• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Texans pick em thread.

Steelers 37
Texans 17

We smoke the TEXASSES with the same score they smacked the JAGSOFFS

Pickens makes it easy as 1-2-3...123 yards....49 on a Jet Sweep TD to piss Ya'll off cause Canada stays another week

Last edited:
B&G-27
Texans-16

Pickens-78

The Offense slowly but surely improving. The OLine just like last year,improves slowly game after game. It takes a bit of time.
A few takeaways set us up.
Improving or just faced a less capable D?

We'll see I am not too convinced that the coaching will right the ship.

I have faith that our team can and will come out of there with a “W”.

I have little faith that ANYONE will be caught saying “we out-coached the Texans”.

Salute the nation

Improving or just faced a less capable D?

We'll see I am not too convinced that the coaching will right the ship.
Definitely facing a less capable D. Especially with a young QB. But with that comes experience. As much as I think he’s an idiot, Canada called a better game against the Raiders. I thought the Oline was a hair better. We have a long way to go,and at this stage I just want some improvement and maximum effort.
Like it or not I think we are stuck with our current coaches. I don’t even blame Canada anymore. Tomlin hired him, Tomlin has obviously okayed and as HC implements the scheme more so than the OC. The buck stops at him.

I keep on thinking..... be patient with Kenny. There are so many current examples of QB’s taking 2-3 seasons. Let’s hope the lights go on as I admit his tunnel vision and accuracy concern me.
When a QB grows it’s not coincidental that the Oline grows with him. Put in our #1 pick. If Kenny and him are our future get them playing together. Now is the time. Mistakes will be made. Let them learn from each other.

It’s why I’ve been yelling for a top young centre for Years now. I would have taken John Micheal Scmitz last draft or the kid from Michigan who went later. A centre and his QB have such a strong bond. Growing together.

It’s been 6 years since we have won a playoff game. Patience is not a Steelers fans strong suit. I personally have not thought the coaching will get us over the hump since the Tebow playoff game. The things I saw then I still see now.
I just don't get how they can’t see how stagnant and Mickey Mouse this offense has been for over 4 years now. Coaching is supposed to improve a team. Not hold it back.

I like the Texans in this game for two reasons. 1) This is exactly the type of game a Steelers team with a tiny bit of momentum should win but will lose. 2) Matt Canada.

Texans 22

Steelers 16

Pickens 59 yards

Definitely facing a less capable D. Especially with a young QB. But with that comes experience. As much as I think he’s an idiot, Canada called a better game against the Raiders. I thought the Oline was a hair better. We have a long way to go,and at this stage I just want some improvement and maximum effort.
Like it or not I think we are stuck with our current coaches. I don’t even blame Canada anymore. Tomlin hired him, Tomlin has obviously okayed and as HC implements the scheme more so than the OC. The buck stops at him.

I keep on thinking..... be patient with Kenny. There are so many current examples of QB’s taking 2-3 seasons. Let’s hope the lights go on as I admit his tunnel vision and accuracy concern me.
When a QB grows it’s not coincidental that the Oline grows with him. Put in our #1 pick. If Kenny and him are our future get them playing together. Now is the time. Mistakes will be made. Let them learn from each other.

It’s why I’ve been yelling for a top young center for Years now. I would have taken John Micheal Scmitz last draft or the kid from Michigan who went later. A centre and his QB have such a strong bond. Growing together.

It’s been 6 years since we have won a playoff game. Patience is not a Steelers fans strong suit. I personally have not thought the coaching will get us over the hump since the Tebow playoff game. The things I saw then I still see now.
I just don't get how they can’t see how stagnant and Mickey Mouse this offense has been for over 4 years now. Coaching is supposed to improve a team. Not hold it back.
Yeah I actually was more impressed with his accuracy last season,seems to have taken a dip this season. He is going to have to clean up his foot work. I think his accuracy will improve when his happy feet lessens. He just needs a boost of confidence. The O-line improving could provide that.

I like the Texans in this game for two reasons. 1) This is exactly the type of game a Steelers team with a tiny bit of momentum should win but will lose. 2) Matt Canada.

Texans 22

Steelers 16

Pickens 59 yards
I don't think anyone on this board will be shocked if your right, pissed and SOS yes. I just think they're due to win a game on the road that we're favored despite my reservations due to past history with this coaching staff.

Texans 22

Steelers 16

Pickens 59 yards
:jump:Sarge, have you picked the Steelers to win any game so far this year?

Stillers 28
Them 20

Pickens 98.6 yards

:jump:Sarge, have you picked the Steelers to win any game so far this year?

Stillers 28
Them 20

Pickens 98.6 yards
I did. Last week. I picked them 20-18 over the Raiders.

With my track record, when I pick them to win, they usually lose, and when I pick them to lose, they usually win. Last week was an outlier.

In other words, I'm wrong a lot.

I did. Last week. I picked them 20-18 over the Raiders.

With my track record, when I pick them to win, they usually lose, and when I pick them to lose, they usually win. Last week was an outlier.

In other words, I'm wrong a lot.
Plus this game isn't predicated on how many times a poster picks against the Steelers. If they aren't confident they choose what they are confident in.

Judging by seasons past it is reasonable to pick against the Steelers a little less than 50 percent of the time...

Plus this game isn't predicated on how many times a poster picks against the Steelers. If they aren't confident they choose what they are confident in.

Judging by seasons past it is reasonable to pick against the Steelers a little less than 50 percent of the time...
I usually just go week to week. In this case though, the Steelers won a prime-time road game. They SHOULD win against the Texans. And that is why I don't think they will. Seen the Steelers lose just this type of game many times over the years.

I have yet to ever pick against my beloved STEELERS, just not in me.

Salute the nation

We have been waiting four games to see Steelers play loser, play good football. We had a taste last week lets step it up this week.

Steelers20 Houston 17

BACON is preferred over armadillo.

Salute the nation
Armadillo-Eggs-683x1024.png