• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Enemy of the People Thread

I have Microsoft on my laptop and their news feed allows comments on the stories they print.

Someone(bot?) made the comment:

" I've personally encountered over 500 Trump supporters since 2015, and each and every one of them proved that they were, without a doubt, the most disgusting people you'd never want to know."

Word for word I wrote the same thing, except I substituted Biden for Trump, and my comment was rejected for "community standards."

Yeah, sure, no bias.

I have Microsoft on my laptop and their news feed allows comments on the stories they print.

Someone(bot?) made the comment:

" I've personally encountered over 500 Trump supporters since 2015, and each and every one of them proved that they were, without a doubt, the most disgusting people you'd never want to know."

Word for word I wrote the same thing, except I substituted Biden for Trump, and my comment was rejected for "community standards."

Yeah, sure, no bias.
It is the default news page on our computers at work. Conservative stuff is censored all the time. Always see people complaining about it.

Thank god we're not stuck with this guy on the TV all day.

Y'all remember hearing about this all over the news, right?

“Inordinately Intelligent”: Canadian Woman Sentenced to 22 Years in Attempt on Trump’s Life​

Mugshot of Pascale Ferrier

In the last few weeks, we have seen a disturbing uptick of reported threats against public figures, grand jurors, and judges. One of the most disturbing and disgraceful are threats against Judge Tanya S. Chutkan, who will be presiding in the trial of former president Donald Trump. Abigail Jo Shry, 43, of Alvin, Tex., allegedly left an Aug. 5 voice mail at Chutkan’s chambers in which she called her a racial slur and threatened her, saying, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you, so tread lightly, b—-.” That same week, there was also a sentencing in a prior case where the threat led to an attempt on the life of Trump. Pascale Cecile Veronique Ferrier, 56, has been sentenced to 262 months or roughly 22 years for mailing ricin to Trump. What makes her case even more striking is the defense raised by her lawyer.

Ferrier is a dual citizen of Canada and France. She pleaded guilty to sending a letter containing ricin in 2020 to then-President Trump and others.

In the letter, Ferrier referred to Trump as “The Ugly Tyrant Clown” and added that “f it doesn’t work, I’ll find better recipe for another poison, or I might use my gun when I’ll be able to come. Enjoy! FREE REBEL SPIRIT.”

The threat of the gun became even more chilling when Ferrier was arrested after she tried to drive across the U.S.-Canada border at the Peace Bridge Border Crossing in Buffalo, New York. She had a gun, a knife, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Ferrier apparently made the ricin in her home in Quebec. When she was arrested later for refusing to leave a park after it closed, police found eight similar letters sent to law enforcement officials in charge of the Texas jail where she was held. In one letter, she instructed Trump to “[g]ive up and remove [his] application for this election.”

She was also active on social media with one posting on X asking for someone to “please shoot [T]rump in the face.”

In court, Ferrier insisted that she considers herself a “peaceful and genuinely kind person” but admitted she gets angry about problems like unfairness, abuses of power and “stupid rules.” She insisted that she is an “activist” rather than a “terrorist” who wants “to find peaceful means to achieve my goals.” That hardly jibes with the ricin and traveling arsenal.

In court, Ferrier’s defense attorney Eugene Ohm offered a curious defense that his client is “inordinately intelligent” and earned a master’s degree in engineering while raising two children as a single parent.

The homicidal-but-smart defense did not work.

U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich handed down the 262-month sentence.

Bro what the **** is up with that right eye? ***** has bulged out so far it’s about to pop

Y'all remember hearing about this all over the news, right?

“Inordinately Intelligent”: Canadian Woman Sentenced to 22 Years in Attempt on Trump’s Life

Mugshot of Pascale Ferrier

In the last few weeks, we have seen a disturbing uptick of reported threats against public figures, grand jurors, and judges. One of the most disturbing and disgraceful are threats against Judge Tanya S. Chutkan, who will be presiding in the trial of former president Donald Trump. Abigail Jo Shry, 43, of Alvin, Tex., allegedly left an Aug. 5 voice mail at Chutkan’s chambers in which she called her a racial slur and threatened her, saying, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you, so tread lightly, b—-.” That same week, there was also a sentencing in a prior case where the threat led to an attempt on the life of Trump. Pascale Cecile Veronique Ferrier, 56, has been sentenced to 262 months or roughly 22 years for mailing ricin to Trump. What makes her case even more striking is the defense raised by her lawyer.

Ferrier is a dual citizen of Canada and France. She pleaded guilty to sending a letter containing ricin in 2020 to then-President Trump and others.

In the letter, Ferrier referred to Trump as “The Ugly Tyrant Clown” and added that “f it doesn’t work, I’ll find better recipe for another poison, or I might use my gun when I’ll be able to come. Enjoy! FREE REBEL SPIRIT.”

The threat of the gun became even more chilling when Ferrier was arrested after she tried to drive across the U.S.-Canada border at the Peace Bridge Border Crossing in Buffalo, New York. She had a gun, a knife, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Ferrier apparently made the ricin in her home in Quebec. When she was arrested later for refusing to leave a park after it closed, police found eight similar letters sent to law enforcement officials in charge of the Texas jail where she was held. In one letter, she instructed Trump to “[g]ive up and remove [his] application for this election.”

She was also active on social media with one posting on X asking for someone to “please shoot [T]rump in the face.”

In court, Ferrier insisted that she considers herself a “peaceful and genuinely kind person” but admitted she gets angry about problems like unfairness, abuses of power and “stupid rules.” She insisted that she is an “activist” rather than a “terrorist” who wants “to find peaceful means to achieve my goals.” That hardly jibes with the ricin and traveling arsenal.

In court, Ferrier’s defense attorney Eugene Ohm offered a curious defense that his client is “inordinately intelligent” and earned a master’s degree in engineering while raising two children as a single parent.

The homicidal-but-smart defense did not work.

U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich handed down the 262-month sentence.
That’s a woman?
CD2F5161-EAB6-4498-854B-03594E4DD0A5.jpeg

I think we should make this thread a sticky.

One of the greatest threats to our longevity will be the honesty and integrity of our media, or lack thereof. Yet, daily, our media lies to us. They spin stores, distorting truths. They omit information intentionally. Or they simply chooses not to cover stories that should be covered.

Whether it is CBS using Kentucky gun range footage and passing it off as a Syrian battle, or it's a publication of other falsehoods, drop it here. Personally, I'd love to reference an ever-growing list.

-------------------------

Example 1: 1/16/21 - CNN reports Capitol Police arrest a suspect with Fake Inauguration credentials, a weapon and 500 rounds of ammunition - clearly trying to convince America that the Government is under attack by evil Conservatives.

The truth? Dude arrested had a Park Police pass and was 100% cleared of any wrong doing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi <a href="https://twitter.com/jaketapper?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@jaketapper</a>, is this an example of the dangerous disinformation you tweeted about today? <a href="https://t.co/PMvPFuv41R">pic.twitter.com/PMvPFuv41R</a></p>— Cerno (@Cernovich) <a href="">January 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Example 2: 1/6/21 - CNN and Anderson Cooper Interview John Sullivan, Leftits Terrorist, and prop him up as a "reporter only", not involved in the storming of Capitol Hill.

The truth? He was charged in federal court in Washington after being arrested by the FBI. Sullivan was previously videotaped urging a crowd if supporters to attempt a violent coup against President Trump.

The FBI affidavit charging Sullivan: https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1354781/download

I respectfully submit that this Affidavit establishes probable cause to believe that SULLIVAN
(1) committed or attempted to commit, any act to obstruct, impede, or interfere with any fireman or law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the lawful performance of his official duties incident to and during the commission of a civil disorder which in any way or degree obstructs, delays, or adversely affects the performance of any federally protected function;
(2) did knowingly enter or remain in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, or did knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct, and
(3) did willfully and knowingly engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct, at any place in the Grounds or in any of the Capitol Buildings with the intent to impede, disrupt, or disturb the orderly conduct of a session of Congress or either House of Congress, or the orderly conduct in that building of any deliberations of either House of Congress. Specifically, on or about January 6, 2021, SULLIVAN knowingly and willfully joined a crowd of individuals who forcibly entered the U.S. Capitol and impeded, disrupted, and disturbed the orderly conduct of business by the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate.

-----------------------------------

Remember, over the last 4 years, CNN has been at the heart of many hoaxes:

- The disgraceful Covington kids racism hoax
- Their false coverage of Jessie Smollett hate crime hoax
- Russian Collusion over and over and over

I suppose this thread is as good as any here. It's all just a big **** show anyway.

Floggy, true to form, trots out some previously eviscerated claim about Tucker Carlson for some reason.

"jUdgE fiNdS nO ReAsoNaBLe ViEweR TaKeS TuCkEr CaRLsOn SeRiOuSLy!!"
- Floggy the Flaccid

Siiiiigh. Again, for the fourth time, the ACTUAL opinion holds in relevant part:

Fox News again moved to dismiss. The motion argues that when read in context, Mr. Carlson’s statements “cannot reasonably be interpreted as facts” and that the Amended Complaint fails to allege actual malice.

Fox News first argues that, viewed in context, Mr. Carlson cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect. See Def. Br. at 12-15. Fox News cites to a litany of cases which hold that accusing a person of “extortion” or “blackmail” simply is “rhetorical hyperbole,” incapable of being defamatory.

In Milkovich v. Lorain Journal Co., 497 U.S. 1, 19-21 (1990), the United States Supreme Court emphasized that statements, whether presented as fact or opinion, may be defamatory only where they state or imply a provably false assertion of fact. It has long been the law that simply invoking a criminal act or accusing a person of a crime does not transform an otherwise nonfactual statement into a factual assertion if the accusation, in light of the surrounding context, is “rhetorical hyperbole” or where the record is “devoid of evidence” that anyone thought a crime was actually committed. See Greenbelt Coop. Pub. ***’n v. Bressler, 398 U.S. 6, 14 (1970). In particular, accusations of “extortion,” “blackmail,” and related crimes, such as the statements Mr. Carlson made here, are often construed as merely rhetorical hyperbole when they are not accompanied by additional specifics of the actions purportedly constituting the crime.

Such accusations of crimes also are unlikely to be defamatory when, as here, they are made in connection with debates on a matter of public or political importance. ... The context in which the offending statements were made here make it abundantly clear that Mr. Carlson was not accusing Ms. McDougal of actually committing a crime. As a result, his statements are not actionable.

When the statements are read in context, it is apparent that Mr. Carlson is remarking on hypocrisy he perceives, i.e. that Mr. Cohen could be prosecuted, and the President impeached, for actions falling short of the conduct Ms. McDougal purportedly engaged in during the President’s campaign. In light of that, Mr. Carlson’s statements are “a statement on matters of public concern” that deserve the highest protection.

Plaintiff’s understanding focuses only on specific words Mr. Carlson stated, taken entirely out of context of what preceded them and what followed. In particular, Ms. McDougal emphasizes that Mr. Carlson reiterated to his viewers “Remember the facts of the story. These are undisputed,” ... But there can be no doubt that Mr. Carlson did so as hyperbole to promote debate on a matter of public concern.

The case was dismissed because the comment was a 1st Amendment protected statement about a matter of public interest, where Carlson was accurately pointing out the blatant double-standard and hypocrisy of the media when looking at career criminals like Adam Schiff and Joe Biden compared to Donald Trump.

I know your schtick is being an imbecile and regurgitating garbage from left-wing sites known for being craven devotees of the soulless bureaucracy, and that you spew your inane garbage non-stop no matter being proven time and again to be an imbecile and a liar, and that you add nothing of value to this forum, and that you are a freeloader, and that you brag about killing old people, and that the guy you so devotedly worship is without a doubt a slimy, lying, corrupt grifter using his drug-addled son as a front man to dive neck deep into the trough of corruption and dirty money, and that you are jealous of Joe Biden because you too would love to get rich by stealing and selling out America, and that you are a loathsome pustule that makes everything and everyone around you worse, but for once - just once - try to do even a modicum of research before re-posting stupid **** from Media Matters.

Floggy, true to form, trots out some previously eviscerated claim about Tucker Carlson for some reason.

"jUdgE fiNdS nO ReAsoNaBLe ViEweR TaKeS TuCkEr CaRLsOn SeRiOuSLy!!"
- Floggy the Flaccid

Siiiiigh. Again, for the fourth time, the ACTUAL opinion holds in relevant part:

The case was dismissed because the comment was a 1st Amendment protected statement about a matter of public interest, where Carlson was accurately pointing out the blatant double-standard and hypocrisy of the media when looking at career criminals like Adam Schiff and Joe Biden compared to Donald Trump.

I know your schtick is being an imbecile and regurgitating garbage from left-wing sites known for being craven devotees of the soulless bureaucracy, and that you spew your inane garbage non-stop no matter being proven time and again to be an imbecile and a liar, and that you add nothing of value to this forum, and that you are a freeloader, and that you brag about killing old people, and that the guy you so devotedly worship is without a doubt a slimy, lying, corrupt grifter using his drug-addled son as a front man to dive neck deep into the trough of corruption and dirty money, and that you are jealous of Joe Biden because you too would love to get rich by stealing and selling out America, and that you are a loathsome pustule that makes everything and everyone around you worse, but for once - just once - try to do even a modicum of research before re-posting stupid **** from Media Matters.
Doh!