• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Queen of England passed today

I dont get the fascination for royals / celebrities. My aunt is obsessed with Elvis and will cry when talking about him. She went to graceland and waited over 8 hours in line to see his gravesite. To me that is just insane. I think the castles and what not are cool and i like medieval history, but obsessing over famous people i just dont get. The queen seemed like she had a sense of humor, but alot of the royals seem like spoiled pricks. I cant imagine the amount of money spent on the funeral activities

I dont get the fascination for royals / celebrities. My aunt is obsessed with Elvis and will cry when talking about him. She went to graceland and waited over 8 hours in line to see his gravesite. To me that is just insane. I think the castles and what not are cool and i like medieval history, but obsessing over famous people i just dont get. The queen seemed like she had a sense of humor, but alot of the royals seem like spoiled pricks. I cant imagine the amount of money spent on the funeral activities
I've been to Graceland several times, my former company was headquartered in Memphis so I'd be there annually, never had to wait like that. Maybe she went on his birthday or something.
The graves of Elvis and his parents are at the end of the tour. There was a couple about my age in my group, no issues on the tour. We get to Elvis' grave and the lady falls to her knees and starts sobbing uncontrollably. Husband had to pick her up and help her walk away, it looked like a James Brown finale.
Lady security guard standing there. I whisper to her, "Does this kind of thing happen often?"
She glances left, glances right (that was the best part) and whispers to me, "Every day".