• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Sign 2 Punters; Announce Other Moves

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers will have two punters active on Sunday in Kansas City. They will replace Pressley Harvin who won’t make the trip.

Corliss Waitman who was previously on the Steelers practice squad was signed off of New England’s practice squad to the 53 man roster. The team also signed punter Cameron Nizialek to the practice squad and elevated him to the active roster.

The team also announced that JC Hassenauer was activated to the 53 man roster after missing several weeks with an injury.

Running back Trey Edmunds, lineman Rashaad Coward, and linebacker John Simon have also been elevated to the 53 man roster. They will all revert back to the practice squad following the game.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

So Harvin’s dad passed away and they are letting him go back to be with his family during a hard holidays… but we will have 3 punters on the roster… 2 on the 53 man roster and 1 of the 2 eligible practice squad players… I’ve never heard of a team with three total punters between the active roster and practice squad before

My guess is Harvin is done for the year if his dad passed.
I certainly don't want to sound like a dick but that is crazy to me to think that.
I feel bad things like this happen. The Tuitt deal also. But who really does this?

So Harvin’s dad passed away and they are letting him go back to be with his family during a hard holidays… but we will have 3 punters on the roster… 2 on the 53 man roster and 1 of the 2 eligible practice squad players… I’ve never heard of a team with three total punters between the active roster and practice squad before
They plan on doing a lot of punting Sunday obviously.

I certainly don't want to sound like a dick but that is crazy to me to think that.
I feel bad things like this happen. The Tuitt deal also. But who really does this?
It is irrelevant how you feel. It is how the individual player happens to take the loss. If one needs some time off....so be it.

It is irrelevant how you feel. It is how the individual player happens to take the loss. If one needs some time off....so be it.
I understand that. I just can't really comprehend any type of business where this is ok to do. Maybe I need sensitivity training or something

Some tim
Some time off. A couple weeks? Sure. Six months? You’re going to have to get off the payroll. I believe Tuitt has been paid in full during his absence.

we all process things differently. when my dad died I was devastated, he was my step father but he was and still is the greatest man I have or ever will know. He made me feel like there was no way I could have been loved more even if he had been my biological father. that being said I missed a day and a half of work when he passed and I did a job where if I screwed up multiple people every day could have lost their life.

The difference for me I guess is I knew my dad would have wanted me to move on with life and not sit around being sad. He died in in 2004 and there has never been a day I haven't thought of him. my mom died in 2013 and I took three days, that doesn't mean I don't miss her I just push through because I know we all have to take that journey.

I have lost two sisters to cancer and one that was murdered. yes it sucks and yes there are still days that I feel the need to go out side and screem or days that I am sad but we have to continue to live life and for those that can't get on with life they need to seek help because it is not healthy to hang on that tight that long.

I understand that. I just can't really comprehend any type of business where this is ok to do. Maybe I need sensitivity training or something
Harvin I get. He is in his mid 20s. His dad passed. Without question he needs to be excused. Though the idea that they didn't have a guy on the PS ready to go under these circumstances is beyond belief. Tuitt, my sympathy well dried up many weeks ago. We all get losses. We all process them different. But 8-9 months. C'mon. I don't imagine any business paying you to grieve for 8-9 months. I'm sure his pain is real but getting out and being with people who care about you and being physical doing something you are supposed to love. That is therapeutic too.

Harvin I get. He is in his mid 20s. His dad passed. Without question he needs to be excused. Though the idea that they didn't have a guy on the PS ready to go under these circumstances is beyond belief. Tuitt, my sympathy well dried up many weeks ago. We all get losses. We all process them different. But 8-9 months. C'mon. I don't imagine any business paying you to grieve for 8-9 months. I'm sure his pain is real but getting out and being with people who care about you and being physical doing something you are supposed to love. That is therapeutic too.
I get this week. 100% Christmas time or not it is devastating losing a close family member. it is a horrible feeling. but we all go through it. we all deal with it in our own way. but the post I responded to originally basically said he is probably done for the rest of the year.

Most corporations or businesses have a set policy to deal with this. I cant think of a company that would just pay someone for a year over a death in the family

Some tim

Some time off. A couple weeks? Sure. Six months? You’re going to have to get off the payroll. I believe Tuitt has been paid in full during his absence.
Meh. Not my money. Doesn't bother me one way or another.

my heart breaks for the young man. Losing a parent is hard enough but losing them at Christmas time is terrible. Prayers to you and your family Pressley Harvin.

THIS

Losing someone is very difficult but to add it to a major holiday / aniversary / birthday / ect........ seems to make it even harder.

Blessings his way.

Salute the nation

How could you possibly not be more prepared and made moves before this. Like early in the week. They are gonna be throwing a guy out there to not only punt but hold. What a ****** circus.

Welcoe to our HOF coach's 101 escapade. It's like everything is a surprise.

I've always said PRO-action and not RE-action should be the norm for such a great coach.

Salute the nation

How could you possibly not be more prepared and made moves before this. Like early in the week. They are gonna be throwing a guy out there to not only punt but hold. What a ****** circus.
C’mon Sask. His Dad died this morning on Christmas. More prepared, how? His father has been terminal for several months, he degraded significantly within the last 48-72 hours. How could they know before Wednesda/Thursday? Colbert found the guy they had in camp who is familiar with holding for Boz’s kicks. Can’t ask for anything better on 24/48 hour notice.The other punter if Waitman kicks are poor. I know the Tomlin/Colbert dissatisfaction is there, but gheez……Payton called Brees and Philip Rivers a day or two ago to see if they would play, due to the Saints predicament. Now that’s not being prepared.

As much as I hate Tomlin how can anyone blame him.in this situation?

Obviously Harvin's dad's condition has been affecting his performance for some time. It's sad and unfortunate for him and his family, but it does provide an explanation as to why he suddenly seemed unable to punt very well this season.

I think this is a way to get to interview two punters for what should be the new Steelers starting punter for the rest of the year. I doubt someone who has back to back 27 yard punts is an NFL caliber punter.

C’mon Sask. His Dad died this morning on Christmas. More prepared, how? His father has been terminal for several months, he degraded significantly within the last 48-72 hours. How could they know before Wednesda/Thursday? Colbert found the guy they had in camp who is familiar with holding for Boz’s kicks. Can’t ask for anything better on 24/48 hour notice.The other punter if Waitman kicks are poor. I know the Tomlin/Colbert dissatisfaction is there, but gheez……Payton called Brees and Philip Rivers a day or two ago to see if they would play, due to the Saints predicament. Now that’s not being prepared.
The man's father was going to die. You have slap dicks on the PS. They had a punter on the PS. You had to have a plan in place that doesn't essentially involve trying guys out and have the first work with the team be in warm ups. Your punter could have got covid and been unable to punt at any point. Like I said cue the music, this is a ****** clown show.

Harvin may be done for the year... Waitman was signed off a practice squad so he has to be on a roster for 3 weeks I believe