• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ted Cruz: I will vote for Donald Trump

I'm glad that Ted finally came around. I was a Cruz guy to begin with and was very disappointing when he fell apart then went back on his signed pledge. There's still a bunch of Rhino's out there that need a good *** whoopin' though. Kinda leads credence to the old axiom that there is little real difference in the two party's once they get accustomed to the job. Any Republican that would vote for Hillary needs to be drummed out of the party once and for all.

Here's a couple right off the bat.

Mitt Romney: NAY
The party’s 2012 nominee, one of Trump’s staunchest critics during the primary, told The Wall Street Journal, “I wanted my grandkids to see that I simply couldn’t ignore what Mr. Trump was saying and doing, which revealed a character and temperament unfit for the leader of the free world.”

Jeb Bush: ( Didn't he sign a pledge?) NAY
The former Florida governor and presidential candidate came to detest Trump during the campaign. In April, he said he would not attend the Republican National Convention. He now says he will not vote for either Trump or Clinton. (May 6, 2016)

Lindsey Graham: NAY
The South Carolina senator and former presidential candidate blasted Trump following the nominee’s attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, saying fellow Republicans should withdraw their endorsements. “This is the most un-American thing from a politician since Joe McCarthy,” he said. “If anybody was looking for an off-ramp, this is probably it. There’ll come a time when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary.” (June 7, 2016)

Larry Pressler: NAY
A moderate and former three-term senator from South Dakota, Pressler has endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. (June 14, 2016)

Mark Kirk: NAY (was YEA)
The Illinois senator, one of this year’s most endangered incumbents, says he will write in Colin Powell for president. (August 11, 2016)

Jeff Flake: NAY
The Arizona senator says he cannot at this point back Trump. “It’s uncomfortable not having endorsed the Republican nominee, I have to say,” he said. “But I can’t at this point. I hope to be able to support the nominee. I certainly can't right now.” (June 7, 2016)

John Kasich: ( after signing a pledge) SOFT NAY
The Ohio governor and final Republican challenger to leave the race has not entirely slammed the door on backing Trump, but he said he cannot do so now. “We’ll see where it ends up. I’m not making any final decision yet, but at this point, I just can’t do it,” he said. (June 16, 2016)

Chris Shays: NAY
A longtime moderate Republican U.S. representative from Connecticut who lost his seat in 2008, Shays has endorsed Hillary Clinton. “I think many Republicans know Donald Trump could cause great damage to our country and the world at large, and still plan to vote for him.

Hank Paulson: .In fact almost ALL the Cabinet Members and Political Appointees under Bush don't want the gravy train to end...NAY..
Paulson, who served as Treasury secretary under George W. Bush and was previously CEO of Goldman Sachs, assailed Trump’s judgment and business acumen in a Washington Post column. “I will not vote for Donald Trump. I will not cast a write-in vote,” Paulson wrote. “I’ll be voting for Hillary Clinton, with the hope that she can bring Americans together to do the things necessary to strengthen our economy, our environment and our place in the world. To my Republican friends: I know I’m not alone.” (June 24, 2016)

Richard Armitage: NAY
Condoleezza Rice: ABSTAIN
Hank Paulson: NAY
Michael Chertoff: NAY
Tom Ridge: NAY
William Ruckelshaus: NAY
George P. Shultz: NAY
William Reilly: NAY
Robert Zoellick: NAY
Robert Gates: NAY

Here's one that surprised me..

Glenn Beck: NAY
Beck, the talker who was a Cruz backer, has remained steadfastly opposed to Trump since he became the presumptive nominee. He says Trump cannot win.

Meg Whitman: NAY
The CEO of HP, who ran for California governor in 2010, says she will vote for Hillary Clinton, calling Trump a “dishonest demagogue” who has “undermined the character of the nation.” “I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her,” she told The New York Times. Whitman’s announcement isn’t a total surprise—she suggested at a Romney-hosted confab in June she might back Clinton—but is striking, since she was finance chair for a Republican presidential candidate, Chris Christie, this year. (August 3, 2016)

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...s-stand-on-donald-trump-a-cheat-sheet/481449/

These Naysayers want Hilary over Trump at expense of great damage to the nation. Most are politically dead anyway. Screw them, and if Trump loses I hope many blast them.

More like, "After months of prayer, reflection and examination of my own financial and career self interest, I have decided to vote for Donald Trump". Politicians......

I'd push to vote every single nay out of office. It needs to be done anyway with the fake republicans . Hildabeast bring people together?...hahahaahaha. Not in a million years. That's one mean twisted ***** who feels she is owed the presidency.

Politicians will ALWAYS stick together to preserve their own self interests, to hell with the country or people who voted for them

There are more imposters on the Republican side than on the Left. These three are part and parcel to that coalition of RINO's that can be counted on to stab a conservative in the back from time to time.

7 Weeks Before Election, Republicans Help Advance Another Obama Judicial Nominee

As President Barack Obama’s time in office nears its end, the Senate Judiciary Committee has advanced another one of his judicial nominees toward a lifetime post. She may not get to the finish line, though.

While the Senate has entered that part of the political calendar when confirmations traditionally halt, the Judiciary Committee on Thursday voted 13-7 to advance the nomination of U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The cadence of judicial nominations customarily follows what’s known as the Thurmond-Leahy rule. The rule, a longstanding gentleman’s agreement among senators, prohibits confirmations of new judgeship's in the months before a presidential election.

Still, Democrats seem intent on getting Koh confirmed regardless of the Thurmond rule.

Every Democrat on the Judiciary Committee voted to advance Koh’s nomination. Three Republicans joined them: Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Jeff Flake of Arizona.
http://dailysignal.com/2016/09/19/7...CZUpOeXNnTHVoRHdhd0pITFlPTEtxV3hhdElqQT0ifQ==

You can add others to this list also, like Susan Collins for instance, but the fact remains that the Republicans have some serious house cleaning to do.