• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thanks to new rule Steelers may only keep 2 QBs on roster

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I just read they have changed the 3rd QB rule again this year to allow a player on the practice squad to elevated to the emergency 3rd QB and to be done so an unlimited number of times. I think tis means most teams will carry only 2 QB's on the active roster as they can keep the third on the practice squad. This will save a valuable slot for another position.

I just read they have changed the 3rd QB rule again this year to allow a player on the practice squad to elevated to the emergency 3rd QB and to be done so an unlimited number of times. I think tis means most teams will carry only 2 QB's on the active roster as they can keep the third on the practice squad. This will save a valuable slot for another position.
Honestly, i have long argued a team should have 4 qbs under contract... its a ridiculously important position and teams skimp there all the time.... injuries are pretty commonplace...

Are the limited protected player numbers the same?