• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign Commanders linebacker, Cole Holcomb

I'm not going to make a deal of it. It is what it is. But when someone says oh we traded Spillane for Holcomb...... have you dug into stats and combed film or are you saying they kinda look similar wink wink. Because I can tell you for sure looking at stats Holcomb's 2021 season was not Spillane.
I just said it because it is what it is...

We lost one player and acquired another at the same position...

Last edited:
I saw he’s from New Smyrna Beach. I visited there once. I remember thinking it was such a retirement community.
It totally is...and a lot of snooty nouveau upper-middle class folks too.

Jack and Holcomb start and draft too'too or Sewell as a future replacement for jack

I thought we were high on Robinson he was good when he got playing time. I think we have 3 decent ILBs now don't see us taking one high this year

For what it's worth, a few weeks ago I was at a function in DC and the skins strength and conditioning coach was there. We got to talking about Free agency and he said that this Holcomb guy would be a perfect fit for what the Steelers do on defense. He said this guy does not stop. granted this is not a DC or a LB coach, but still good to hear this.

For what it's worth, a few weeks ago I was at a function in DC and the skins strength and conditioning coach was there. We got to talking about Free agency and he said that this Holcomb guy would be a perfect fit for what the Steelers do on defense. He said this guy does not stop. granted this is not a DC or a LB coach, but still good to hear this.
Pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

Not a star, but the Steelers don't need a star at this position. Everything I read is he is exactly the type of player that will perform well in this defense and a good presence in the locker room. I hope he passes his physical.

I like these kind of conversations.

Our ILB-ing crew is better today than it was yesterday.

Salute the nation

I'm not going to make a deal of it. It is what it is. But when someone says oh we traded Spillane for Holcomb...... have you dug into stats and combed film or are you saying they kinda look similar wink wink. Because I can tell you for sure looking at stats Holcomb's 2021 season was not Spillane.
They're not "kinda similar." In fact, they were the exact same height (6012) and two pounds apart coming out of college. The difference is, Holcomb blows Spillane away in every combine category, resulting in lopsided Relative Athletic Scores that are not even in the same ballpark: 9.64 versus 1.97.

So if Holcomb is healthy, the Steelers have at the minimum made a serious upgrade in their athleticism at inside linebacker. And judging by that productive 2021 season, along with his green dot designation with Washington, it looks like Holcomb knows how to play the position.

I liked Spillane, but I love this signing.