• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Clock Has Struck Midnight - China calling loans due

other than my mortgage I am debt free. no credit card/car payments etc. wish our Govt operated under this principle.

I dont mean to sound cold hearted to everyone elses problems, but if we just closed up shop for any other country but the good ol US of A, we could be debt free in 2 years.

This was always China's plan. Lock countries into debts they can't pay, then take over their resources and infrastructure and use their people for cheap labour.
They own so much of our debt though that if we decided not to pay them they'll go under in a month.
There's an old saying that if you owe the bank a hundred thousand dollars the bank owns you but if you owe the bank a hundred million dollars you own the bank.
Of course if we had a President with some cojones and who wasn't owned by China, he'd tell them we're not paying you another dime since you owe us compensation for Covid.

Well now we have a better understaning of why the US is building an airbase in Western Africa.

I said it first, so I'm right. That's how it works.
I'm identifying as an Inuit woman today so you're being rayciss.

You win. I'm a white guy, so I guess you're right
I may or may not be a white guy when I wake up tomorrow. We'll have to see how I feel.
I'm leaning toward white guy because I have an appointment to finally get the leveling kit put on my 4x4 truck.

Wait, commie China - a government that runs slave labor camps, locks people into their homes and lets them starve to death cuz Chinese flu, that has killed millions - is not generous and willing to put off loan repayments?

Noooooo ...

other than my mortgage I am debt free. no credit card/car payments etc. wish our Govt operated under this principle.

I dont mean to sound cold hearted to everyone elses problems, but if we just closed up shop for any other country but the good ol US of A, we could be debt free in 2 years.

Neither party is willing to cut spending. The nation is $31 trillion - TRILLION, with a "t" - in debt and the suggestion by the House that maybe we slow spending a bit - not cut spending but slow down the increase a tad - is being attacked as lunacy and fringe and crazy right-wing MAGA.

Wait, commie China - a government that runs slave labor camps, locks people into their homes and lets them starve to death cuz Chinese flu, that has killed millions - is not generous and willing to put off loan repayments?

Noooooo ...
You would think the IMF, who was lender of last resort to many of these countries, would have some issues with this.

Neither party is willing to cut spending. The nation is $31 trillion - TRILLION, with a "t" - in debt and the suggestion by the House that maybe we slow spending a bit - not cut spending but slow down the increase a tad - is being attacked as lunacy and fringe and crazy right-wing MAGA.
You don't win elections by telling people you're not going to give them free ****.

They own so much of our debt though that if we decided not to pay them they'll go under in a month.
There's an old saying that if you owe the bank a hundred thousand dollars the bank owns you but if you owe the bank a hundred million dollars you own the bank.
Of course if we had a President with some cojones and who wasn't owned by China, he'd tell them we're not paying you another dime since you owe us compensation for Covid.
Under a Supe/ @Tim Steelersfan administration, @Ron Burgundy will be our ambassador to China.

Supe/Tim 2024
Vote like your beer and ammo depend on it

Under a Supe/ @Tim Steelersfan administration, @Ron Burgundy will be our ambassador to China.

Supe/Tim 2024
Vote like your beer and ammo depend on it

iu

Is it true that your name was, at one time, Spurtin Jizz? If so, why did you change it?

iu

Is it true that your name was, at one time, Spurtin Jizz? If so, why did you change it?
It was - and it was too abrasive for this here chat forum

iu

"At this point, what difference does it make?!?"