• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs Texans pick em thread.

Not me either but don't fault those who do. 😉
It's hard to pick against the Steelers, but it can be done.

But not today.

William Pitt 24
Sam Houston 16

Until now I never clearly understood why Pittsburgh was named after a British Prime Minister who had never been there.
Prior to the Revolutionary War was the French and Indian war. British General Forbes named the area to honor Pitt.

He (Pitt) is also known for his popular appeal, his opposition to corruption in government, his support for the American position in the run-up to the American Revolutionary War

Oh well, I guess that a good enough reason to keep the name.

You would have thought that George Washington who had a huge presence in Pittsburgh would have expunged all British names after defeating the British.
Pittsburgh could have been Washington.

Last edited:
Armadillo-Eggs-683x1024.png

I didn’t say anything about the “Combo” package…………………

I hope you are doing good up there to the north. I hope you are prepared to have you country name doubled, because once I get the paperwork filed, you will be getting a second one there. Canada O’Canada will be the official name as he is famous and needs a new home. He is about to be tarred and feathered and sent north, to your house.

Salute the nation

Can hit the side of a barn KP8, All World TJ, 3-punters rostered, 2-TE whose service is available……… 26

tougher than expected, Texas Tea-baggers, better than our’s OC, good field condition…………………. 19

Pickens 119, 1 TD……… 256yards rushing off JET sweeps (8TDs but 7 don’t count)

Tie Breaker- Picken’s total yardage for game…………… 112

Salute the nation

Ok haven't done a prediction yet this year as I tend to be a jinx but going to do it any way.
We finally break 30 points and Win with some offense after Canada falls down the stairs and can't call the plays.
Stillers 32 - Not the Oilers 14
Pickens 105 2 TD.

Really difficult to even guess on this one. I'll say Steelers 30-19

Pickens gets 113

I didn’t say anything about the “Combo” package…………………

I hope you are doing good up there to the north. I hope you are prepared to have you country name doubled, because once I get the paperwork filed, you will be getting a second one there. Canada O’Canada will be the official name as he is famous and needs a new home. He is about to be tarred and feathered and sent north, to your house.

Salute the nation
I will give you the local landfill site ..........seems more appropriate

this all starts with the OLine. They cannot protect. Kenny is rushed to everything. And when he isnt rushed, he throws the long ball short and its picked. This offense is just really not good. No one can get open. HOU can get Schultz wide open up the middle and gain 29 yards. We cannot get the ball to Friermuth except when the defender is right there next to him in the backfield.

Honestly, Im beginning to wonder if Kenny has what it takes. I cant decide if its him or this pitiful OLine.

We cut Kendrick Green and he is starting in HOU. Yes, I know HOU has had a lot of injuries but our OLine is terrible and he is a cast off of our OLine program and now he is starting on another team who seems to be as good and probably better than the Steelers are. I just wonder who is analyzing the Steelers talent.

another gash for 19 yards. This defense is not elite. They may make elite salaries but they are not elite as a whole.

AND another 1 play first down for HOU. This is going to be a blowout.

:jump:Sarge, have you picked the Steelers to win any game so far this year?

Stillers 28
Them 20

Pickens 98.6 yards
THIS is why I am reluctant to pick the Steelers to win. I saw nothing today that shows me that I should. Team is just awful. Period.

THIS is why I am reluctant to pick the Steelers to win. I saw nothing today that shows me that I should. Team is just awful. Period.
I saw it as a possiblity, just sucked seeing it turn into a reality.

So, who won? Did anyone else pick the steelers to lose?

I will look over it tomorrow. Today's prize is that you made it through the game without self inducing into a coma or going into cardiac arrest.

I did but I wasn’t the closest. Heck, I may not pick them to win another game this year.