• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Chinese are coming! Trump to meet China's Xi in Florida next week

Spike

Reaction score
China has confirmed the dates of President Xi Jinping's trip to the US to meet his counterpart Donald Trump. They will meet at Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on 6 and 7 April. Trade will be a major issue for the leaders of the world's two biggest economies, as will the thorny matter of North Korea.

Ministry spokesman Lu Kang made the announcement at a daily news briefing.

He did not give any more details of the meeting agenda but spoke of the need to see the big picture while fostering mutual interests in trade relations.

"The market dictates that interests between our two countries are structured so that you will always have me and I will always have you," Lu said.

"Both sides should work together to make the cake of mutual interest bigger and not simply seek fairer distribution," he said in response to a question about trade frictions.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ended a trip to Asia this month in Beijing, agreeing to work together with China on North Korea and stressing Trump's desire to enhance understanding.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/30/chinas-xi-to-meet-trump-in-florida-next-week.html

Please Trump don't mention General tsos chicken, please Trump don't mention general tsos chicken
ken..............

20140328-general-tsos-chicken-recipe-food-lab-1-thumb-1500xauto-422309.jpg

I know what I want for lunch now.

I could see that country invading on down the road with a few others.

The fact is:

Trump Is a Chinese Agent

Thomas L. Friedman MARCH 29, 2017

The big story everyone is chasing is whether President Trump is a Russian stooge. Wrong. That’s all a smoke screen. Trump is actually a Chinese agent. He is clearly out to make China great again. Just look at the facts.

Trump took office promising to fix our trade imbalance with China, and what’s the first thing he did? He threw away a U.S.-designed free-trade deal with 11 other Pacific nations — a pact whose members make up 40 percent of global G.D.P.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership was based largely on U.S. economic interests, benefiting our fastest-growing technologies and agribusinesses, and had more labor, environmental and human rights standards than any trade agreement ever. And it excluded China. It was our baby, shaping the future of trade in Asia.

Imagine if Trump were negotiating with China now as not only the U.S. president but also as head of a 12-nation trading bloc based on our values and interests. That’s called l-e-v-e-r-a-g-e, and Trump just threw it away … because he promised to in the campaign — without, I’d bet, ever reading TPP. What a chump! I can still hear the clinking of champagne glasses in Beijing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/opinion/trump-is-a-chinese-agent.html?_r=0

Don't mention golf either. Guy is trying to ban golf in China

President Xi Jinping knows most Chinese people with a lot of money do not want to live in China. They actually want to live in the USA.

China is a very restrictive nation, people are NOT allowed to travel from state to state.

I'm sure their sea bases in the China sea, unfair trade balances, and plan in case North Korea does something very stupid will be talking points.

"Mr. Speaker, I respectfully disagree with the representative from the funeral home!" :devilish: I'd still hit it though