• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Queen of England passed today

True story. My Uncle (who's since passed) played American NCAA football in front of the Queen in the now famous "Queens Game." October 19, 1957. The queen attended the UNC-MD football game in College Park MD. MD won 21-7. My uncle was a QB, RB, Defensive Back and kicker for the Terrapins.

Bunch of great photos in here of the Queen's game:

#12, Dickie Lewis. He still holds a record for the longest INT return in MD history, 103 yards v NC State in 1956.

1662824985404.png

Uncle Dick and I had a neat little bond. After he passed, my step dad gave me his jersey (which I'm holding onto and passing along to his grandsons).

Dick Lewis MD Jersey.jpg

True story. My Uncle (who's since passed) played American NCAA football in front of the Queen in the now famous "Queens Game." October 19, 1957. The queen attended the UNC-MD football game in College Park MD. MD won 21-7. My uncle was a QB, RB, Defensive Back and kicker for the Terrapins.

Bunch of great photos in here of the Queen's game:

#12, Dickie Lewis. He still holds a record for the longest INT return in MD history, 103 yards v NC State in 1956.

View attachment 9506

Uncle Dick and I had a neat little bond. After he passed, my step dad gave me his jersey (which I'm holding onto and passing along to his grandsons).

View attachment 9507
Very cool story, Tim!

Turns out the she came to Ottawa, Ontario in October of 1964, and her entourage came right past the hospital where Mom and I were still. Mom saw the motorcade. I don't remember it.

Guess she liked us American peasants enough to have the star spangled banner and tabasco sauce on hand

Ironically it seems that pointing out racism is often a sign of racism…. Also potatoes… Ive heard they are racist as hell…
Potatoes are brown on the outside and white on the inside and therefore racist.

6ta8cj.jpg

They will never have another queen as classy.

RIP. Why do I get the feeling there is a silent divide between the NWO folks and the natural born Brits who don't want the monarchy symbolically to return.

One of the coolest things I got to do in my life was spend a semester abroad in London England. Truly fascinating 3.5 months of my life. I did more in England than most Brits probably do in a lifetime. Every weekend was a bus tour to somewhere - Bath, Stratford on Avon, the Lake District. Saw 3 plays a week. Visited everything anyone could ever want to see in our around London - saw a Christmas special in St. Pauls (where Diana was married to Charles), Trafalgar Square, Big Ben (the other one), Parliament, visited the outside of Buckingham Palace, cemeteries in England (like where Marx is buried - saw his tombstone), Mick Jagger's one-time home in London, and so on. Truly amazing. Stayed for 3 months in a townhome on Tottenham Court Road that was older than the USA.

My favorite thing I ever did was visit Westminster Abbey. I was in awe. They bury people inside that church. Over 3,000 people are buried there. Not outside, but inside. And it was full of nearly everyone you read about in history books.

There's Scientists Corner (including Stephen Hawking) and Poet's Corner (Spenser, Dickens), etc. Then the Royal Tombs, many of which are crypts that sit above ground. Like Henry III. Or Elizabeth the first:

1663290084130.png

Or Mary Queen of Scots:

1663290181058.png

From Poet's Corner. Somewhere in my England albums I have this picture. I stood on these stones (under which they are interred):

Poets’_Corner___Westminster_Abbey.jpg

If you ever go to England (if you have not), do not pass up going there. It's right next to Parliament and Big Ben. It's fascinating. I wish I had spent a day there.

On Monday Queen Elizabeth will be buried inside those hallowed walls. Pretty amazing.

I can't watch local news and weather. EVERY channel has the queen's funeral on. Maybe The CW will have news at 7:00.

Wow, so I was wrong. I "assumed" the Queen would be buried at Westminster Abbey. She's instead being buried at Windsor Castle. Sorry!