• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Saints prediction thread

It was far too soon to put a rookie with a low ceiling in, but desperate times call for desperate measures

… so now we get to chew on rookie mistakes by a player with a low ceiling of “average at best” or “midrange NFL backup” (what the “experts” said about him) trying to compensate for a weak OL/run game and awful OC.

Thank you Mr. Tomlin can I have another??? Mmm, mmm good

Throw another log on the dumpster 🔥

It was far too soon to put a rookie with a low ceiling in, but desperate times call for desperate measures

… so now we get to chew on rookie mistakes by a player with a low ceiling of “average at best” or “midrange NFL backup” (what the “experts” said about him) trying to compensate for a weak OL/run game and awful OC.

Thank you Mr. Tomlin can I have another??? Mmm, mmm good

Throw another log on the dumpster 🔥
I don't think KP has HOFer written on him (but you never know) but I don't see him as a midrange backup either. Other than his small hands, he has what he needs to lead us to a lot of victories. With the right team around him, maybe even a championship. No way, am I writing a rookie off after a few games (or even a season or two) like so many on here already have. If he does end up being a bust in a couple of years, it will be laughable watching this forum. So many on here have no clue what it's like to go from QB to QB for 20 years until you find your next franchise QB as most teams do and as the Steelers did between Bradshaw and Ben. People on here are already ready to jump off the proverbial cliff and we aren't even halfway through one season without the best QB this team has ever had and only a few games into the infancy of our hopeful next 10+ year starting QB. If KP flames out in 3 years, most on here will get their wish as Tomlin probably won't get another contract offer since his current deal runs through the 2024 season. So, there is that but I'm certainly not hoping for KP to flame out. I'm hoping he ends up being closer to a HOFer than a mid-range backup like Rudolph has been.

Saints 18

Steelers 13

We need to see if Kenny can read the defense on his own. Throw down the middle. Move the ball inside 2 minutes. Right now all of that is handcuffed by Tomlin and Canada. So we really don't have a lot to evaluate him on.

Steelers- 16
Aints- 14

I feel good about this one. 21- good guys 17 - bad guys. Warren will run 1 in and we get a def touchdown

Steelers coming off a bye week (which they traditionally lose), at home, Watt is back, Aints on a short week and they’re not real good anyway. I predict a blowout.

Fighting Canaduhs 17
Aints 24

LOL at yinz picking the Steelers to score more than 20. What chu smokin, mon?

***Edited with Minkah out***

Last edited:
Steelers coming off a bye week (which they traditionally lose), at home, Watt is back, Aints on a short week and they’re not real good anyway. I predict a blowout.

Fighting Canaduhs 16
Aints 14

LOL at yinz picking the Steelers to score more than 20. What chu smokin, mon?

...just wishful thinking. I figure the defense scores 14 this week.

Tomlin continues his loosing ways vs the Saints. 2-7. And he has a losing overall record vs Saints.

Saints 24
Steelers 17

Tomlin continues his loosing ways vs the Saints. 2-7. And he has a losing overall record vs Saints.

Saints 24
Steelers 17
I bet you're looser.

Oh sorry I just thought it and the words followed.

Continue your loosing ways cooch, pardon the interruption.

At this point there's few teams I would pick to loose against the Steelers but the Saints are one of them. They're banged up, mediocre at best and coming of a short week and a bye week for us with Watt back.

Pittsburgh 24
Saints 13

Pickett 255 yrds, 2TDs and 0 interceptions.

I don't think KP has HOFer written on him (but you never know) but I don't see him as a midrange backup either. Other than his small hands, he has what he needs to lead us to a lot of victories. With the right team around him, maybe even a championship. No way, am I writing a rookie off after a few games (or even a season or two) like so many on here already have. If he does end up being a bust in a couple of years, it will be laughable watching this forum. So many on here have no clue what it's like to go from QB to QB for 20 years until you find your next franchise QB as most teams do and as the Steelers did between Bradshaw and Ben. People on here are already ready to jump off the proverbial cliff and we aren't even halfway through one season without the best QB this team has ever had and only a few games into the infancy of our hopeful next 10+ year starting QB. If KP flames out in 3 years, most on here will get their wish as Tomlin probably won't get another contract offer since his current deal runs through the 2024 season. So, there is that but I'm certainly not hoping for KP to flame out. I'm hoping he ends up being closer to a HOFer than a mid-range backup like Rudolph has been.
Right now he looks like a more mobile but inferior version of say…a Mason Rudolph

But it’s still early and Canada/Tomlin can definitely impact a situation

It’s super early, BUT
If he LEADS us to a top 3-5 pick and another shot at a franchise QB is available in a notably better class I am 100% open to the idea of shooting another shot at QB

Can’t overlook an actual elite QB prospect because you were desperate last draft and drafted Josh Rosen and still need one

Right now he looks like a more mobile but inferior version of say…a Mason Rudolph

But it’s still early and Canada/Tomlin can definitely impact a situation

It’s super early, BUT
If he LEADS us to a top 3-5 pick and another shot at a franchise QB is available in a notably better class I am 100% open to the idea of shooting another shot at QB

Can’t overlook an actual elite QB prospect because you were desperate last draft and drafted Josh Rosen and still need one
Thing is 3 top QBs showed recent chinks in their armor. Starting to lean towards there being no elite QB prospect in this year's class.

Thing is 3 top QBs showed recent chinks in their armor. Starting to lean towards there being no elite QB prospect in this year's class.
Just grab Drew Brees ver 2.0 in the mid-late rounds. It’s all fun and games until Stetson Bennett comes in and steals the hometown hero’s job

We need to see if Kenny can read the defense on his own. Throw down the middle. Move the ball inside 2 minutes. Right now all of that is handcuffed by Tomlin and Canada. So we really don't have a lot to evaluate him on.
True and Trubisky did the same in his 1st 3.5 games as the starter.

Two lackluster teams playing, each with six losses, but someone has to win. Ben was bad coming off a bye but was it him or the team. I'll go Steelers 20 Saints 17, if for no other reason than to ruin our draft pick next year. Of course, we'll probably waste at least one of them on a punter.