fan but he was a stable piece at WR, a solid #2 to Pickens. Even with subpar QB Play. Would have been smart to hold him atleast until you get the other glaring holes filled versus digging another hole at WR. Khan got conned on the DJ Trade.
nope

Don’t know if conned is correct word..but I am very surprised he didn’t have the option for his replacement teed up and on the table shortly after the deal.

They need a veteran in the room ..even if they go wideout in first or second round...
OBJ?

Last edited:
Will cost a mint of cash and draft capital. I know Pickens is an issue but he is a 1200 yard guy. He is your one now. Get a two in FA and a 2-3 with 1 upside in first or second round of draft.

I think part of the “JETISON” of the DJ was due to his attitude and speaking out tweets. Locker room stuff as well.

You can’t get rid of players like that fast enough, look how much it affected Pickens along the way.

Talking heads have indicated that management has spoken to George and he best get his poop in a group and change his ways of past.

Salute the nation

Not correct. He was a first round pick and Niners have the 5th year option. Niners want to hold onto him but worried he will hold out. Aiyuk had a fantastic year but wants to be the featured WR. With CMC, Deebo and Kittle, sometimes it’s tough to get Aiyuk the ball as much as he prefers. Niners prefer not to trade him. He’s a great receiver! Regarding high salary? WR market is exploding. 25-27MM is the market for this tier WR.
I think the comments in this chain about 5th year option was referring to Pickens

Will cost a mint of cash and draft capital. I know Pickens is an issue but he is a 1200 yard guy. He is your one now. Get a two in FA and a 2-3 with 1 upside in first or second round of draft.
They need the next Puca Nacua to upgrade trading Johnson away. Possible but the odds are stacked against them.

They need the next Puca Nacua to upgrade trading Johnson away. Possible but the odds are stacked against them.
I don't think they need that out of the gate. They need a reliable veteran and a 600 yard 5 td guy out of the gate. There are so many targets, yards and scores left on the table for Friermuth, the backs, Heyward and even CA3 in a properly structured offense and I will say it.... a veteran Q.

maybe we will shock the world and move up to get Marvin Harrison JR. he should still be there at 7 or 8. Harrison and Pickens would be a nightmare for any defense.

I think they wait till summer time when they can find a veteran wr, down on his luck....for cheap.

Word is he has been "put on notice" to tighten his sh-- up or else be shipped out. Time will tell quickly.
How does trading a player actually hurt them? They just get someone else to pay their contract. Most times if you are looking to get a player through a trade, you believe they are good enough to warrant it. I have yet to see a team trade for a player and then say, ”You were a problem on the other team, so now that we have you, we are going to deactivate you for a season as a penalty.” The only negative for the player is if they have 2-3 years left and you send them to an awful team that will lessen his chances at a good next contract after 2-3 years on a crappy team with crappy stats.