• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The most admirable thing Tomlin could do would be to publicly concede that he is an incompetent moron and bring back Big Ben for the Carolina game ..

Bold first post. Can I recommend that you slow down and get to know the locals a bit?

actually I meant you are a ******* liar
I mean, I did recently move down south. I have a friend down here. We're both from a little town outside the Burgh. I'm living with him until I can find a place for myself. He's actually a big Steelers fan too. I know he used to post at one of the major Steeler boards but mentioned leaving earlier this year due to him being discriminated against and having his 1st Amendment violated. I'll have to ask him which forum. He's at a rally this weekend.

I mean, I did recently move down south. I have a friend down here. We're both from a little town outside the Burgh. I'm living with him until I can find a place for myself. He's actually a big Steelers fan too. I know he used to post at one of the major Steeler boards but mentioned leaving earlier this year due to him being discriminated against and having his 1st Amendment violated. I'll have to ask him which forum. He's at a rally this weekend.
gay pride?

I thinks sacked lunch is onto something. old man Rooney needs to go Ballz Deep in mixing this team up. We cant BOB this **** up anymore

... and the remainder of this season for that matter! I think the last 5% or so of the fanbase who still viewed Tomlin as a top 5 coach going into this season are finally realizing just how badly they have been duped for these past 15 years! While Canadumb and Terrible Austin both suck at life when it comes to their jobs, ultimately the blame should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the f'n moron who ALLOWED them to have these jobs! For everyone clamoring how they can't wait for Canadork to be fired at the end of this season, do you really think Tomlin is going to run out and grab someone competent, or is it more probable that dip-**** will promote one of the current Acrisure stadium janitors to the position? I don't get the least bit excited knowing we might have 2 new coordinators next season if it still means that the primary cancer of our franchise continues to be present.

It's been evident to me for YEARS that Tomlin is an incompetent idiot! Hiring a New GM, adding an Assistant GM, replacing coordinators, none of that matters if jibber-jabber is allowed to remain. It's honestly a disgrace that Rooney allows this to continue just so we can say we have a long-tenured, minority coach on the payroll.

The best thing that can happen at this point would be for Tomlin to just STFU for the rest of his life, do some honest introspective work and accept that he's an incompetent loser, respect that he only has a SB ring because the previous HC gifted it to him, and come to terms with the reality that he doesn't have to be smart or effective and he will continue having a job with the Steelers because our ownership cares more about politics than wins!

So, what gives us a better chance at a W over Carolina?

An over-the-hill, out of shape Big Ben > Tomlin as a HC

Anyone else with me?
Are you mean Joe Bradshaw? Did someone steal your lunch again?

Last edited:
1671327280948.gif

I think the thread title is longer than the whole Dri Archer thread.

If Ben had played this year, n
my guess is we have at least 3 more wins. Jets, Cleveland and Ravens. maybe 2nd Bengals game also. that is scary to think
Ben was simply elite and even at the end a winner. The kind of player that for a long time could mask bad coaching and team decision making. I hope they hit the jackpot in free agency and the draft. Be back on the winning side again. Probably all we can hope for without the necessary changes.

If Ben had played this year, n
my guess is we have at least 3 more wins. Jets, Cleveland and Ravens. maybe 2nd Bengals game also. that is scary to think
Agreed, but he would have had to have completely disregarded Tomlin and Canada's coaching and play-calling for that to have been possible.

Btw, why is our defense so stale this year when we have Brian Flores as a defensive assistant? Isn't part of his grievance that he "deserves" to be a HC? I wonder how he defines "deserves"?

Agreed, but he would have had to have completely disregarded Tomlin and Canada's coaching and play-calling for that to have been possible.

Btw, why is our defense so stale this year when we have Brian Flores as a defensive assistant? Isn't part of his grievance that he "deserves" to be a HC? I wonder how he defines "deserves"?
It is because Austin is running the show.

It is because Austin is running the show.
Who allowed Austin to run the show and who continues to allow that? If we had Mr. Grievance at the helm, do you think we'd look visibly different on D? I don't..

As long as we have stooge at the helm, it doesn't matter who our coordinators are. But hey! At least we can say we give preference to minority coaches and don't fire them. That's almost as exciting as going to a SB.

sack
Who allowed Austin to run the show and who continues to allow that? If we had Mr. Grievance at the helm, do you think we'd look visibly different on D? I don't..

As long as we have stooge at the helm, it doesn't matter who our coordinators are. But hey! At least we can say we give preference to minority coaches and don't fire them. That's almost as exciting as going to a SB.
sacked lunch get banned?

Assuming we use some draft picks to fix up our O-Line, how would you feel about signing Tom Brady to a 1 or 2 year contract next season? We could cut Rudolph and Trubloxy and have Pickett learn under the greatest.

Personally, I think it would be one of the smartest things that we could do this off-season.

[Edit]: I also think the rumors about him ignoring the coaching in Tampa Bay would be a HUGE plus for us given the morons that we employ.

We should have three picks in the top 40 and that should translate into three immediate impact players.
My worry remains Tomlin’s influence on the draft and overall player personnel. The guy has a completely different vision on how to build a team and still thinks his type of defensive schemes can be affective. Therefore I have been questioning the types of players he’s wanting to draft. The CB’s and Safetys he’s drafted have not been very good and that’s supposed to be his strength.
LBers other than TJ have been pretty damn bad. Timmons years ago was good but Uncle Jarvis, Bushy, and even Highsmith who disappears for games not so good.
Defensive line Cam, Tuitt and Hargraves in 16. drafts and that’s pretty much it.
Point being not impressed with his player evaluations over the years and if he continues to coach here they need to let Omar and Andy make the decisions on the draft and FA.
I’ve said it for years to name one thing Tomlin does very well other than talking **** and I’m still waiting.
I already know he’s a great cheerleader!

yeah!

yeah!

Because Ben went to a clinic and turned back time. Like cmon life moves on. Why stop at Ben. Let's get Terry involved too. No question Ben could play competent football. With this scheme and line only slightly More so then what they got. Grow up a bit. They need to move on.