• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Super Bowl ————- what’s for SuppeR

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What the hellA is everybody making for supper or Super Bowl food ?

I’m making Crock-pot Lasagna, easy peezy, but very good.

I going to try and watch the full game, but it will depend on several factors………….

1) Lunar wants a case of Spatan beer delivered to his house before gaMe, I left at 4 am on the BT50 to get it delivered in time (May have to resort to “driver-less mode)

2) Paul G needs mental help, so we have a telecom. For 10:30 MT, also his favorite initials.

3) I also have to do Swifty’s hair before game time…………….

Salute the nation

Any special ingredients in that lasagna?

We are just ordering from Mama meatballs. I will get either the buffalo ranch chicken salad or the gyro salad (comes with fries on top). Have a football shaped cookie cake for dessert. Probably will have a shock top to wash it down...

Lunch is fresh Crappie.
Dinner - I started a beef stew in crackpot this morning. All garden veggies from summer fall and a beef roast.
Then doing a Spinach artichoke dip, Buffalo chicken dip, and Buffalo cauliflower.

I’m going to do bone in chicken thighs with scalloped potatoes and red cabbage German style.
nothing too exotic,but delicious. Making a couple batches of peanut butter cookies.

I made these chicken thighs last week rubbed with olive oil and a bunch of spices,in the air fryer. I can’t believe how delicious they are in that air fryer. I rarely use my oven anymore. From boiled eggs to banana bread. Easily the best kitchen thing to come out in years.

Did you brine or rub it?

Always curious on people's approaches.

Had some Capocollo last week that was delicious...
Sounds like a personal question to me ..... what someone does to their butt inside the sanctity of their own home is their business.......just saying

Nephews new wife’s family owns a local movie theatre. Invited us to watch game on the “ultimate” big screen 🤣. Wife frying up some wings, family all are chipping something in pot lock. It’s a “Dry” party 🤬 so it better be a good game!

Pork loin chops with a medium garlic glaze
Sweet Potato Kayaks (DIC tribute) roasted sweet potato halves with olive oil .... flesh then pulled out and mixed with butter, black pepper, green onions ...put it back in the kayak boat and top with sour cream and also cream style corn as a side

wife wants me to make a creamy Avocado dressing from scratch sometime today .... we will see how that works out

late night snack ..... SALT & PEPPER chicken wings

Bon Appetit fellas

Sounds like a personal question to me ..... what someone does to their butt inside the sanctity of their own home is their business.......just saying
Oh we get real personal around heah.

Did you brine or rub it?

Always curious on people's approaches.

Had some Capocollo last week that was delicious...

Trog always rubs his butt………

Salute the nation

Pork loin chops with a medium garlic glaze
Sweet Potato Kayaks (DIC tribute) roasted sweet potato halves with olive oil .... flesh then pulled out and mixed with butter, black pepper, green onions ...put it back in the kayak boat and top with sour cream and also cream style corn as a side

wife wants me to make a creamy Avocado dressing from scratch sometime today .... we will see how that works out

late night snack ..... SALT & PEPPER chicken wings

Bon Appetit fellas
Flesh?

I thought we weren't doing the personal thing?

Any special ingredients in that lasagna?

We are just ordering from Mama meatballs. I will get either the buffalo ranch chicken salad or the gyro salad (comes with fries on top). Have a football shaped cookie cake for dessert. Probably will have a shock top to wash it down...

No, nothing special

Here’s a cooking “HACK” though—————

To get that broken up fine meat (hamburger or sausage), use a hand potato masher and work it once you have it cooked. It breaks it up real good and makes great for lasagna or taco meat etc…..

Salute the nation

Probably pasta and sausage from the half-pig we bought. Have an invite to my bud's brewpub for ribs and beer but we just had dinner there last night and I don't know if I want to drive 10 miles back today.

No, nothing special

Here’s a cooking “HACK” though—————

To get that broken up fine meat (hamburger or sausage), use a hand potato masher and work it once you have it cooked. It breaks it up real good and makes great for lasagna or taco meat etc…..

Salute the nation
You know we are getting old ......... when you have to hand mash ground hamburger meat before eating it ....... puree or dentures .........what we have to look forward to

We're having Korean style BBQ chicken thighs and rice... leftover rice will be used for fried rice tomorrow.
Homemade chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies to nibble on after dinner.

Probably pasta and sausage from the half-pig we bought. Have an invite to my bud's brewpub for ribs and beer but we just had dinner there last night and I don't know if I want to drive 10 miles back today.
A Good Rack .......and Ribs are worth WALKING 10 miles for ......

Going to a party. I’m bringing some chili I got started at 8am today. As for my app, made a nice 7 layer dip that is more like 9 layers. Lol

I wanted to do this, but given I already dropped 90 on chili and dip ingredients I said nah.