• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The morning after the mid term elections

It's all a charade...a play...pro wrestling to make us think we actually have choices.

Rothfus is clearly the better choice vs. Lamb. Might be too late to change the race but good luck PA 17

Rothfus is clearly the better choice vs. Lamb. Might be too late to change the race but good luck PA 17

State supreme court drew a new district (in violation of the state constitution I might add) with a majority of Democrats. Hopefully Beaver County turns out strong for Rothfus since he was already our guy and Lamb was not. New district is southern Butler County, Beaver County, and northern Allegheny County.

This is the enemy

Andrew Gillum Female Intern Arrested For Assaulting Republicans

An intern for Democratic Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum has been arrested and charged with battery after she threw chocolate milk on a group of College Republicans tabling on campus.

The far-left student activist who had the profanity-laced meltdown, Shelby Shoup, is listed as an intern for the Andrew Gillum for Florida Governor Campaign on LinkedIn and a member of FSU Students for Justice in Palestine.

Shoup threw her drink on SFU College Republicans Chair Daisy Judge, and when another student passing by tried to de-escalate the situation, she threw the remainder of her drink on him.

“You are supporting Nazis,” Shoup said in the video posted online. “Do you understand that?”

Another student snapped back at the girl wearing a communist pin: “And you are supporting communism?”

She replied: “Yeah, I ******* am.”

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/br...n-florida-for-assaulting-college-republicans/

This is the enemy

Andrew Gillum Female Intern Arrested For Assaulting Republicans

An intern for Democratic Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum has been arrested and charged with battery after she threw chocolate milk on a group of College Republicans tabling on campus.

The far-left student activist who had the profanity-laced meltdown, Shelby Shoup, is listed as an intern for the Andrew Gillum for Florida Governor Campaign on LinkedIn and a member of FSU Students for Justice in Palestine.

Shoup threw her drink on SFU College Republicans Chair Daisy Judge, and when another student passing by tried to de-escalate the situation, she threw the remainder of her drink on him.

“You are supporting Nazis,” Shoup said in the video posted online. “Do you understand that?”

Another student snapped back at the girl wearing a communist pin: “And you are supporting communism?”

She replied: “Yeah, I ******* am.”

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/br...n-florida-for-assaulting-college-republicans/

Oh is that a Communismmpin I see..?

Except that CNN's claims are groundless and unfair...on the other hand an argument can easily be made that Trump has exceeded Reagans accomplishments.

What do the pictures posted here of the thousands attending Trump rallies tell you?

Based on those two statements, now who do you believe, CNN or FOX?

Yes there media polarization...lies and the truth.

I think the pictures show that his base is very devoted. Remains to be seen if the antipathy for him among Dems is as strong. (Among the anti-Trump people I know, it certainly seems to be.)

And yes the administration has accomplished a lot but there is a lot to dislike about him too, and that's not coming from media observations of him. That's coming from stuff I hear from his own mouth and twitter account.

The biggest problem I see for the GOP right now is healthcare. The ads are 24/7 about it here in PA, and they're not really countering it with anything. This is something that impacts a lot of people directly. It certainly affects me. Open enrollment started yesterday and I have one insurance company to choose from with premiums and deductibles out the wazoo.

Yes, caused by Obamacare but the GOP has done nothing to try and fix it. And they aren't countering the narrative coming from the Dems at all. What will happen if the GOP stays in power? I don't know. They aren't saying.

Not enough for me to vote Dem but I'm sure it is for some people.

Last edited:
Oh is that a Communismmpin I see..?

Why yes, yes it is... Not that she was short on announcing her opinion on that matter anyway.

Is that a swastika below it? Anyone know the meaning of that?
I'm confused.

Supe would hit it

This election is all about getting the base out to vote.

Amen

DrJrIhsXgAEeHRN.jpg

Do you have some examples of Fox lying? And don’t google a bunch of leftist horseshit. What have you yourself seen on Fox News that was not true?

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I watched FOXNews or CNN for that matter. It has been a while, I know that. Not really interested in what they have to say. I don't watch it, so it would be unfair to comment.

What I do know, is that like CNN, most of their shows are opinion shows. I do not care for "news" broadcasts that present opinion as fact. CNN is horrible with that. Fox does the same thing, especially that blow hard Hannity. That guy exaggerates more than any 10 people I know.

This election is all about getting the base out to vote.

I think it is going to take more than just the base. And republicans are horrible at voting in mid-terms when their party holds power. I guess we will see come Tuesday/Wednesday. For all our sakes, I hope you are right. Last thing this nation needs is more liberal nonsense shoved won it's throat.

What kills me is, you see the stuff the left is doing. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Even with Trump being the way he is, I don't know how a rational person votes Democrat. I just don't.

Are they the same news that guaranteed a Hillary presidency in 2016? .

Yep, same old..same old.

1674313.gif

There is a sure fire solution though...........

240508_image.jpg

She needs a good, old fashioned punch in the face.

We had a discussion the other day at the club. It seems like the consensus in the room was that nobody would survive a whole day driving a school bus or walking around a college campus.

th

Last edited:
Look, I know they are talented at what they do. And I like good movies and TV shows as much as the next guy. I watch the Oscars every year because I like movies. I like the cinematography award the best because I can still be blown away by the beauty of film on a huge screen in front of me (and still have no idea how they do it or how someone could think some of that stuff up).

The last few years it's been a bad stretch of best picture nominees and I didn't like their decision to go away from 5 nominees to "up to 10" as it becomes kind of a love-fest and a way to throw bones around to minority films, popular films and animated films. Maybe they had to do that.

But I am continuously amazed (like I am that some people worship athletes) that people put these actors on a liberal pedestal or think their opinions on politics matters. Hollywood is one of the most corrupt, sexist, racist, morally repugnant industries on the planet. The industry (as a whole) is terrible at being married, terrible at raising children, terrible at following the law. Yet, their opinion matters on issues for our country? It makes no sense. They are the exact OPPOSITE of what normal America is. The exact OPPOSITE of how everyday Americans should be leading their lives. In all honesty, they are the joke, not the President. Many of them are great artists. They really are. They keep the masses entertained (and that's not a bad thing to live in a country that has the luxury and time to BE ENTERTAINED), but my God, them and rich professional athletes are by and large the worst two demographics of "examples to live by" as I can imagine in any society.

Do you have some examples of Fox lying? And don’t google a bunch of leftist horseshit. What have you yourself seen on Fox News that was not true?

Media bias isn't just obvious truth vs. obvious lies. It's about what they choose to report and what they choose to ignore, what they choose to emphasize vs. what they choose to gloss over.

A lot of celebrities didn't even finish high school. As a group they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Media bias isn't just obvious truth vs. obvious lies. It's about what they choose to report and what they choose to ignore, what they choose to emphasize vs. what they choose to gloss over.

I’m well aware of that. The difference between factual reporting (Fox) and biased spin (Fake News MSM) is remarkable. Even Helen Keller can see it.

Look, I know they are talented at what they do. And I like good movies and TV shows as much as the next guy. I watch the Oscars every year because I like movies. I like the cinematography award the best because I can still be blown away by the beauty of film on a huge screen in front of me (and still have no idea how they do it or how someone could think some of that stuff up).

The last few years it's been a bad stretch of best picture nominees and I didn't like their decision to go away from 5 nominees to "up to 10" as it becomes kind of a love-fest and a way to throw bones around to minority films, popular films and animated films. Maybe they had to do that.

But I am continuously amazed (like I am that some people worship athletes) that people put these actors on a liberal pedestal or think their opinions on politics matters. Hollywood is one of the most corrupt, sexist, racist, morally repugnant industries on the planet. The industry (as a whole) is terrible at being married, terrible at raising children, terrible at following the law. Yet, their opinion matters on issues for our country? It makes no sense. They are the exact OPPOSITE of what normal America is. The exact OPPOSITE of how everyday Americans should be leading their lives. In all honesty, they are the joke, not the President. Many of them are great artists. They really are. They keep the masses entertained (and that's not a bad thing to live in a country that has the luxury and time to BE ENTERTAINED), but my God, them and rich professional athletes are by and large the worst two demographics of "examples to live by" as I can imagine in any society.

Amen to all of it. But to your point about cinematography, it's great to watch a movie that really appreciates the art of cinematography above all else. I absolutely loved "The Revenant". Was the only movie my dad and I could watch together (he's very picky about what he watches) in a long time. Phenomenal cinematography there (and I think they won Academy Award for it). I bought it and have watched it probably 5 times now. Movies nowadays just don't get like that.

Other movies off the top of my head with great cinematography: Gravity, Life of Pi, Saving Private Ryan, Mad Max (newer version) and I'm sure plenty of others I haven't thought about or mentioned. Roger Deakins is a master -- w/ Assassination of Jesse James, No Country For Old Men, True Grit etc. He's done some other great movies but those stand out IMO.

Speaking of cinematography, I have a rant. Whats' with the found footage technique? I guess it could have value, in a gimmicky way, for something like The Blair Witch Project (which I could never get through), but generally it is just annoying. Usually as soon as I see that a movie is one of those, I turn it off. Actually I did, sit through two - Cloverfield and Chronicle, and there was no reason to use that technique for either, although it was more plausible for Chronicle. More plausible, not enjoyable. It just sucks tremendously and I wish they would stop it. I don't want to see how a film maker manages to get around an obstacle that they create for themselves. Do that for your senior project. Just make nicely filmed movies for the paying audience.

It still amazes me that Stanley Kubrick. Hitchcock. Orson Welles and Kurosawa never won a best director Oscar but Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner, Warren Beatty and Robert Redford have. Hell, Kubrick's 2001 lost to a musical.

I think in recent years they are trying to fix that issue with Inarritu winning it for The Revenant and Birdman, Cuaron winning it for Gravity and Ang Lee for Life of Pi.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So I watched CNN last night. They are very nervous. Why? Because they are outspending Republicans big time, and if they make a poor showing, what excuse can they have except for their polices are resonating with the voters. A draw in the mid terms, would be a set back for the Dems and the party in power only kept both houses three times in our history for mid terms.

A Republican slim majority can still happen for the house, and if that happens, Libs will become completely undone.

If Dem's gain a narrow lead in the house, OKAY, I recommend Republicans huddling up and quickly passing the big laws NOW. If not President trump get out your executive order pen, and go to work.