• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS Saints prediction thread

I don't think KP has HOFer written on him (but you never know) but I don't see him as a midrange backup either. Other than his small hands, he has what he needs to lead us to a lot of victories. With the right team around him, maybe even a championship. No way, am I writing a rookie off after a few games (or even a season or two) like so many on here already have. If he does end up being a bust in a couple of years, it will be laughable watching this forum. So many on here have no clue what it's like to go from QB to QB for 20 years until you find your next franchise QB as most teams do and as the Steelers did between Bradshaw and Ben. People on here are already ready to jump off the proverbial cliff and we aren't even halfway through one season without the best QB this team has ever had and only a few games into the infancy of our hopeful next 10+ year starting QB. If KP flames out in 3 years, most on here will get their wish as Tomlin probably won't get another contract offer since his current deal runs through the 2024 season. So, there is that but I'm certainly not hoping for KP to flame out. I'm hoping he ends up being closer to a HOFer than a mid-range backup like Rudolph has been.
The odds of going from a HOF QB in Ben to a 10+ year franchise guy in Pickett? Putting Kenny's game and skillset (or lack there of) aside, look how many teams in the league flounder from one next big hope to another at QB. Most Teams have never or will never have a guy like Ben. We have been spoiled for the last 18 seasons, now we will experience life in the NFL as it is for most teams.
If you think Pickett will step in and be the next franchise guy, I like your optimism, I also have a bridge to sell you. The statistical odds alone say its longer than a longshot in other words, never gonna happen.
Reality over rose colored glasses.
Anyone who thinks Pickett will be the next great Steeler QB are the exact same morons that screamed from the rooftops Conner will be just as good or better than Bell, or Juju is a team player and will be an upgrade over Brown. Doesn't work like that in the real world.
Special Talent is special for a reason.

Besides the impossible odds, Kenny has looked like garbage for the most part, maybe not league worst like the run game, but not nearly what people foolishly got excited about.

I'm just hoping to see some fight in them and the rookie QB make much needed improvements..
We need these 2 things to happen in a bad way...especially the 2nd item..

Really don't care about the final score...

The odds of going from a HOF QB in Ben to a 10+ year franchise guy in Pickett? Putting Kenny's game and skillset (or lack there of) aside, look how many teams in the league flounder from one next big hope to another at QB. Most Teams have never or will never have a guy like Ben. We have been spoiled for the last 18 seasons, now we will experience life in the NFL as it is for most teams.
If you think Pickett will step in and be the next franchise guy, I like your optimism, I also have a bridge to sell you. The statistical odds alone say its longer than a longshot in other words, never gonna happen.
Reality over rose colored glasses.
Anyone who thinks Pickett will be the next great Steeler QB are the exact same morons that screamed from the rooftops Conner will be just as good or better than Bell, or Juju is a team player and will be an upgrade over Brown. Doesn't work like that in the real world.
Special Talent is special for a reason.

Besides the impossible odds, Kenny has looked like garbage for the most part, maybe not league worst like the run game, but not nearly what people foolishly got excited about.
Did I say he was a franchise guy? I said exactly what you tried to repeat other than you mostly calling KP a bust without flat-out calling him a bust. I said "our next hopeful 10+ year QB" and talked about the people on here jumping off cliffs with KP after a few games when you need to give him more like 3 years to label him a bust. Teams very rarely go from one franchise QB to the next and some seem to never really have one. We went 2 decades. I hope we don't do that again. I do hope KP can play well with a good team around him for 10+ years and maybe win a SB. That would be great but extremely rare.

Did I say he was a franchise guy? I said exactly what you tried to repeat other than you mostly calling KP a bust without flat-out calling him a bust. I said "our next hopeful 10+ year QB" and talked about the people on here jumping off cliffs with KP after a few games when you need to give him more like 3 years to label him a bust. Teams very rarely go from one franchise QB to the next and some seem to never really have one. We went 2 decades. I hope we don't do that again. I do hope KP can play well with a good team around him for 10+ years and maybe win a SB. That would be great but extremely rare.

Brett Favre to Arron Rogers, Joe Montana to Steve young is two I can think of, but you are right........... FEW and far between.

Salute the nation

Brett Favre to Arron Rogers, Joe Montana to Steve young is two I can think of, but you are right........... FEW and far between.

Salute the nation
The Chargers. They always have a good/great QBs

Top 5 Passers:
Rivers
Fouts
Hadl
Humprhies
Brees
and now Herbert, who is going to start climbing that leader board.

Not to mention stints with Flutie, Unitas, Jim McMahon, Jack Kemp and BJT Billie Joe Tolliver. Decent QBs.

Salute the nation
and neither of those 2 were both drafted by the same team. Manning and Luck with the Colts maybe

iu

In my lower back on Sunday. It's the peak of leaf raking season.

Saints 23
Steelers 9
You’re not that old where raking leafs hurts the back……..right?

Watt's playing?? Hopefully they have him on a "pitch count".
I think both teams stink, and it's a toss up. For some reason I expect more scoring than usual. Steelers, 29-22

This is one of those games where the Steelers should win the game coming off a bye and playing against a two-win team.
It's not.....

saints 16
steelers 13

Like the rest of you I sure would like to see some improvements in the O. I am hoping Kenny takes a step forward, especially inside the red zone. He has definitely showed a touch of panic here. This week off has had to do some good. At least you would think. I think Kenny and the Steelers will do fine this game.

Did you know our longest scoring TD pass is 8 ******* yards this season? Mitch to Pat game two. 8 ******* yards.

Ingram is out. Lattimore is out. Lineman and Tackle out. Their top tackler by far, Pete Werner out. It’s high time to open up the play book. NO is ranked 29th in points against. TJ is back. Time to be positive.

Steelers 27
Saints 20.

27-17 Saints help us march on to a top 3 Overall pick

I hear yaz SteveA and my prediction was 5-12 pick. I'm just curious as to when the STEELERS actually had a top 10 pick ? Top 5?

Salute the nation

Watt's playing?? Hopefully they have him on a "pitch count".
I think both teams stink, and it's a toss up. For some reason I expect more scoring than usual. Steelers, 29-22

WATT says he's a full go and no pitch count, or snap count. :)

Salute the nation

At this point I don’t think anyone can honestly say what the Steelers have in Pickett. I think he and the rest of the offense have been held back by the scheme/coaching/play calling. If the Steelers ran a normal offense that utilized the whole field, incorporated a scheme that played to the strengths of the players on the field and could actually establish a running game, I think you’d know a lot more. But the Steelers do none of that and until they do, I think they are likely to struggle further. Not just Pickett, but all of them.

WATT says he's a full go and no pitch count, or snap count. :)

Salute the nation
A reason to watch!!!

Pretty sad when we’re a home dog to a pos 3-6 Saints squad, that’s just embarrassing Shades

What’s even worse is I’m not sure TAKING points at home vs a crap 3-6 team is a smart play

Is this where we start to unleash hell?

I hear yaz SteveA and my prediction was 5-12 pick. I'm just curious as to when the STEELERS actually had a top 10 pick ? Top 5?

Salute the nation
The Steelers last top 5 pick was 1970. They selected Terry Bradshaw #1 overall. Since then, their highest pick was #7 in 1989 when they selected Tim Worley. They had top 10 picks in 2000 (Burress), and 2019 (Bush), but they traded into the top 10 in 2019.

EDIT: I missed a top 10 in 1971 (Frank Lewis at 8) and 1986 (John Reinstra at 9).

Last edited:
A reason to watch!!!

Pretty sad when we’re a home dog to a pos 3-6 Saints squad, that’s just embarrassing Shades

What’s even worse is I’m not sure TAKING points at home vs a crap 3-6 team is a smart play

Is this where we start to unleash hell?

There is something that needs to be "UNLEASHED" but it is in the coaching ranks................................

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Steelers will score 24 points and Tomlin will call that progress.

Saints 33

Steelers 24

The Steelers last top 5 pick was 1970. They selected Terry Bradshaw #1 overall. Since then, their highest pick was #7 in 1989 when they selected Tim Worley. They had top 10 picks in 2000 (Burress), and 2019 (Bush), but they traded into the top 10 in 2019.

EDIT: I missed a top 10 in 1971 (Frank Lewis at 8) and 1986 (John Reinstra at 9).

Thank you SIR and that shows my point of quite frankly.......... The STEELERS have been able to maintain a standard without the "TOP 10" picks that many other teams have been through. It shows a lot of special that our latest HOF qaurterback truly has been. Don't get me wrong as all the players / coaches of past have contributed to this, including oach Tomlin to a degree.

I think Tomlin is slipping as I've never felt the degree of wasefullness that is felt today.

In comparison to the browns multiple top 10 picks yet still not able to capitalize, I sure hope the steelers are NOTheaded down that factory of sadness road.

Salute the nation

I don't understand the Pickett looks like a bust talk already. Not only is he handcuffed in an offensive scheme that is the equivalent of running full speed with your head down at a brick wall repeatedly expecting to open a hole, but he was also neglected important aspects of what makes his game abilities shine.

Let me explain. This supposed "QB competition" which was never an actual thing prevented Pickett from getting barely any first team reps (if any). Pickett thrives on timing, anticipation, and rhythm. Throughout camp, preseason, and weekly practices during the season Pickett was never with the first team. During the season his reps in practice were even more limited as the backup. It's hard to ask a kid to get the timing and anticipation down with his WRs that he has had little to no practice with. That takes a lot of reps, alot of time, and trust building between a QB and his receivers. We've seen this lack of relationship between QB and receiver as there has been notable examples of miscommunication between Pickett and DJ for example. He's basically learning in live action key things like, "how fast does this guy take to get to the throw spot", "how quickly does he get depth", "how does he read the coverage on an option route", "where does this receiver prefer the ball to be placed on any given throw".

I'll bet these two weeks have been very helpful for him and hopefully we see some growth in his relationship with the guys he's throwing to. This season is no longer about winning, it's about the growth and development of Pickett, and getting acquainted with the guys he's throwing to so he can show those great skills of rhythm, timing, anticipation, and accuracy

I'm just listing winners as this isn't my thread and just hope it's OK

Criteria
If you didn't pick winning team you are out
Differential total 21-11=2
NO PRIZES

1st place tie Steelhurt 24-11=5..........Aussie Steeler 22-13=5................MTC 21-14=5

2nd place tie TDX27 20-17=7.......Frosty 17-14=7..........KStilly 24-13=7..............ExUSAF 20-17=7

3rd pace tie FordFairlane 16-14=8........BLITZ 21-17=8

Honorable Mention without the Honor
Lunar picked a tie 16-16 but didn't designate the winner................... think about that one for a moment.............. He is just looking for attention or just lost soul.......

A catagory of their own "special" making
Stewey had 5 but failed to pick which B & G was winner
Stryker had 4 but like Stewey failed to pick which B & G was winner

Thanks to all who participated except those who didn't pick the STEELERSto win....................... J/K

Salute the nation

Last edited: