• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Broncos Wk2 Gameday Thread

Nice 1st half.

1) Down field passing

2) Passing over the middle

3). Washington used in the red zone / end zone

4) Run blocking has moved the ball, quite well

5) Good mixing of plays, their defense guessing

Salute the nation

Fields is having a really good game today. Had a big play called back to Pickens, a DPI prevented a big play to Jefferson, and a offensive pick prevented his second TD of the game.

Fields has all the talent in the world, but he has to learn how to play from behind... like Lamar he does well with a lead...

How can we get so many flags for so much different stuff and the Broncos with all our rushing have had what one flag. The last one Austin trying to get through and they crush him as far as Im concerned. I will say after watching four games at a time today the officiating is all over the place. WE deserved all of those ten points

If Fields can get his internal processing clock running a bit faster he could be really good.
Fields has all the talent in the world, but he has to learn how to play from behind... like Lamar he does well with a lead...
he hasn’t played with many of those in his NFL career.

Great first half guys and gals. Justin Fields making me look like a dummy…. He’s looking good. Russell who?

Bo started to look rattled. Go after him. I see 4 sacks coming up. Offence….keep the pedal to the metal. We have been starving for points for 4 years. Bring it on.

In my estimation it should be at least 17-0 and probably 21-0. Stupid penalties.

Your can see Arthur Smith has a real offense. It all fits together. Plays set up other plays. Defense has to think. Canada just had a collection of plays. Defense could plays fast and cheat because they had nothing to worry about in terms of misdirection.

Tomlin's coaching just might help in this area....lots and lots of experience in that area at times. :oops:

Looks like the Steelers want to go downfield but Denver is taking that away so Fields is taking the underneath stuff. They need another downfield threat besides Pickens. They should call around the league. Even if Roman Wilson comes back, he's not that kind of guy either.

If Fields can get his internal processing clock running a bit faster he could be really good.
he has all the tools. when he came here i thought he might have a shot to grow as a qb since he won't be burdened with having to carry an entire franchise. never really know how good some of these guys can be in different situations.

Looks like the Steelers want to go downfield but Denver is taking that away so Fields is taking the underneath stuff. They need another downfield threat besides Pickens. They should call around the league. Even if Roman Wilson comes back, he's not that kind of guy either.
well Jefferson had a step on his guy when he got the PI call

but yeah we need another deep threat

Really wish refs would stop with their garbage penalties when Pickens makes a great catch. The zebra morons - zorons? - have canceled two catches for 97 yards by Pickens, both on BS penalties.