• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Window Is Now; Go All In For Rodgers

Y'all crack me up. when the team that Cowher had developed started to leave, this team went to ****. We had a HOF quarterback surrounded by a group of players that Tomlin tried to develop, how many SB's did that net us. If you think Rodgers is going to come in here and magically carry us to the promised land you need to get a grip. The only thing Rodgers is going to do for this team is put us in cap hell then ride off into the sunset with millions of steeler dollars.

I don't know if Jesus himself could lead this team to the promised land, at least not while we keep the same status quo attitude that suffocates this team.

also as my last point of contention; Rodgers is literally only a few months younger than Ben. how long will he hold up behind this line. Ben was great because he was one of the toughest QB's to ever play this game, Rodgers aint Ben. He may be mobile but like Mike Tyson said "everyone's got a plan till they get punched in the mouth"
No QB is going to lock us into a SB. You have to have a supporting cast to accomplish that. Thing is you can either be competitive or well not be competitive. It is that simple.

I prefer the team get to that point. Or try to. I don't think of when the odds are long the approach should be **** it the team isn't getting anywhere let's not do ****.

Not sure how that is entertaining. Or even watchable without being painful to watch.

Delusion runs wild as everyone looks into the abyss of Steeler football without Ben and with Tomlin at the helm.
There is no aspect of the team that is better since the team was last in the SB after the 2010 season.
Shades has had 12 years to get back and never come close.
3 playoff wins in 12 seasons, two of them against backup QB's, and all that got us was a date with Br*dy and Belicheat who kicked our *** as usual.
I'm sure Shades is trying his best but what we have is simply as good as he knows how to be.

There is no aspect of the team that is better since the team was last in the SB after the 2010 season.
3 playoff wins in 12 seasons, two of them against backup QB's, and all that got us was a date with Br*dy and Belicheat who kicked our *** as usual.
I'm sure Shades is trying his best but what we have is simply as good as he knows how to be.

I can't disagree with that....and now finding out he is calling defensive plays and maybe more, this isn't good.

Don't take the brown acid. It gives you hallucinations the team will sniff the sb with the current administration and that some old overpriced qb is the key to complete team excellence.

Aaron Rogers in all his years in the league has been to one SB and if not for Ben throwing a pick six, killing another drive with an int, then Mendenhall’s fumble, we win and Rogers has zero SB wins.
Point being, he’s won nothing except the gift we gave the Packers in the 2011 SB. He has a better team in GB with better coaching so why would anyone think he comes here and takes this team to a SB? We are not a big name QB away from a SB. Way too many holes plus still have Tomlin.
That int is in kemoeatu

That int is in kemoeatu
I disagree with you! Kemo missed the block but he didn’t throw that ball. Ben could have thrown the ball away, taken a sack but he didn’t.

And pay the price for a decade. There is no window with the current coaching staff. Build pieces till the Rooneys ****** wake up.
**** a front running ***** like Rodgers. Team him with Tomlin and we go no where and mortgage the future for a choke artist.

You take those three plays out and the Steelers win. Not saying Rogers is not a franchise QB but Ben and Mendenhall helped that day.
This has nothing to do with comparing Ben and Rodgers it’s pointing out some facts about that game,
Rodgers will not get this team to a SB. He couldn’t get past the Niners with a better team in GB with better coaching.
Lol. You are still making me laugh. Take those 3 plays out? The most important plays. How do you just take them out? Have you been watching Back to the Future again?

I guess against Arizona you take out James Harrison great int for TD And Ben’s great TD pass to Holmes. Should we take those plays out too? Lol. Thanks for the laughs.

Lol. You are still making me laugh. Take those 3 plays out? The most important plays. How do you just take them out? Have you been watching Back to the Future again?

I guess against Arizona you take out James Harrison great int for TD And Ben’s great TD pass to Holmes. Should we take those plays out too? Lol. Thanks for the laughs.
That’s not what I’m saying. That game could have gone either way but for three big mistakes from the Steelers. Those were crucial game changing plays. One a pick six helping a team quarterbacked by Rogers who doesn’t need any of our help from our offense. The second int when we were driving killed a potential scoring drive. Mendenhall fumble kills another potential scoring drive.
You can say that in almost any game focusing on certain plays but those were huge plays.
It’s not that I’m saying you take them out but they were three critical plays that caused that loss.

See, what I read when I look at that article is "No matter how much it ***** over the team in the long hail, we MUST ensure Mike Tomlin isn't exposed as a **** coach when he doesn't have a H.O.F. QB bailing him out."

Packers made the pick 6. Packers intercepted Ben to kill a drive. LBer Matthews blew up Mendenhall to force the fumble. Yep, they made the plays but we helped make those plays possible. No one made Ben throw from deep in his own territory or throw the interception killing a drive. That’s on Ben!
Mendenhall’s fumble was a good hit by Clay Matthews pure and simple.
Just saying those three plays cost us the win.
Just to be clear... So it's "on Ben" when an interception happens, but Mendenhall is free & clear because ... Mathews?

Sure. Ok.
Or, maybe the Steelers were driving for the go-ahead score after being down big, and by scoring they almost certainly break the Packer's will, but Mendenhall ****** up and failed to secure the ball on a critical play.
Maybe he too was a major factor, even the most important factor, in the loss.

Nah! Ben sucks. We need Rodgers!
Nevermind Ben is only months older, has a better win %, more SBs, and has done all that with a coach so ******* dumb the only way he can appear somewhat competent is purposefully hiring DUMBER guys THEN telling them he'll do their job anyway. (Then blaming them and ultimately forcing them out when HIS teams suck epic donkey balls.)

I disagree with you! Kemo missed the block but he didn’t throw that ball. Ben could have thrown the ball away, taken a sack but he didn’t.
you mean like Mendenhall could have juked right & scored a TD?

Lol the people getting mad at my story crack me up. It's the off-season. It's nothing more than a discussion point. That's what we do on a message board.

Truly sucks, huh?

Take the sack? For a safety? Watch the replay. Throwing the ball away, okay, but take the sack?

Lol the people getting mad at my story crack me up. It's the off-season. It's nothing more than a discussion point. That's what we do on a message board.
I don't think anyone was mad at your story, it was just people debating Aaron. I thought is was a good topic minus moving Green to G. Too undersized to man that position.

NO!! why mortgage the draft capital for a guy who is on his way out of the league in a few years?

Once more unless he is willing to come here for a giant discount then absolutely not…. I don’t understand why people think hed be better here with a lesser cast around him…

If we trade draft picks then there is little chance of getting quality OL up-grade. If no OL upgrade Arron will be broken piece of the puzzle.

Salute the nation

Rodgers isn’t coming in to save the day. Too many holes to fill. We would need a true WR1, a completely different Oline, ILB’s, DT, and CB’s and then MAYBE we can win a Super Bowl. What it would take to get Rodgers is a ton of draft capital and cap space that would eat up from bringing anyone in and drafting anyone to help. All that would be left is not much different than what we have now and a team that will suck for the next 10 years because we didn’t have any picks.

Personally I would rather roll with Rudolph and bring in quality players with what little cap space we have and have Colbert save his best draft for last. Then try and make the change at QB next year through the draft or a free agent/trade.

I keep saying it. It is just crazy to even think of trying to grab one of these higher priced FA QB's. We will be giving away draft capital and cap space. We need both to continue to rebuild the OL, rebuild the DL, add another WR, add another legit ILB, add CB help, pay Minkah, pay DJ, keep Witherspoon, and pay our other FA's that we might want to keep. If we grab a top end QB, we do none of this. It will take years to be able to recover from that in cap space and in the draft. It is just a flat out dumb move for the team and organization moving forward. They finally need to take this chance to solidify this team for the future.

And, we have no window. Sure, we have Watt, Minkah, Najee and Muuth but nothing else. We have to build around them and that will take a couple years. We should be able to draft a legit 1st round QB next year or the year after. We might even have the team in position that we could trade up into the top 10 (if we aren't there on our own) to get one of the top QB's. None of the QB's in this draft would be higher than maybe the 4th or 5th QB in the past few draft classes. Don't reach in the 1st round. It's almost as bad as trying to bring in Rodgers, Wilson or similar.

Just to be clear... So it's "on Ben" when an interception happens, but Mendenhall is free & clear because ... Mathews?

Sure. Ok.
Or, maybe the Steelers were driving for the go-ahead score after being down big, and by scoring they almost certainly break the Packer's will, but Mendenhall ****** up and failed to secure the ball on a critical play.
Maybe he too was a major factor, even the most important factor, in the loss.

Nah! Ben sucks. We need Rodgers!
Nevermind Ben is only months older, has a better win %, more SBs, and has done all that with a coach so ******* dumb the only way he can appear somewhat competent is purposefully hiring DUMBER guys THEN telling them he'll do their job anyway. (Then blaming them and ultimately forcing them out when HIS teams suck epic donkey balls.)
Wiggy, your reading into something not there. They both screwed up. Ben and Mendenhall. Ben throws the pick that he he shouldn't have thrown the ball from deep in his territory and Mendenhall should have been protecting the ball better. Yes, stuff leads into interceptions and fumbles, of course. Kemo's missed block contributed to Ben's int. but he shouldn't have tried to make that play. Matthews went unblocked and stuck Mendenhall but he's got to protect ball better. Ben's int. to kill a drive not sure what happened, could have been a missed route, overthrow, bad route run, but there are always circumstances around bad plays just like good plays. No one is attacking Ben here.