• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Swept By the Bungles: Tomlin’s Lack of Vision and Inability To Lead Is More Detrimental Than Ben’s Lack of Arm

If you could care less about being blocked that is more in line with you aren't here to talk football. That is what the rest of the fans are here to do. If you truly don't care I am sure your stay will be a short one. Otherwise try to talk football and worry less what a man's beard looks like.
We have a coach that can't coach and spends more time and effort in his attire than on the game that is the point.i am tired of his huckster bullshitting act and it starts with his sideline image and overall to seem more than to be. Is that simple enough for you ?

We have a coach that can't coach and spends more time and effort in his attire than on the game that is the point.i am tired of his huckster bullshitting act and it starts with his sideline image and overall to seem more than to be. Is that simple enough for you ?
You have no idea how much time the man spends on his attire. I would think it is less to do with other deficiencies related to you know coaching. Like his inability to be able to make adjustments in line with his lack of X and O fundamentals. That is what is simple enough for me. I do know he spends long hours in the office from various reports....which would further back up my claim. From his wife's account he often wears the same clothes gets them washed at the head quarters then takes them off to wear the next day further backing up my claim. Simple enough for you?

Yet another thread beating a dead horse. Tomlin isn't leaving until he wants to. Like it or not that is the way it is. Those that don't like it might as well find a new team because it ain't changing no matter how much people ***** about it.

This

and the personal attachs are a little overboard as well, he isn'tchanging his appearance for some clown on a message board.

Salute the nation

Yep. We have a "coach" that would be a better fit on a Leveon Bell rap album than he would his actual job.

You have no idea how much time the man spends on his attire. I would think it is less to do with other deficiencies related to you know coaching. Like his inability to be able to make adjustments in line with his lack of X and O fundamentals. That is what is simple enough for me. I do know he spends long hours in the office from various reports....which would further back up my claim. From his wife's account he often wears the same clothes gets them washed at the head quarters then takes them off to wear the next day further backing up my claim. Simple enough for you?
His wife is a liberal piece f ****. Everything Tomlin does s calculated and the scarf was a nice touch today ? Simple enough for you? He spends countless hours at the office, great. Unfortunately he lacks the brains and skill to actually do some coaching and make in game adjustments, etc but damn that ugly beard is dope.

This

and the personal attachs are a little overboard as well, he isn'tchanging his appearance for some clown on a message board.

Salute the nation

He should try to actually coach instead of worrying about his look. Funny how this clown knows he will fail and can call out his plays pre snap to an irritatingly high rate. Wonder what other coaches think of the bullshitting phoney ?

Ben's arm is not the problem. He has plenty of zip on his throws. The new OC Matt Canada is really handcuffed Ben to the point he can't even audible out of a play call. The 4th down vs the Chargers at the Goal Line was the perfect example of that. The look Ben gave the coaching staff after it failed was all I needed to see. Typically Ben would audible out of that. Canada right now is being given way too much power over a Veteran QB who won 2 Super Bowls.

His wife is a liberal piece f ****. Everything Tomlin does s calculated and the scarf was a nice touch today ? Simple enough for you? He spends countless hours at the office, great. Unfortunately he lacks the brains and skill to actually do some coaching and make in game adjustments, etc but damn that ugly beard is dope.
You definitely have simple down pat. Let's not start on the man's wife or even better keep politics where they belong. Oh a scarf man that is just crazy.🙄 He must have spent countless of hours wrapping it around his neck.😵. I have a feeling you are wrapped a little too tightly. How do you like your mans beard a little more trimmed?

Seriously. I actually read this garbage. / Not directed at you Slash.

The 4th down vs the Chargers at the Goal Line was the perfect example of that. The look Ben gave the coaching staff after it failed was all I needed to see. Typically Ben would audible out of that. Canada right now is being given way too much power over a Veteran QB who won 2 Super Bowls.
x5W4saE.jpg

Ben's arm is not the problem. He has plenty of zip on his throws. The new OC Matt Canada is really handcuffed Ben to the point he can't even audible out of a play call. The 4th down vs the Chargers at the Goal Line was the perfect example of that. The look Ben gave the coaching staff after it failed was all I needed to see. Typically Ben would audible out of that. Canada right now is being given way too much power over a Veteran QB who won 2 Super Bowls.
Hopefully Cantaduh is shown the door too during the post-season if not before. Another brilliant move/promotion by Cool Daddy T.

You definitely have simple down pat. Let's not start on the man's wife or even better keep politics where they belong. Oh a scarf man that is just crazy.🙄 He must have spent countless of hours wrapping it around his neck.😵. I have a feeling you are wrapped a little too tightly. How do you like your mans beard a little more trimmed?
I wish he would tighten it so tight he would pass out and miss the games. Simple is your boy Mike and his abysmal coaching.

I wish he would tighten it so tight he would pass out and miss the games. Simple is your boy Mike and his abysmal coaching.
Well until Rooney replaces him we are stuck with him. He isn't my boy I prefer an X and O coach. I just prefer to bash the real culprits of the teams inadequacies. For some reason a beard and scarf isn't high up on the list. Bad coaching yeah that is more accurate. I hope for a different coach but don't wish for bad things to happen to him other than a firing.

He is a coach who: doesn’t believe in stats/probabilities and instead trusts his gut, values splash plays over consistency, claims to not care about athletic metrics but has a strong affinity for explosive athletes who can’t play football. His philosophy is focused primarily on moving forward and not dwelling on past mistakes (which is where real learning can happen). What an odd combination. He admittedly is not introspective and that is where you actually learn That’s how we got here

But hey he is Cool Shades for a reason.

Look ... I have waffled on the Tomlin train a LONG time. I became a Steelers fan in the early 80s (at least that is when I remember becoming a fan), very young at the time, and I have been a part of the "consistency is a tradition and strength" group for a long time but also, as well, have spent a lot of time seeing the league change over a long'ish period of time. Absent the extremely rare situation of putting a Brady and Belicheck together, longevity is mostly dead. It is a win now and/or win in windows league. Free agency has killed a large part of player loyalty (I am not saying that is wrong, I am just saying what it is) and coach stability is no longer coveted by most (players, teams or fans). What is coveted is the win. Sometimes good coaches exceed their time in a location, whether part, none or all their fault.

At this point, in a win now world, Tomlin is no longer effective for this team. Butler and Canada never were. This is a team where ownership lives in a time that no longer exists. It is time to move on. It is time for the hard decisions. And that doesn't mean Tomlin 1000% sucks or even that it will work out for Pittsburgh. It just means things are different now. And the Steelers failure to adjust has given them an awful long time of mediocrity (at best).

The oddity here is that the Tomlin/coach loving fans can be right ... and still be wrong. That the coach hating/bitching fans can be wrong ... and still be right. In a win now league one thing is clear ... if you aren't winning (and I don't mean "non-losing seasons") it is best for the teams, the coaches and the fans to reshuffle the deck.

Look ... I have waffled on the Tomlin train a LONG time. I became a Steelers fan in the early 80s (at least that is when I remember becoming a fan), very young at the time, and I have been a part of the "consistency is a tradition and strength" group for a long time but also, as well, have spent a lot of time seeing the league change over a long'ish period of time. Absent the extremely rare situation of putting a Brady and Belicheck together, longevity is mostly dead. It is a win now and/or win in windows league. Free agency has killed a large part of player loyalty (I am not saying that is wrong, I am just saying what it is) and coach stability is no longer coveted by most (players, teams or fans). What is coveted is the win. Sometimes good coaches exceed their time in a location, whether part, none or all their fault.

At this point, in a win now world, Tomlin is no longer effective for this team. Butler and Canada never were. This is a team where ownership lives in a time that no longer exists. It is time to move on. It is time for the hard decisions. And that doesn't mean Tomlin 1000% sucks or even that it will work out for Pittsburgh. It just means things are different now. And the Steelers failure to adjust has given them an awful long time of mediocrity (at best).

The oddity here is that the Tomlin/coach loving fans can be right ... and still be wrong. That the coach hating/bitching fans can be wrong ... and still be right. In a win now league one thing is clear ... if you aren't winning (and I don't mean "non-losing seasons") it is best for the teams, the coaches and the fans to reshuffle the deck.

I mostly agree but I think it's generous of you to suggest that Tomlin doesn't 1000% suck. The man is awful, incompetent and he has no business being our head coach.

To your point, fast forward to 2022 and imagine our decision makers consisting of Cool Daddy T, Cantaduh, and Rudolph. What a huge slap in the face that would be to the fanbase. Should this be the case, it's time for Rooney to ride off into the sunset himself. He "should" have a sense of obligation to do what's in the best interest of this organization, not to be loyal to ongoing, substandard mediocrity.

We are finally at the end of an era where even the blindest of fans can cite Tomlin never having a losing season, or the wild claims of him being a top 5 coach that other teams would kill for, as an excuse as to why we shouldn’t part with him. Without someone else to build his team, savvy coordinators to design a game plan, and a HOF QB able to throw 50 yard bombs, we have a “leader” at the helm that possesses the aptitude and ability of that of Hue Jackson.

We are now armed with enough knowledge to know that, even if the O-Line was fixed, even if Roethlisberger was given more control of the play-calling, and even if we weren’t plagued by injuries on defense, we would still have Tomlin choosing to punt on 4th and a centimeter when down by 10 points with 2 mins remaining. We would still have our “coach” going for 2 when it is completely unnecessary. That same leader would hire inept coordinators to ensure that he doesn’t expose his own inabilities any more that is already blatantly evident to most. The use of the challenge flag? Need I even say more?

It’s time for Rooney to step up or for Tomlin to simply step down. This is an embarrassment with no end in sight as long as Cool Daddy Shades is allowed to continue turning everything into **** that he touches. If we're being real, it's been this way since the beginning with him. It's just never been more obvious than it is right now.
It's closing time,open all the gates
Let the stench of Steeler failure fade
Closing time,the Steelers showed up but not the great run defense
Since it got ran over by 200 yards
Show the light to every Steeler fan boy or girl

Closing time,one last chance for alcohol
Finish your beer and get the stink out of PBS east

I know you wanted to beat the Bengals-- but you can't
I know you wanted to beat the Bengals--but you can't
I know you wanted to beat the bengal--but you can't
but you can't
but you can't LOL

So, gather up your jackets, pick up your yeungling
I hope you have found a friend in Jack Daniels
Closing time, maybe next year
Cause this year is done for you.

PS at least beat the Stains and be good for something

Sad a fanbase that can't handle a possibility of one season of not being 8-8 and not winning is willing to throw everyone under the bus far as coaching staff that gave decades of success----pathethic privileged fanbase you are.

Last edited:
It's closing time,open all the gates
Let the stench of Steeler failure fade
Closing time,the Steelers showed up but not the great run defense
Since it got ran over by 200 yards
Show the light to every Steeler fan boy or girl

Closing time,one last chance for alcohol
Finish your beer and get the stink out of PBS east

I know you wanted to beat the Bengals-- but you can't
I know you wanted to beat the Bengals--but you can't
I know you wanted to beat the bengal--but you can't
but you can't
but you can't LOL

So, gather up your jackets, pick up your yeungling
I hope you have found a friend in Jack Daniels
Closing time, maybe next year
Cause this year is done for you.

PS at least beat the Stains and be good for something

Sad a fanbase that can't handle a possibility of one season of not being 8-8 and not winning is willing to throw everyone under the bus far as coaching staff that gave decades of success----pathethic privileged fanbase you are.
Cool post. Mmmkay, then
close-door-the-office.gif

We are finally at the end of an era where even the blindest of fans can cite Tomlin never having a losing season, or the wild claims of him being a top 5 coach that other teams would kill for, as an excuse as to why we shouldn’t part with him. Without someone else to build his team, savvy coordinators to design a game plan, and a HOF QB able to throw 50 yard bombs, we have a “leader” at the helm that possesses the aptitude and ability of that of Hue Jackson.

We are now armed with enough knowledge to know that, even if the O-Line was fixed, even if Roethlisberger was given more control of the play-calling, and even if we weren’t plagued by injuries on defense, we would still have Tomlin choosing to punt on 4th and a centimeter when down by 10 points with 2 mins remaining. We would still have our “coach” going for 2 when it is completely unnecessary. That same leader would hire inept coordinators to ensure that he doesn’t expose his own inabilities any more that is already blatantly evident to most. The use of the challenge flag? Need I even say more?

It’s time for Rooney to step up or for Tomlin to simply step down. This is an embarrassment with no end in sight as long as Cool Daddy Shades is allowed to continue turning everything into **** that he touches. If we're being real, it's been this way since the beginning with him. It's just never been more obvious than it is right now.

Several times when the camera panned to him during the game, he had the look of a man with no plan and someone that was being exposed as the incompetent that he is and always has been. Rooney owes it to the fanbase to stop the bleeding. The wound can't heal with Tomlin and his lack of leadership, lack of strategy, and lack of solutions.

Yep. This is the **** show that you get when you hire someone who was never worthy of the job to begin with and couple that with him being more interested in being one of the “boys” than an actual coach or mentor. Rooney owes it to the organization, the fans, and his family to purge the albatross this off-season.
Ah ha! Looks like BurgettsBob slipped through Coolie’s troll filter.

Now he is sporting that ugly long beard to go with his shades and fat gut. Classy look

You never heard of the "playoff beard" ??

I'm still amazed how Ben's name continues to be the problem with a team that has so many weaknesses. Still mazed that comment by sports media is Ben Ben Ben. When in reality it starts with the coaches, defense that has nothing, receivers that cannot get open, a line that allows Ben zero time to find any receiver but the first he sees. I hate to say it just the games I watched after the Steelers just shows how bad we are, Lack of desire or heart, no crispness in any play defense or offense, no physicality at all compared to other teams. I guess the epidemy of this team is watching the **** play of Watt on the QB and Claypoole face mask when getting the game handed to you. Make plays to win not lok like the thugs of the NBA

I'm still amazed how Ben's name continues to be the problem with a team that has so many weaknesses. Still mazed that comment by sports media is Ben Ben Ben. When in reality it starts with the coaches, defense that has nothing, receivers that cannot get open, a line that allows Ben zero time to find any receiver but the first he sees. I hate to say it just the games I watched after the Steelers just shows how bad we are, Lack of desire or heart, no crispness in any play defense or offense, no physicality at all compared to other teams. I guess the epidemy of this team is watching the **** play of Watt on the QB and Claypoole face mask when getting the game handed to you. Make plays to win not lok like the thugs of the NBA
Ben is a main problem because he limits the offensive scheme. The problem is magnified because the Steelers have a bottom 5 offensive line.

Ben is a main problem because he limits the offensive scheme. The problem is magnified because the Steelers have a bottom 5 offensive line.
And let's be real, it's even further magnified by the fact that we have a bottom 5 head coach.

However, in an effort to show that he's on top of it, I'm sure that Cool Daddy Shades will end up firing a couple of coordinators this offseason and replace them with the guy that installed his new rims on his Cadillac ESV, or the guy at his local barber shop. We'll hear how the latter has a proven track record of being able to run a tight "fade".

To be fair here… bungals have about 20 top ten picks which tops out as top 2nd round picks, 3rd round picks… the league has weighted the draft to help ****** teams and hurt good teams… but that being said the coaching staff has become stale… teams know what we’re trying to do better than we do.. it’s time to except we play a 4man line and put 4 real defensive lineman on the line… let watt do what he does but time to take ownership of line of scrimmage… and it’s time for new paradigm on offense… teams like the 9ers get off the bus running the ball and that’s how you run the ball… we had a rookie line and Canada just like randy before him kept the short passing game… it’s been horribly ugly just as it was under randy.. in the front office… you can’t blow draft picks like bush, Davis, etc… you have to have a better strategy for getting talent. You can’t just be drafting at the bottom of the rounds year after year and think your going to compete with teams that seem to always be drafting at the top every other year… bad thing is we are dead men walking… its been going and will continue to be a slow dealth by a million short passes like the 50 passes we threw against the lions aaarrrggghhh… going to be painful to watch our Steelers descend into the bottom of the barrel, take 20years and a dozen kent Graham’s before we replace Ben… long live Ben!!!