• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Signed LB Myles Jack to Two-Year Contract

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nice move Steelers! So if we cut Scoebert after cutting Banner, anyone think we can sign Honey Badger?

Nice move Steelers! So if we cut Scoebert after cutting Banner, anyone think we can sign Honey Badger?
They probably need to get around (to cutting) Tuitt soon ....

I'd like to see what we paid for Myles Jack. Good move to get a quality ILB. They could add another and dump Devin Bust & Joe Schobert. Both of them are worthless!
16 mill for 2 yrs

I'd like to see what we paid for Myles Jack. Good move to get a quality ILB. They could add another and dump Devin Bust & Joe Schobert. Both of them are worthless!
They're already saying Schobert is being cut with this signing, it'd be funny if we cut Bush too and still end up getting Bobby Wagner lol

I think he will be out of their price range. He usually doesn't come cheap...

They're already saying Schobert is being cut with this signing, it'd be funny if we cut Bush too and still end up getting Bobby Wagner lol
Won't happen. They will give Bush this season to rebound.

Two points. He is a **** of a lot bigger than any ILB on the roster and how is he only 26. I remember hoping for this guy to be drafted but it felt like an ion ago. Oh and one more thing wtf is going on.

He is a **** of a lot bigger than any ILB on the roster and how is he only 26.

And he looks to be football fast. Not sure what his official 40 time was but the dude can move.

Saw this on another forum. Interesting take.

.. it's because we've actually seen him play instead of just looking at a stat sheet, but people always handwave away any opinion that runs contrary to their own as homerism. Jack has fantastic physical gifts and had a knack for making big plays for the Jaguars when they used him as the Will in a 4-3. When they swapped to a 3-4 and he was put into the Mike position, he looked lost, quit making huge plays, and has been one of the worst starting LBs in the league. His tackle numbers are because he was such an absolute mark in the passing game, teams kept throwing on him, and he couldn't stop it. It's why he has a ton of tackles but hardly any losses or pressures over the past two years.

People aren't freaking out over this signing because scheme matters. The only position the Steelers can put him in is the Mike position in a 3-4, the very same one he's been hot garbage at. Watt has the Will locked down, and Highsmith is the Sam, and the Sam wouldn't be a good spot for him either because he hasn't been capable of covering anyone for two years now. It's why this signing makes no sense. He has one spot on the Steelers he could actually be good-to-great at, but they already have an elite body there. They use him as a situational rush LB he could (and should) do well, but they are paying him to start. So what's the plan with him?

I saw he was released and was wondering if we would have interest. At first I thought this was a great move, but I do not think he is much of a cover guy. He has had 3 ints and 15 passes defended in 88 games. Does not seem like a fit for our D. In 5 more games Schobert had 10 ints, 30 passes defended and about 150 more tackles. Signing Jack and releasing Schobert seems like a lateral at best move.

I saw he was released and was wondering if we would have interest. At first I thought this was a great move, but I do not think he is much of a cover guy. He has had 3 ints and 15 passes defended in 88 games. Does not seem like a fit for our D. In 5 more games Schobert had 10 ints, 30 passes defended and about 150 more tackles. Signing Jack and releasing Schobert seems like a lateral at best move.
Uhuh.. I just think they moved him around too much. They had the guy everywhere and the kitchen sink.

Hard to say how a guy fits our scheme without seeing how they use him in our scheme.

I see it as an upgrade.

We shall see which way that pendulum swings.

😉

Uhuh.. I just think they moved him around too much. They had the guy everywhere and the kitchen sink.

Hard to say how a guy fits our scheme without seeing how they use him in our scheme.

I see it as an upgrade.

We shall see which way that pendulum swings.

😉
Hope that it works out. I know I was really high on Schobert and that was a bust

Hope that it works out. I know I was really high on Schobert and that was a bust
I wasn't that high on Schobert. Just thought he had a chance to do well in coverage. I think Jack easily shows more athletic on the field.

On tape he shows wide arrange of coverage capable. Joe didn't have that range. I think you will see that shine within the Steelers defense

Obviously each free agent comes with a certain risk. But I think he will show a change in scenery will rejuvenate his career.

Last edited:
Jack is what Devin Bush could be if he knew how to play LB.

What is the plan for Buddy Johnson? have they already given up on him? He didn't show much last year. Buddy is a tackling machine, not much in coverage. They probably drafted him to pair with Bush. Now with jack in the mix, if Buddy steps up in preseason, maybe Bush is on the trade block.

Saw this on another forum. Interesting take.-
Why is this guy trying so hard to fit the Steelers LBs into a 4-3 system while calling it a 3-4? I get that he has a take. We all do. But, it's kinda hard to take him seriously when he doesn't recognize the difference between a 3-4 alignment and a 4-3 alignment.

" The only position the Steelers can put him in is the Mike position in a 3-4, the very same one he's been hot garbage at. Watt has the Will locked down, and Highsmith is the Sam, and the Sam wouldn't be a good spot for him either because he hasn't been capable of covering anyone for two years now."

Mack, Sam, Will are 4-3 LB positions, not 3-4. Hell, we hardly run the 3-4 base anymore. But, when we do, I assume it would be Buck (Jack), Mack (Bush), ROLB (Highsmith), LOLB (Watt). So, I'm confused about what this guy is trying to say about Jack's play in a 3-4 at what would be our Buck position since he kinda skips over or doesn't recognize the fact that we would have 2 ILBs and 2 OLBs on our front 7.

Why is this guy trying so hard to fit the Steelers LBs into a 4-3 system while calling it a 3-4? I get that he has a take. We all do. But, it's kinda hard to take him seriously when he doesn't recognize the difference between a 3-4 alignment and a 4-3 alignment.

" The only position the Steelers can put him in is the Mike position in a 3-4, the very same one he's been hot garbage at. Watt has the Will locked down, and Highsmith is the Sam, and the Sam wouldn't be a good spot for him either because he hasn't been capable of covering anyone for two years now."

Mack, Sam, Will are 4-3 LB positions, not 3-4. Hell, we hardly run the 3-4 base anymore. But, when we do, I assume it would be Buck (Jack), Mack (Bush), ROLB (Highsmith), LOLB (Watt). So, I'm confused about what this guy is trying to say about Jack's play in a 3-4 at what would be our Buck position since he kinda skips over or doesn't recognize the fact that we would have 2 ILBs and 2 OLBs on our front 7.
He was trying hard to sell his case, but cooched it up. He also failed the mentioned how many total positions he played. They moved Jack all over in their D.

We get it he didn't make those splash plays last year and he has doubts. Just doesn't mean it translates to a different team different scheme.

Schobert could cover. But he was too slim. This guy packs some punch. It wasn't just Bush that was getting run over in the middle last year.