• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The inconsistencies of Tomlin

Jones can replace DJ and improve the position. Calvin Austin would replace DJ and not even be a decoy for Pickens.
I agree but Okorofor is at least as good as Moore or better. He is odd man out for a poor timed comment in heat of moment. DJ keeps being a ****** idiot and apparently its ok.

Or you sit him. Start an inferior player, possibly lose the game and have to hear all the moaning and gnashing of teeth. Catch 22. Might as well put the best product out there, handle discipline "in house" and leave fans to moan about whatever they want to.
Play Mount Washington instead, though I’m not sure he would drop passes and halfass it when you really need to win.

I’m sure they could make the base set of Harris, Warren, Pickens, Muth, Washington work just fine, and send Drops a message.

Sucked. Except for the back shoulder fade to Pickens that we would hit occasionally. But, mostly sucked.
Look above at the stats that steelerfan448 posted. .....lol.

Play Mount Washington instead, though I’m not sure he would drop passes and halfass it when you really need to win.

I’m sure they could make the base set of Harris, Warren, Pickens, Muth, Washington work just fine, and send Drops a message.
Especially this week. Sit him for a quarter possibly....but show him that he isn't above the TEAM. As in the past Tomlin has allowed players to become.

With DJ: 4-3, 15.7 PPG, Pickett 172 Y/G 64.7% 2 TD 2 INT
Without DJ: 3-1, 18 PPG, Pickett 199 Y/G 56.6% 4 TD 2 INT
Who knew that we have faired better without DJ than with him. Go figure.

I agree but Okorofor is at least as good as Moore or better. He is odd man out for a poor timed comment in heat of moment. DJ keeps being a ****** idiot and apparently its ok.
There isn't a scenario I bring Chuks back next season. I would think hard at either making RT the 1st round pick or bringing in a RT upgrade. They could always move Moore inside he at least is run block capable. I think that and C would be a priority for me. As well as a CB to pair with Porter.

DJ is a product of he is the best route runner and every WR outside of him is pretty much a scrub outside of a few blocker capables.

So you have C/RT/WR and CB. They can address CB and WR in free agency to lessen the draft needs. Or any 2 outside of RT. I think you look for that in 1 or 2 BPA.

Again, they can’t replace DJ so he stays in the lineup.

Sucked. Except for the back shoulder fade to Pickens that we would hit occasionally. But, mostly sucked.

Like it or not, those that want DJ gone don’t realize he is our BEST WR on the team. Just having him on the field opens up the other options. Pickens is not a great route runner, DJ is an excellent route runner.

He will not be gone in this mid-season, maybe at end of season, but definitely not current mid-season.

Salute the nation

Like it or not, those that want DJ gone don’t realize he is our BEST WR on the team. Just having him on the field opens up the other options. Pickens is not a great route runner, DJ is an excellent route runner.

He will not be gone in this mid-season, maybe at end of season, but definitely not current mid-season.

Salute the nation
agreed 100% If Tomlin can't get DJs head straight at years in, then consider trading him. but hopefully it does not come to that.

I agree but Okorofor is at least as good as Moore or better. He is odd man out for a poor timed comment in heat of moment. DJ keeps being a ****** idiot and apparently it's OK
DJ's fairly recent big contract is a factor as well; don't want to admit a FAIL signing.

Especially this week. Sit him for a quarter possibly....but show him that he isn't above the TEAM. As in the past Tomlin has allowed players to become.
Shades is a top-3 NFL HC. Just ask anyone in the media. They will tell you about how he has never had a losing season so that settles that.

DJ gets open as good as anyone in the NFL. For a QB who is always under duress you are not sitting that player…
Yet we as a team we have played better this year without him. Hmmm. Go figure.

Also a benching can be one series. A quarter. A half. It sends a message that more is expected from you when you F'k up. Tomlin brushing it off for one and not another simply stinks.

I know one thing. I am so glad that our 2nd QB is leaps and bounds better than our 3rd QB. It is comforting to know that QB 2 will enter the game and light it up...

Bullshit, quit living in your fears.
I should've noted that my responses have all been why Tomlin isn't making the move as opposed to my personal thoughts on DJ.

Nice to see him score that garbage time TD, though.

I know one thing. I am so glad that our 2nd QB is leaps and bounds better than our 3rd QB. It is comforting to know that QB 2 will enter the game and light it up...

I think someone should should start a thread on just that topic………. Rudolf is in season………….

Salute the nation