• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Ravens loss. a different perspective

100% poor throw, but Brady or Mahommes get an illegal contact flag atleast. Defender was so early
The pass was uncatchable he went inside MVP threw it outside. There was early contact, but there was alot of non calls in the playoffs

I don't think Jackson can run like he used to. The first quarter scramble for 20 yards should have been a lot more. He slammed on the brakes!

Another couple times you see him darting and then giving it up. If he still had that speed he would gun it and be gone.

The only thing that makes sense is he knows he can't run like he did in 2019.

One last example, how many times did he have an easy 5-10 years and a slide and hung in the pocket waiting for a receiver to get open against KC defense. This is on the coaches mostly but I don't absolve him of guilt. You're the star MVP QB playing in your first CG you should go nuts on those swift punks.

Reid and company must have crushed the buffet after the game laughing about how those fools beat themselves. Mighty Chiefs dynasty 0 points in 2nd half.

Maybe Tape is right Jackson is not a top 3 QB. Top 10 maybe.

To whoever says the ravens are thugs you got it backwards. It's the chiefs who are thugs and punks. Kelce was baiting them and smiling about it. The red who threw a flag on Van Noy must be paid in full because either that's a no call or offering personal fouls.

Kelce taunted after his TD. I don't care if it was a 2 second taunt, a foul is a foul. Call it if the game is being officiated fairly.

It is mind boggling that KC won that game

Also that flowers kid reminds me of a young Antonio Brown

The Lamar Jackson experiment is over unfortunately we have to face him twice a year for a few more years and he's excellent in the regular. The Anti Flacco

I don't think Jackson can run like he used to. The first quarter scramble for 20 yards should have been a lot more. He slammed on the brakes!

Another couple times you see him darting and then giving it up. If he still had that speed he would gun it and be gone.

The only thing that makes sense is he knows he can't run like he did in 2019.

One last example, how many times did he have an easy 5-10 years and a slide and hung in the pocket waiting for a receiver to get open against KC defense. This is on the coaches mostly but I don't absolve him of guilt. You're the star MVP QB playing in your first CG you should go nuts on those swift punks.

Reid and company must have crushed the buffet after the game laughing about how those fools beat themselves. Mighty Chiefs dynasty 0 points in 2nd half.

Maybe Tape is right Jackson is not a top 3 QB. Top 10 maybe.

To whoever says the ravens are thugs you got it backwards. It's the chiefs who are thugs and punks. Kelce was baiting them and smiling about it. The red who threw a flag on Van Noy must be paid in full because either that's a no call or offering personal fouls.

Kelce taunted after his TD. I don't care if it was a 2 second taunt, a foul is a foul. Call it if the game is being officiated fairly.

It is mind boggling that KC won that game

Also that flowers kid reminds me of a young Antonio Brown

Last week you went nuts at the notion that Lamar was anything but one of the absolute best QBs in the league. Even implied I was racist for thinking Lamar was anything but a great passer. You probably would have keyed my car if you could. Now after 1 game, you're out on Lamar? That's funny. But I appreciate you being open minded enough to possibly change your mind.

As for Chiefs being thugs, I disagree. That's them being experienced vets. They know the ravens are all about swagger so the Chiefs tried to get in their heads and they absolutely did.

I don't even remember the Kelce TD celebration. The NFL makes more allowances for celebrations in the endzone. Flowers shoved a guy, then threw the ball down at him, and then stood over top of him flexing. It was almost like somebody doing a training video to demonstrate what to look for to call taunting.

Van Noy head butted Kelce directly in front of the ref! He had no choice but to throw the flag.

Sometimes it is fun to live near Baltimore.

Mrs. Blitz and I had lunch at a local restaurant. We always sit at the bar. For a Monday there was a lot of people at the bar. mostly sad sad Raven fans. Of course, the TVs were on sport channels.

All the Purple had disappeared, no sweatshirts, hats, scarf. nothing. the gentleman to my right started talking about the game, The bartender is a Steeler fan and knows I am a Steeler fan. No one else at the bar knew me.

The refs of course had it out for the Ravens. They had their orders to get the KC Swifts into the big game. I just kept listening.

After a few minutes, I was like.. "it was God damn Jacksons fault! trying to be a passing qb!" "they would have won it all if Jackson want trying to prove something!"

The guy to the left of us agreed and that sparked a we hate Jackson conversation. I listed for a bit, chimed in here and there. Everyone so miserable. I paid my check and we left.

Yep sometimes living near Baltimore is not that bad.

Thats the beauty of living near Cleveland.

Was here for "The Drive" "The Fumble", the move to Baltimore and the subsequent 20 years of agony and embarrassing moments for them.
I am the great instigator, would start conversations among Browns fans, then step aside and just enjoy the whining and bitching.

Thats the beauty of living near Cleveland.

Was here for "The Drive" "The Fumble", the move to Baltimore and the subsequent 20 years of agony and embarrassing moments for them.
I am the great instigator, would start conversations among Browns fans, then step aside and just enjoy the whining and bitching.
Sounds like our living locations aligned Stewey..
Lived 60 miles west of CLeveland from 1985-2006...
I was there for all those wonderful moments also!
Oh...the good ole days! Wish I could them all over again...and not just for the Brown fans entertainment.

I do not believe in conspiracy theories and nonsense but I did see some very strange things Sunday:

Jackson slowing down instead of juking or making a bee line for the sideline to pickup another 10 or 20 yards. I don't know how to explain that

No run game from Baltimore. Men who are experts in their field suddenly decide not to run the ball.

Baltimore O line forgot how to block. Jackson forgetting he can run.

Kelce pushing someone and Van Noy putting two hands on Kelce should have been offsetting PF. I didn't see Van Noy head butt you may be correct

Why are you even bringing up last week? There was a game on Sunday and we are obligated to make judgements based on our most recent example.

Lamar Jackson had a masterpiece season showing excellent decision making, audibles, reading defenses, and sprinkling in a run when necessary. He rarely made bad turnovers

Either you didn't watch the games or you are an idiot for calling him a system QB after the type of season he had.

I'm an idiot if I witness Sunday's game and come back Monday to say how amazing he is.

On Sunday, Lamar Jackson stood like a Rudy in the pocket and made life very easy on the Swifts. He even helped them by slowing down and letting them tackle him on QB scrambles and run plays! It just doesn't make sense that the guy who uses his eyes to force safeties into making bad decisions one week is timid and shy the next week. Doesn't add up

Kelce is a punk and Ravens who were baited and responded are stupid. If SF doesn't give them a HEAVY dose of your MVP on Super Bowl Sunday no one will convince me the NFL hasn't gone full WWF. Disappointing but business is business.

KC should have lost this game by 2 scores and SF will be watching every bit of that film. This super bowl should be a repeat of SB XLVIII that was over before halftime

Also id never key your car because you said something stupid on the web

On Sunday, Lamar Jackson stood like a Rudy in the pocket and made life very easy on the Swifts. He even helped them by slowing down and letting them tackle him on QB scrambles and run plays! It just doesn't make sense that the guy who uses his eyes to force safeties into making bad decisions one week is timid and shy the next week. Doesn't add up

Kelce is a punk and Ravens who were baited and responded are stupid. If SF doesn't give them a HEAVY dose of your MVP on Super Bowl Sunday no one will convince me the NFL hasn't gone full WWF. Disappointing but business is business.

KC should have lost this game by 2 scores and SF will be watching every bit of that film. This super bowl should be a repeat of SB XLVIII that was over before halftime

Also id never key your car because you said something stupid on the web

1. Lamar was confounded by Spagnola's rush packages and philosophy of having one rusher try to move Lamar off his spot and into the vicinity of the other pass rushers who were not worrying about pressuring him, but waiting for Lamar to come to them. Watch the tape...awesome strategy!

2. Kelce played one of the best post season games I ever witnessed by a Tight End. full stop.

3. My $$$ is going on the Chiefs on February 11th.

The pass was uncatchable he went inside MVP threw it outside. There was early contact, but there was alot of non calls in the playoffs
Looked uncatchable, but early contact in the endzone is a flag every single time if its Mahommes or Brady

I've always said Lamar will never win a Super Bowl, he can clean up in the regular season vs bad defenses, but in the playoffs he faces the best teams that take away his running ability. His best chance to win a Super Bowl is if the opposing QB gets hurt.

It was a clear DPI but officiating has been a joke for many years and we accept it and continue to spend our time on this product so why mention it

KC went to Baltimore with the right game plan and stuck it to them. Got to be a nightmare to watch game film in Baltimore.

Jackson cannot handle the pressure! that's all there is to it. It's easy to get into his head and make him start making mistake after mistake. This is why we have so much success against him. He and Dak Prescott are a lot alike. They are all pros in the regular season but crumble in the biggest games.
They are the modern day Kordell Stewart. Athletic, can win games with their feet and throw a nice pass on occasion or even go on a nice pro bowl caliber stretch but lack the big game mojo to get over the hump

MTC you are definitely not watching the games.

And comparisons to Kordell are lame, Jackson is a step away from winning it all if he can't take it. Kordell was good but not great. Jackson reads D, goes through progressions, audibles, and usually excellent decisions and accurate passing

If you're right we are lucky to face Kordell twice a year for the next decade

MTC you are definitely not watching the games.

And comparisons to Kordell are lame, Jackson is a step away from winning it all if he can't take it. Kordell was good but not great. Jackson reads D, goes through progressions, audibles, and usually excellent decisions and accurate passing

If you're right we are lucky to face Kordell twice a year for the next decade
I don’t watch games much. Just basing judgment off the times I’ve watched.

They are the modern day Kordell Stewart. Athletic, can win games with their feet and throw a nice pass on occasion or even go on a nice pro bowl caliber stretch but lack the big game mojo to get over the hump
Agree, I see Jackson as a more accurate Kordell Stewart.

Justin Tucker of all people started the pettiness in the pregame when he tried to disrupt Mahomes warmup. Even tried to put his helmet where Mahomes may have tripped on it.

Steelers D owns his ***.

I think we are 7-1 or 8-1 against the ravens, our current streak.

Action hasn’t done JACK-**** against our team.

NOT sure of his longevity or future, but his legs are starting that “lose a step” capacity that follows these run 1st QBs.

Salute the nation

The Lamar Jackson experiment is over unfortunately we have to face him twice a year for a few more years and he's excellent in the regular. The Anti Flacco
The experiment is over unfortunately or unfortunately that the Steelers have to play him twice?

Kinda contradicting dontcha think?

I think we are 7-1 or 8-1 against the ravens, our current streak.

Action hasn’t done JACK-**** against our team.

NOT sure of his longevity or future, but his legs are starting that “lose a step” capacity that follows these run 1st QBs.

Salute the nation
He’s becoming warshed

It sounds contradictory. He is a killer in the regular season but hasn't been able to raise his game when the stakes are high. Career passing numbers are very good so you think you add in his rushing abilities and you have a SB winner. Nope

The strip sack was partly his fault for not getting rid of the ball. He missed an open wr for a TD in Q3 on an easy throw. He missed 2 consecutive throws down the side line in single coverage in Q4. He threw a horrible pick on their last chance to drive and tie with a TD. Yes it was DPI but that doesn't excuse the late throw. He threw a ball that bounced off the DB hands. Should have been a pick and maybe a TD. Memories of Ike.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories but it is confusing to see one of the fastest guys in the league put the brakes on and stop after rushing for 20 yards. No one stops running in this game when there is green grass in front of them and to the sideline. They stif arm and go. And for most of the game he is doing his Rudy imitation standing tall in the pocket like he's on a beach somewhere. I think that's coaching.

After watching the All 22 he had a dozen chances to pickup at least 10 yards and did not take off an burn the Chiefs D. Chiefs coaches must have been ecstatic after the game. Score 0 in 2nd half of AFCCG and you win a trip to the SB. It's comical

So yes he is not the QB you want in your division although playing against him arguably makes our D better. He isn't the same guy with a trip to the SB on the line. He was a mess. I don't expect that to change

Last week you went nuts at the notion that Lamar was anything but one of the absolute best QBs in the league. Even implied I was racist for thinking Lamar was anything but a great passer. You probably would have keyed my car if you could. Now after 1 game, you're out on Lamar? That's funny. But I appreciate you being open minded enough to possibly change your mind.

As for Chiefs being thugs, I disagree. That's them being experienced vets. They know the ravens are all about swagger so the Chiefs tried to get in their heads and they absolutely did.

I don't even remember the Kelce TD celebration. The NFL makes more allowances for celebrations in the endzone. Flowers shoved a guy, then threw the ball down at him, and then stood over top of him flexing. It was almost like somebody doing a training video to demonstrate what to look for to call taunting.
Yep. He did three things that would deserve a flag......he was lucky he only got one flag. LOL