• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Window Is Now; Go All In For Rodgers

you mean like Mendenhall could have juked right & scored a TD?
Not sure what point you are making here Wiggy. This thread is about the window shut and that Rodgers wouldn't make a difference with this current team. And I began by saying what the hell has he won other than the gifted SB we helped give them with three horrible plays. No one is say Ben or Rodgers are not great QB's, they are. I'm merely pointing out that three crucial plays in that game were the difference. You know yourself many a SB's were blowouts in the past. You knew watching those games that one team was superior than the other and never a doubt who was going to win, but that Steeler/GB game could have gone either way, same with the Steeler/Cards game. You have three crucial mistakes by the Steelers in that Packers win and it cost us. No on e is beating up Ben or exonerating Mendenhall, they both made screw ups and there were some circumstances behind those, but not taking the plays away but pointing out how they made the difference in a close game. The SB against the Cards was similar but we didn't make the mistakes it was more on the Cards. Warner throwing the pick six before half that Harrison retuned like 99 yards was a huge **** up by Warner in that game. Were their circumstances, of course. Maybe his receiver ran the incorrect route, maybe Warner just didn't see Harrison, but they are a few plays within tight games that make all the difference.

I think there's a key point a lot of people are missing. To win a Super Bowl you have to win a playoff game. We had Ben playing while he was still on top of his game and haven't even been close for 6 years. Aaron Rodgers in his last years is going to magically come here and fix that?

C'mon man!

Take the sack? For a safety? Watch the replay. Throwing the ball away, okay, but take the sack?
With Bens being able to escape at that time in his career, he most likely doesn't get taken down for a safety. Probably the safest thing would have been to throw it away but I suppose Ben thought he could connect with Wallace for a big play so I get that. And I'm not raging on Ben, jeez the guy was responsible for most of the success for this organization. Just in tight games there are always those plays that define the outcome. That's all!

Rogers has won 1 Super Bowl for Green Bay and that was 11 years ago. Paying 1 player 45 million doesn't allow you to have the players around someone
to have a good chance to get there. Stafford, I believe, was only a 21 mil cap hit to Rams.

Wiggy, your reading into something not there. They both screwed up. Ben and Mendenhall. Ben throws the pick that he he shouldn't have thrown the ball from deep in his territory and Mendenhall should have been protecting the ball better. Yes, stuff leads into interceptions and fumbles, of course. Kemo's missed block contributed to Ben's int. but he shouldn't have tried to make that play. Matthews went unblocked and stuck Mendenhall but he's got to protect ball better. Ben's int. to kill a drive not sure what happened, could have been a missed route, overthrow, bad route run, but there are always circumstances around bad plays just like good plays. No one is attacking Ben here.
So you are getting Wiggy with it. Nah nah nah nah...
nah

Both Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers lost their first game in the playoffs this year. Green Bay had a better team.

How would going from a soon to be 40 year old Ben to a 38 year old Aaron help us?

HOW??????

This CRAZY fetish for Aaron Rodgers has to stop.

The defender deflected the pass

I understand that, but he was saying to take the sack. If Ben wouldn't have wound it up, he would've taken a safety as he dropped back and was in the EZ when he threw it.

Both Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers lost their first game in the playoffs this year. Green Bay had a better team.

How would going from a soon to be 40 year old Ben to a 38 year old Aaron help us?

HOW??????

So hold out on the jersey for now then?

Rodgers is a front running ***** who quits when the going gets tough. Hard pass.

I understand that, but he was saying to take the sack. If Ben wouldn't have wound it up, he would've taken a safety as he dropped back and was in the EZ when he threw it.
I was agreeing with you but I replied the message incomplete. He thought he still had a window to throw, we are talking about milliseconds here, kemo just let him through.

Gotcha.

THis team is in trouble. First off we refuse to acknowledge that we need to rebuild. Lets examine this.

We have a offensive coordinator that nobody is really sure about his scheme or what it truly entails cause we haven't seen it yet. We do not know what it will truly take for this scheme to work and then we don't know if it will work in the NFL. Next we have nobody solid on the roster as QB. When Mason Rudolph is your best QB on the roster that's a problem. Receiver is another serious question mark. Juju is most likely gone and while he is not a true number 1 all around he is the best receiver on this roster. Dionate has flashes of brilliance but he quits on plays way too easily and always has the dropsies rear its head in the season (its happened enough times now that it is a concern for him going forward. Then there is Mr maturity Chase Claypool who not only regressed as a player but also as a adult. Next the elephant in the room, the O line. out of the entire roster there might be 2 starters (being very generous right now). Friermuth is a Plus for sure and Najee probably can be but you need the other pieces for Najee to be viable. If the offensive scheme is a problem, or the lIne is a problem and receivers are a issue no running back will flourish.

Do you see what i am getting at here? i didn't even touch on defensive needs, coaching needs and culture issues. You go get a player like rodgers if your one player away from winning it all. And even then its questionable if you mortgage that much of your future for 1 player close to 40!!

From the top all the way down to the fans we are in denial about this team. We are in a rebuild regardless of what the owner and the Coach say. The facts state otherwise. When you have more problems and holes than a draft or two will fill even if you draft perfectly and get a all star with every pick we still have more to go. Thats a rebuild. The worst part is its going to take even longer to rebuild simply cause we will not acknowledge it and keep attacking the issue from the wrong mindset (thinking we can get a player or two and compete). Yeah we can compete for a better draft pick next year thats really the truth of it. This team is a ways away from competing with upper echelon of NFL teams right now.

HOW??????

Eh not really. We have no say so with these types of matters.
Except maybe for Coolie. He's quite influential.

With Bens being able to escape at that time in his career, he most likely doesn't get taken down for a safety. Probably the safest thing would have been to throw it away but I suppose Ben thought he could connect with Wallace for a big play so I get that. And I'm not raging on Ben, jeez the guy was responsible for most of the success for this organization. Just in tight games there are always those plays that define the outcome. That's all!
I understand what you're saying, don't know why no one else can.
We don't commit those **** ups and Rogers may not have won any SB's. Simple.

Yeah Mendenhall got blown up, but our O line letting a defender through untouched doesn't give Mendy a pass.
Running backs get blown up a lot and don't fumble. His job is to secure the ball.

However, with Ben, he was already in the endzone. He had committed throwing that ball to Wallace before it was snapped. He was hit causing the ball to be underthrown.
It being only 1st and 10 the safer throw would have been to Mendy coming out of the backfield. It looked like Mendy had a lot of real estate in front of him.

Watch at 0 :56

If you pause at 1:01 you'll be able to see Mendy open. Marsha would have thrown it to Mendy;)

Last edited: