• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Suspension for Freirmuth hit

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that during the game. I thought the NFL had a team watching for those hits during the game and would call down to the ref for a penalty or to review for targeting. He definitely lowered his head and dove at Muuuth's head. The NFL got this one right after the fact.

Just in time for the chief's game...

churchladyhowconvenientgif.gif

Just in time for the chief's game...

churchladyhowconvenientgif.gif

The league might want to mitigate the coincidences that keep helping out KC... even if not intentional, it looks bad...

Hell the PI and non PI calls in back to back weeks make it really look like they are catering to them... thats bad for business.. teenage girls are not gonna be hardcore fans like the gamblers are... dont piss off tge gamblers.. thats how sports die

I saw that during the game. I thought the NFL had a team watching for those hits during the game and would call down to the ref for a penalty or to review for targeting. He definitely lowered his head and dove at Muuuth's head. The NFL got this one right after the fact.
You have to consider the perp also..

88 is very fortunate he didn’t suffer another concussion ..that world of been devastating to the young man that struggles with a delicate cranium ..

The announcer stated it was Derwin's 2nd PF. I thought that was an automatic sit down in a game, unless they were alluding to another this season.

I think is was another to this season. I'm going out of memory but thought that was his first at that time of the game.

At least there is a consequence to action, helps keep other teams from thinking STEELERS players are free game.

Salute the nation

They made the call on the field. It was right.

Here's my question - why didn't he get the same punishment as Kazee???

The league might want to mitigate the coincidences that keep helping out KC... even if not intentional, it looks bad...

Hell the PI and non PI calls in back to back weeks make it really look like they are catering to them... thats bad for business.. teenage girls are not gonna be hardcore fans like the gamblers are... dont piss off tge gamblers.. thats how sports die

I just want them to call everything equal on all or remove the rule. Pretty simple.
Stop slanting the damn games.

I just want them to call everything equal on all or remove the rule. Pretty simple.
Stop slanting the damn games.

T'aint happening to much $$$denar$$$ at stake to call a fair game.

The good O'l days of integrity / fairness / best team wins, has turned into manipulating games to keep viewers for the ratings and money tilt.

Salute the nation

T'aint happening to much $$$denar$$$ at stake to call a fair game.

The good O'l days of integrity / fairness / best team wins, has turned into manipulating games to keep viewers for the ratings and money tilt.

Salute the nation

I know. It just makes me feel better saying it.
It's just a massive sports "entertainment " buisness now and nothing more.

The promotion of gambling and fantasy football was the final nail in the coffin.

At least that's my perspective.

The promotion of gambling and fantasy football was the final nail in the coffin.

Same here, I’m thankful I got to experience the sport when it was still a sport.

Fantasy football was a huge start to the end, but don’t forget the entire cheatriots syndrome. Not just the headlines, but the cheating before they got caught and the consequences of that continual cheating and not being caught.

The money / mob has always been an influence, but not as of late as the NFL is married to the gambling. The manipulation of games is a reality so I don’t look at it as nothing more than a smile when the STEELERS win and a frown when they lose.

Steelr4evr, take what you can for your enjoyment and don’t sweat the rest. ALSO, thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Same here, I’m thankful I got to experience the sport when it was still a sport.

Fantasy football was a huge start to the end, but don’t forget the entire cheatriots syndrome. Not just the headlines, but the cheating before they got caught and the consequences of that continual cheating and not being caught.

The money / mob has always been an influence, but not as of late as the NFL is married to the gambling. The manipulation of games is a reality so I don’t look at it as nothing more than a smile when the STEELERS win and a frown when they lose.

Steelr4evr, take what you can for your enjoyment and don’t sweat the rest. ALSO, thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Yeah,I enjoy it for what it is. Which this last Sunday after halftime IS exactly what I enjoy most, and that's seeing an opponent tap out.... we'll that and them winning superbowls...lol

Now that’s it’s all about entertainment

Can we get 3-4 more weeks of the most entertaining pressers in football, we need more Mike come playoff time for entertainment’s sake