• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vs Falcons 2024 wk 1 Gameday Thread

Fair point. He certainly feels something that he doesn’t need to feel. Honestly the Steelers are grooming him for the next 10 yrs, so he can just chill and learn.
Even in College he tried to do too much, but got away with it because of the talent level. He hasn’t learned to play within the game. The Bears didn’t break him of that, and Tomlin won’t either, because he is not a teacher.

Way to be a spectator on that play Broderick

Boz MVP

As good as you can play a 3rd and long on the road. Get the 3 and the lead.

I will say this. GP should never run the football, EVER. You can not run backward as a WR running the ball. That was a piss poor play by GP. At most it should have been a 3yrd loss.

Even in College he tried to do too much, but got away with it because of the talent level. He hasn’t learned to play within the game. The Bears didn’t break him of that, and Tomlin won’t either, because he is not a teacher.
What I don't understand is why you don't come out running with both your backs and Fields on designed runs. That would have slowed the Falcons pass rush down taking pressure off Fields. He has run of course but not on designed plays.

I want to see our offense try to attack a little bit. Hard to maintain a dink and dunk drive, even with a short field. Especially with a huge loss on a stupid reverse call.

Perhaps it’s me, but this offense looks kinda familiar.
I think it looks better just has not been executed well. We used play action, muth caught a ball, Pickens ran an in route i believe, we are using najee in the pass game but fields has missed him. With tht being said the run on 3rd and 6, the WR screen, and WR run were not good calls

I guess we are going to FG them to death. Seen this movie before. Puts a ton of pressure into on the D.
10 plays got 18 effing yards that last drive.

As good as you can play a 3rd and long on the road. Get the 3 and the lead.

I will say this. GP should never run the football, EVER. You can not run backward as a WR running the ball. That was a piss poor play by GP. At most it should have been a 3yrd loss.
Nope....settling dor a 50 yard FG is horrible. Thankfully Boz hit it. Hit both of them. I guess our third down play calling can only get better from here on out. And I am not saying to have went for the 1st....but a play to get more than 3 yards.

Yeah, they don’t trust Fields

Fields needed a total reset... it would have been better if he sat this season, relearned the position, and only got spot duty in blowouts or something...

Im afraid this game is going to lead to a poor longterm result because he will either win using bad habits or lose and start forcing things like Trubisky if he gets another shot

That's it Minkah!