• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The most admirable thing Tomlin could do would be to publicly concede that he is an incompetent moron and bring back Big Ben for the Carolina game ..

I mean, I did recently move down south. I have a friend down here. We're both from a little town outside the Burgh. I'm living with him until I can find a place for myself. He's actually a big Steelers fan too. I know he used to post at one of the major Steeler boards but mentioned leaving earlier this year due to him being discriminated against and having his 1st Amendment violated. I'll have to ask him which forum. He's at a rally this weekend.
You know DBS???

We should have three picks in the top 40 and that should translate into three immediate impact players.
My worry remains Tomlin’s influence on the draft and overall player personnel. The guy has a completely different vision on how to build a team and still thinks his type of defensive schemes can be affective. Therefore I have been questioning the types of players he’s wanting to draft. The CB’s and Safetys he’s drafted have not been very good and that’s supposed to be his strength.
LBers other than TJ have been pretty damn bad. Timmons years ago was good but Uncle Jarvis, Bushy, and even Highsmith who disappears for games not so good.
Defensive line Cam, Tuitt and Hargraves in 16. drafts and that’s pretty much it.
Point being not impressed with his player evaluations over the years and if he continues to coach here they need to let Omar and Andy make the decisions on the draft and FA.
I’ve said it for years to name one thing Tomlin does very well other than talking **** and I’m still waiting.
I already know he’s a great cheerleader!
I think Highsmith was a homerun given it was a comp 3rd, he was in no one's radar

Highsmith exceeded expectations. Solid, and from time to time great. He also disappears from time to time.

We should have three picks in the top 40 and that should translate into three immediate impact players.
My worry remains Tomlin’s influence on the draft and overall player personnel. The guy has a completely different vision on how to build a team and still thinks his type of defensive schemes can be affective. Therefore I have been questioning the types of players he’s wanting to draft. The CB’s and Safetys he’s drafted have not been very good and that’s supposed to be his strength.
LBers other than TJ have been pretty damn bad. Timmons years ago was good but Uncle Jarvis, Bushy, and even Highsmith who disappears for games not so good.
Defensive line Cam, Tuitt and Hargraves in 16. drafts and that’s pretty much it.
Point being not impressed with his player evaluations over the years and if he continues to coach here they need to let Omar and Andy make the decisions on the draft and FA.
I’ve said it for years to name one thing Tomlin does very well other than talking **** and I’m still waiting.
I already know he’s a great cheerleader!
Lessee, last year we had a LB who was the DPOY and tied the single-season record for sacks, a multiple time all-pro DT, two decent Safeties, and yet somehow our pass defense was mid-pack and run defense was dead last. Pretty much the same this year except that Watt isn't going to win DPOY.
Either the scheme sucks, the rest of the D personnel isn't very good, or both.

not sure who pissed in your wheaties this morning.....but it will get better little guy
You little tweety bird-lookin' mother-******

I think Highsmith was a homerun given it was a comp 3rd, he was in no one's radar
Don’t get me wrong, he’s a nice player but I don’t know, seems to disappear a lot.

Lessee, last year we had a LB who was the DPOY and tied the single-season record for sacks, a multiple time all-pro DT, two decent Safeties, and yet somehow our pass defense was mid-pack and run defense was dead last. Pretty much the same this year except that Watt isn't going to win DPOY.
Ron, take the time to read what I said please. I said with the exception of TJ and Timmons and I said players drafted. Minka was acquired by trade.
And I also said that the exceptions on the DL were Cam, Tuitt and Hargraves.

Ron, take the time to read what I said please. I said with the exception of TJ and Timmons and I said players drafted. Minka was acquired by trade.
And I also said that the exceptions on the DL were Cam, Tuitt and Hargraves.
Oh I know. Our best DB's come from other teams.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a nice player but I don’t know, seems to disappear a lot.
Huh? He has 11 sacks this year with 3 games left. He’s leading the league in FF. One of the better run defenders at OLB in the league. Plus this only his third year. He also plays on a line with two All-Pros. I’d say he was a steal as a 3rd rounder.

Huh? He has 11 sacks this year with 3 games left. He’s leading the league in FF. One of the better run defenders at OLB in the league. Plus this only his third year. He also plays on a line with two All-Pros. I’d say he was a steal as a 3rd rounder.
Yes was a very good pick in the third round for sure. Excellent value so far!
Had a very good game today but seemed to disappear in games this year especially when TJ was out.
He’s actually grading out very well this year at his position.
Don’t get me wrong Ike, I’m glad we have him but wish he would step up more when Watt is out

I agree. I still think they could have gotten him later on in the draft, but Highsmith has proven to be an excellent third round pick. It's taken some time for him to develop (as expected), but he's become a very good one-on-one edge rusher.

#14, #34, and #45 if the season ended today. The Bears have Buffalo, Detroit, and Minnesota left on the schedule, so that pick is looking pretty sweet.

I agree. I still think they could have gotten him later on in the draft, but Highsmith has proven to be an excellent third round pick. It's taken some time for him to develop (as expected), but he's become a very good one-on-one edge rusher.

He has developed faster than BUD DUPREE. I also think he will continue up the ladder as he hasn’t peaked yet.

Salute the nation

That’s just pure depressing! Not to mention we are the highest paid D in the league.